• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Not everyone you'll face will switch Pokemon (if they do, it prolongs their defeat)

Incorrect. Most high-grade players will see the attack coming and switch accordingly, and switching hardly "prolongs a defeat." In fact, a well-placed switch-in can completely turn a battle around.

Detox

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh,I just found a shiny magikarp at a chain of 3...but its stats suck.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Not everyone you'll face will switch Pokemon (if they do, it prolongs their defeat)

I'm going to give you a little example.

Enemy switches in Tyranitar!
    You switch in Jolteon!

You switch to Gengar!
    Tyranitar uses Earthquake!
    The attack doesn't effect Gengar...

See what I did here? I switched, not only keeping one of my Pokemon alive, but also putting the opponent in an immediately threatening situation (Focus Blast hurts like hell). If I didn't switch, I would have lost Jolteon. So, does switching still 'prolong defeat'?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Then you predict what the opponent will send out, and act accordingly. Unless this is the early game, in which case, it may be best to Focus Blast just to be sure.

Detox

Yes,they are real because Nintendo copyrighted the names Duskgold and Dawnsilver

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Everyone wants a G/S/C remake. Why don't we just make one game if they do, it would cut months/years off of the time it would to create all three. If we have a Generation 5, the G/S/C remake (if they make one) might be apart of it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back