• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fantasy Version

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Found a bug where the game does let you go into the mountain before talking to the wizard, but gets you stuck when you try to go back into sage city.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @agunplabuilder It was a matter of time!Luckily. It's not a late game bug. Will attempt to put a patch up tomorrow
    Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: Found a way to get past this. Try exiting Mt. Boon using the right hand tile and not the left. Will still patch though!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Found another bug where it looks like the Grimmsnarl has just disappeared after I left the area. I also happened to trigger the event before I got past the Haxorus so I'm not sure if that should have been possible either.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @agunplunder. Are you referring to leaving the Mangrove Swamp? I will deeply look into this and see if I can fix that in tomorrow's patch

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Yes. To be exact, the way this went is that I got frustrated fighting Haxorus so I decided to see if I could find somewhere to fight more trainers. Ended up going to the swamp, I fought through everything till I triggered the event that summoned Grimmsnarl and left to finally go beat Haxorus.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @agunplabuilder
    So I've noticed that players can enter the swamp before they're supposed to and fixed it, but the grimmsnarl event seems to be behaving.
    What do you mean specifically when you say " it looks like the Grimmsnarl has just disappeared after I left the area."?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    I didn't fight the Grimmsnarl and just left after it spawned. Came back when I'm guessing I was actually supposed to and it just wasn't there. The game even still has the blocker of having too much dark energy which keeps you from advancing.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I've worked out what's happened. Because of how the events were set up, and you entering the swamp before you should have done due to me not blocking it properly, the game has already run the witch event and now wont run it again. It should be fixed in tomorrow's patch, where it will not run again but Grimmsnarl should be battle-able!
    Thanks for reporting this, and obviously let me know if you encounter any others.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I doubt this is the case but are stats handled like in other fantasy games? It'd be nice to utelize a dragonquest-like stat system or final fantasy stat system in a pokemon or at least allow ALL stats to be EV trained like in R/B/Y or G/S/C to keep with the theme of this game.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @looneyman1 Hi! It's an interesting suggestion but I didnt want to deviate the game too much and also adding such a system would open up the game to far more bugs, so the stats system are very similar to the main games.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Patch v1.1 is out.
    You can update directly from v1.0 by Continuing Game.
    Please report any other bugs should you run into them!

Swdfm

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Just got the fairy key and now I am lost on where to go since I can't seem to find the vampire key.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I do not normally give walkthroughs but since you're progressing so well, ill make an exception
    Spoiler:

Let me know if you need me to elaborate further

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    I loved your game! But... unfortunately, I and one of my friends are stuck in a specific part.

Once we both defeat the dark Grimmsnarl, the game freezes right as the Head Witch comes in and there's nothing that unfreezes it. I have no idea why it happens, but it doesn't happen to a third friend of mine, who is playing with us as well and is using the mobile version. I sincerely want to know how we can unfreeze the game, or prevent the game from freezing at all.

I think changing to V1.1 is going to fix it, but I don't know how to update it directly from V1.0. I read it said it's done "by continuing game", but I have no idea what that means and I need further elaboration on that.

Thank you.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    All right. I believe that changing to v1.1 does fix it.
    So, what you do is that you just download v1.1 using the link given. And you play the game the same way that you would have done v1.0
    You can even delete v1.0 and its contents if you like on the PC because the save file is stored elsewhere.
    Your file should appear on the load screen as usual, where a prompt is given to update the game.
    With mobile emulators, I do not know where the file is stored, and so I dont know to what extent it can be updated. Plus it may be different for different emulators.
    If any of you still have the freeze error with the grimmsnarl in v1.1, please let me know

Swdfm

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm not even 100% sure what you mean by RPS, so assume that I'm not!

Back