• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Do you want a sequel?

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    So, recently, I have completed Pokémon Colosseum again and I'm currently on XD.

I really enjoy the idea behind those 2 games, mainly, as they don't happen to be the same stuff all over again as the original handheld games. Wouldn't it be cool to see another game like these two with new Pokémon and maybe even a new world? (Although I don't mind the Orre region at all.)

What do you think?

Have you already come up with ideas for a possible sequel and which one did you like better? Colosseum or XD?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • FAN

I've played those games back in my childhood, both of them. The first one was mind bending and quite fun, but the second one was better. What I would like is that they give you the option to be either a girl and a boy and customize, not have one character by force.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would love to see gen IV and V shadow Pokemon. And I certainly hope there's a follow up to those games. They are my favorite spin off of all time (which is a high praise considering I hate most spin off games). I'd like to see triple battles included, but I still want the game to remain predominantly double battles. That's one thing I loved about those games, since I love double battles. The amount of Shadow Pokemon though...not sure. I felt there were too little in Colosseum, but too many in XD. I think that two shadow Pokemon should be enough for trainers. I hated in XD how later people had 3 or more, and the final boss had 6, and considering normal Pokemon are weak to shadow moves, it was hard to stay in battle and try to catch them. Kind of cheap.

I would like the choice of playing a male or female though. And I hope they're not ugly. XD; Rui wasn't the prettiest of them all, so I'm glad you had to play as Wes in Colosseum. I would also like better names for the NPCs. Colosseum and XD have the WORST names for people. It's like they threw Scrabble tiles at the wall, looked at the result and said "great name!" and put it in the game.

I enjoyed Colosseum more though. My top three favorite Pokemon are all in that game and I liked that you played as a 17 year old guy as opposed to a 10 year old. Very nice. Plus I felt it was darker than XD and I hated the trainer battle music in XD. It got annoying fast. Not that I have anything against XD, though. It has great music...except that trainer battle song. XD

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I would love a sequel to XD! A true Pokemon Battle Revolution, lol. I will never forget playing Pokemon Colosseum as a kid, and I'll especially never forget Snagging Shadow Croconaw<3 I thought Wes was really cool looking, he wasn't just another 11 year-old kid trying to be the best either. I remember being like "Whaaaaaa?" when I found out he was part of Team Snagem. Colosseum had a great story, & dark one at that. It made me love double battling, the music was great too. It was a bit short because there weren't to many Shadow Pokemon, I think only like 48, but it was great none the less. Gale of Darkness was even better! Lugia is my third favorite Pokemon, so when I watched the trailer way back when, and saw that Shadow Lugia, which I knew I was gonna have to purify, I was like "heck yeah!". Lol. Essentially the same story, but I didn't mind it at all. It was great to be back in Orre, seeing the kids from Kids Grid grown up, going to the Outskirt Stand to buy Pokeballs(for wild Pokemon ^_^ this time around), and battling Willie again. Mirror B's dance made me laugh, and Phenac City was still beautiful. I was a bit sad that Wes wasn't in the game, but the new hero was cool. I was glad they ditched the girl for the Aura Reader, lol. There were indeed to many Shadow Pokemon in XD, no Time Flutes either, what a bust. I actually still have my save file Colosseum on my memory card, and my actual copy/save of Gale of Darkness. Again, I would love a sequel to XD, I'd want it to be in Orre too, that way I could see what further changes have taken place there. The Wii needs a Pokemon game(with a real story), and what better game then a sequel to the greatness of Pokemon Colosseum/XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    eh, I wasn't the biggest fan of either, but that's just because I really wanted to catch wild pokemon :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ So what if they made a sequel that was set in Orre another *insertnumberofyearshere* during which Orre has improved to the point thta routes would make sense to have for the region? That'd be pretty neat (and better than XD's lure-with-cake method). Or maybe a different region in which Cipher make one last attempt (the ending of XD does allow for that potential, I feel...) Either one as long as Miror B features would do. ;p (Wes over Michael any day too, have to agree).

And who knows, it is possible, as Genius Sonority have started getting back into making stuff, including that Pokemon Spelling game... not much but it does show they are still potentially going to be involved with the Pokemon franchise beyond PBR.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    oh man that cake thing bugged me, I couldn't get through XD because of it. But yeah sure, I'd get that ... just no more cakes [-(

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    DEFINITELY. But not set in Orre. Somewhere that is more lush. Maybe a completely different storyline. I love the idea for a console pokemon rpg.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • The shadow Pokemon theme was cool for Colosseum, and I thought they did a good job refining it in XD, especially with the Purify Chamber and not needing a PC to save. If they were to do a sequel (which I definitely support), I would expect some upgrades so that it's not the same thing with different Pokemon.

Shadow Lugia definitely outdid Shadow Tyranitar as the ultimate shadow Pokemon, and I think that using a rare event Pokemon from past generations, perhaps Mew, Deoxys (maybe even with a new form), or Celebi, would be a good choice. But beyond Pokemon selections, I think they should up the difficultly a tad back to Colosseum's level. I found XD to be quite easy, while Colosseum got tougher down the stretch, particularly once you got to the top of the Realgam Tower. Maybe give the trainers better and/or higher leveled Pokemon?

The return of old Colosseum characters would be great. I did quite like Nascour as he did have a much more intimidation presence than an evil old man who is incapable of blinking. Of course, having Wes and Rui having roles would be great, even if they're not main characters. I didn't like the grandfather and his stupid Pikachu though, lol.

Man, I can just imagine Shadow Giratina and Shadow Darkrai...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Anti said:
    Shadow Lugia definitely outdid Shadow Tyranitar as the ultimate shadow Pokemon, and I think that using a rare event Pokemon from past generations, perhaps Mew, Deoxys (maybe even with a new form), or Celebi, would be a good choice. But beyond Pokemon selections, I think they should up the difficultly a tad back to Colosseum's level. I found XD to be quite easy, while Colosseum got tougher down the stretch, particularly once you got to the top of the Realgam Tower. Maybe give the trainers better and/or higher leveled Pokemon?

That being said, Celebi would be a really good choice, since Celebi is always the one that could do instant purification. Think about it. What would happen if the only Pokemon who has the power to purify was gone? And maybe instead of Cipher reforming by way of an old man or a crazy fat clown mayor, a new syndicate could rise out of those ashes. Someone that, and I'm just being hypothetical here, didn't like how foolishly Cipher was handled in some cases. Someone that had given ideas to the big dogs, but because of his low rank, was never listened to. Something along those lines. lool backstory.

And the difficulty definitely should have been upped. I remember actually doing Mt. Battle in Colosseum before going to the next plot advancement because if you went straight there, you were automatically underlevel. Like I said before, I just felt XD was too soft. In Colosseum, Cipher actually seemed bad. Not many people were to be taken lightly. Even Miror B was tough to face, but still retained some ridiculousness to him. XD had annoying, stupid bad guys, like Lovrina. She didn't seem bad. She was just annoying and not even that hard.

Years
  • Eh, not necessarily. Don't get me wrong, I love XD, and Colosseum wasn't so bad either, but I want to see something new. I want to see another 3D Pokemon RPG, but this time let's put more emphasis on the battles. No, I don't mean for them to throw battle after battle in our faces. I think it's about time that Pokemon tried some more dynamic camera angles and more interesting animations. PBR is an okay start, but I'm thinking more along the lines of this. Seriously, Hyper Beam damaged the stadium. Pay special attention to the ground under Deoxys' feet after the Hyper Beam. Let's prevent people from getting bored with battles.

When a Pokemon uses explosion, we should get a birds-eye view of the action. Let's see Pokemon get thrown against the walls of stadiums. Maybe we could even control the camera during the battle and take pictures. Holy crap, that would be awesome. Instead of making everything feel so turn-based, how about a Pokemon attacks before the other one retreats to it's side of the field? Maybe make it look like the opponent's trying to dodge? It just looks awkward seeing a Pokemon get attacked by opponent who literally just walked across the field. PBR felt rushed; they didn't even get new battle tunes, they're just remixes.

Other then that, let's see some more character customization. Again, it felt like PBR only scratched the surface of what could be done here. Whether it's an addition to the Shadow Pokemon saga, or a completely new idea, I want these changes. Either way, the next game better have Miror B.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    not a sequel but yes another game like this, this games have a very nice style

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Eh, not necessarily. Don't get me wrong, I love XD, and Colosseum wasn't so bad either, but I want to see something new. I want to see another 3D Pokemon RPG, but this time let's put more emphasis on the battles. No, I don't mean for them to throw battle after battle in our faces. I think it's about time that Pokemon tried some more dynamic camera angles and more interesting animations. PBR is an okay start, but I'm thinking more along the lines of this. Seriously, Hyper Beam damaged the stadium. Pay special attention to the ground under Deoxys' feet after the Hyper Beam. Let's prevent people from getting bored with battles.

When a Pokemon uses explosion, we should get a birds-eye view of the action. Let's see Pokemon get thrown against the walls of stadiums. Maybe we could even control the camera during the battle and take pictures. Holy crap, that would be awesome. Instead of making everything feel so turn-based, how about a Pokemon attacks before the other one retreats to it's side of the field? Maybe make it look like the opponent's trying to dodge? It just looks awkward seeing a Pokemon get attacked by opponent who literally just walk across the field. PBR felt rushed; they didn't even get new battle tunes, they're just remixes.

Other then that, let's see some more character customization. Again, it felt like PBR only scratched the surface of what could be done here. Whether it's an addition to the Shadow Pokemon saga, or a completely new idea, I want these changes. Either way, the next game better have Miror B.

Dude, you are so right. PBR had horrible graphics, perhaps even worse than XD, but whatever. If they actually put genuine effort into the next 3D game, and made it an RPG, it would be great. Aside from just Miror B. I'd love to see the return of Shadow Pokemon, but with more depth this time, and perhaps a more fleshed out story.

But hey, one can only dream.

Years
  • I'd love to see a sequel or at least another spin off game like these two in the future.

Both games were a blast to play, I would spend a lot of time playing them haha. Seeing a sequel now, especially with the new pokemon we have now, would be epic.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I would love an "XD" sequel... because it was the best game ever ;___; I love'd it D;

I liked it better than colosseum because it provided way more challenges and had a few more sidequests such as Mt. Battle. (Was that the name? :/) Getting a free Johto starter at the end was always the best. n.n

I lost mine ¬_¬ Yey, and can't buy a new one D:<

Years
  • and had a few more sidequests such as Mt. Battle. (Was that the name? :/) Getting a free Johto starter at the end was always the best. n.n

Mt. Battle was in Colosseum too though?

I'd love a sequel, one thing I remember sending Nintendo a letter about was actually physically playing as the Pokémon in the battles, it could be optional and you'd still have the traditional, 'Fight, Pokémon, Item, Run' as well, I dunno I might be the only one that wanted to run around as a Pikachu zapping other Pokémon or rolling around as a Donphan ^_^

I've yet to play XD as I can't find it anywhere in Ireland :( and it's around 30 euro or more anywhere I look for a decent copy. Looking forward to playing it though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    Yes, I would absolutely love a sequel to the games! I absolutely loved them, and played them non-stop, over, and over, and over again! I loved the story that they made for the game, with the Shadow Pokemon. I would actually like to see, the color of the Pokemon, change to a color kind of like, Shadow Lugia's, as it didn't make sense why Lugia was the only one to have a difference and color, while all the other Pokemon were the same. The way the Pokemon attack, I would like to be like Pokemon Battle Revolution, and once you beat the main story of the game, maybe a Battle Frontier type of level? I don't know just some ideas.

But overall yes I would like to see a sequel for the game, as they were great, and seeing a sequel, in my eyes, would be great too. :)

DNZGames

Team Atmos Leader
    Years
  • It's been leaked that a possible sequel to the games (or at least the same style of game) is coming to Wii. It is unknown what it's called, where it's set and whether or not Shadow Pokemon are back, or whether wild Pokemon are going to be in it. Either wa, it'll be epic. I think it was on Bulbapedia that they mentioned this.

Back