• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
  • Any idea why the Pokemon names show as corrupted when I use AdvanceMap? What can I do?
    0Nx4jkb.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    This might sound like a stupid question... but how do you patch this? I tried using both the link in the original post and NUPS and then tried loading the game in VBA, but it doesn't seem to be working, while the original base works just fine
    i have the same problem did you find out how to patch the update correctly?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Hello, i have a questions

Do the abilities and attacks from generation 5 to 7 work correctly? for example "harvest" or electric fields, psychic fields, grass fields, etc...?

Thanks

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you for the update. Anyway to undo the type chart changes the original author did? I been looking on how to change type effectiveness using various programs and none seem to be working atm for the base, since s/he moved where they were and how they are done.
    Hey sorry just saw this, I looked around for a bit and managed to find something but looks really weird to be the type chart, so I'm sorry but couldn't find anything. The programs you use don't work because the vanilla pointers still point to the original type chart (which doesn't seem to exist).
    This might sound like a stupid question... but how do you patch this? I tried using both the link in the original post and NUPS and then tried loading the game in VBA, but it doesn't seem to be working, while the original base works just fine
    Just apply it on a clean emerald rom, same the original base, the only difference is that you shouldn't expand the rom before patching like you do on the original.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    I see that the battle engine upgrade has a flag that doesn't allow the player to catch any pokemon, but it doesn't seem to be the vanilla flag set by the battle engine. Has any1 managed to find which flag is it?
    EDIT: For anyone that might be looking for this, I found it, it's flag 0x269

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you for the update. Anyway to undo the type chart changes the original author did? I been looking on how to change type effectiveness using various programs and none seem to be working atm for the base, since s/he moved where they were and how they are done.
    In case you're still interested, I managed to figure out the type chart, it's kinda compilated to say here though, so message me on discord. It's axcellerator.
    EDIT: By the way I don't see anything wrong with the type chart at first glance, what's the change?

Last edited:

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • I have an issue to report with this. My Mudkip evolved and wanted to learn Mud Shot. I select it and replace it with Growl, but after doing so, the move is messed up. Going into another battle shows Mud-Shot where Tackle used to be, some random gibberish where Growl used to be, Water Gun, and Mud Slap. Opening the party and going to the moves tab freezes the game. I used a Pokemon Emerald rom ripped straight from the cartridge for this!

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • Guys, my bug should be solved now! Please join the Hex Maniac Advanced Discord and look in the "Other Resources" section for an updated version of this! Axcellarator got permission to continue this. The new version should be 2.4.7!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    Wish this base had hma support I've fully switched over from pge & g3t gonna miss this base tho
    I've taken over for updating this base and I've made it compatible with HMA. I got Li Yun's permission. EDIT: You can find the updated on HMA's discord as stated by above comment, or on page 27 on this thread.

Days
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Hey. I tried patching the ROM following the instructions. But it doesn't work with PGE. I get an error message, and it doesn't load any of the data in the ROM. Any help?

Attachments

• image_2024-02-05_193338084.png
      image_2024-02-05_193338084.png
      33.7 KB · Views: 2
    • image_2024-02-05_193356565.png
      image_2024-02-05_193356565.png
      6.8 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    In case you're still interested, I managed to figure out the type chart, it's kinda compilated to say here though, so message me on discord. It's axcellerator.
    EDIT: By the way I don't see anything wrong with the type chart at first glance, what's the change?
    I really need to know how to edit the type effectiveness chart. I'm trying to use this ROM base to make a Digimon game, so the typing needs to fit the new theme. I tried to add you on Discord, but it said you're not accepting friend requests. Could you let me know how to do this? I'm also on discord: Bijhan

Back