• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Is there a way to check a mon's happiness level in this game?

In the island with the Psychic gym there's a big hotel (been a while since I played it so I don't remember the names well), somewhere inside that hotel there's an NPC that can do that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Fantastic game! Just completed a hardcore Nuzlocke for the first time after many failed attempts. Was fun going into the Elite 4 completely blind. The only problem I had was how Mega Evolution interacted with Intimidate. Every time a Pokemon mega-evolved, Intimidate would reapply. Very wonky, but it worked out in my favor with how much I used Gyarados. Still, thanks so much for making this incredible ROM hack. I can't recommend it to other people enough.

My final team was:

Guff the Exploud
    Level: 58
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Soundproof
    Item: Leftovers
    Met in Archan Tunnel at lv 2

- Boomburst
    - Crunch
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake

Geyadrone the Gyarados
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Intimidate
    Met in Archan Hills at lv 4

- Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Dance

MuYanLing the Altaria
    Level: 59
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Altarianite
    Met in Reliquia Ruins at lv 16

- Return
    - Roost
    - Perish Song
    - Fly

Koth the Whiscash
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Oblivious
    Met in Valoon Way at lv 22

- Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Aurora Beam

Ashiok the Cacturne (Died to the champion)
    Level: 57
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Met in Ikos Canyon at lv 39

- Sandstorm
    - Leech Seed
    - Sucker Punch
    - Needle Arm

ArlinnKord the Arcanine(Died to Leif)
    Level: 57
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Intimidate
    Met in Aerous Road at lv 25

- Will-o-Wisp
    - Flamethrower
    - Crunch
    - Extreme Speed

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Hey i just finished out the game and when reading the credits i saw the link and decided to come here and share my team! I went in completely blind and was very pleasantly surprise by the quality of this hack rom, playing through it was an amazing experience and i would for sure recommend it to anyone! Now heres my team

Harmony (Aurorus)
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Nature: Relaxed

Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave
    Ancient Power
    Earthquake
    -
    Sylvie (Gourgeist)
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Docile

Seed Bomb
    Confuse Ray
    Leech Seed
    Shadow Sneak
    -
    Hector (Blastoise - Mega Blastoise)
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Modest

Surf
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Dark Pulse
    -
    Cookie (Bibarel)
    Ability: Run Away
    Nature: Gentle

Rock Climb
    Rock Smash
    Dive
    Waterfall
    (He actually packed a strong punch in fights even with a full HM moveset, STAB rock climb and waterfall impressed me)
    -
    Heir (Liepard)
    Ability: Prankster
    Nature: Sassy

Dark Pulse
    Nasty Plot
    Thunder Wave
    Assist
    -
    Agatha (Blue Florges)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm

Moonblast
    Wish
    Aurora Beam
    Petal Dance
    -

Im pretty satisfied in this team, every single one of them ended up being useful in battle (even Cookie who i caught for hms) Agatha and Harmony were the doom of dragons, Heir gave me many sweet sweeps with Nasty Plot and Dark Pulse + her having solid attack and special attack made Assist actually strong as she could profit from her teammates moves, Sylvie hit like a truck and kept annoying tanks at bay with Leech Seed and Confuse Ray, Cookie surprised me by coming in handy with Waterfall and Rock Climb and lastly Hector was bulky and hit hard with Surf, Earthquake and Dark Pulse
    -
    My starter was a torterra who died to the enemy aurorus one of the elders had (i dont remember which one sorry), i caught Cookie at Celanto Path all the way at level 2 and at first i only wanted it for HMs but eventually i decided to grind it up with exp share and he ended up as a helpful companion, next is Agatha who i caught at level 3 on Seros Path, i was impressed by Flabebè's solid special stats as i never used it before and thought it would be an awfully weak first form like igglybuff or cleffa but no, Agatha surpassed my expecations since the start and was a special monster throughout the whole run (her hidden power water was amazing agaisnt Nina's fire gym), next is Heir who i caught on Archan Hills at level 4, Liepard is one of my all time favorite pokemon so when i had the chance to use one i held on to it immediatly and she did not disappoint being a very strong glass cannon for my team who abused her prankster assist and thunder wave + the solid STAB dark pulse, with the addition of Focus Sash to allow her to safely set up without me having to fear losing her she became the perfect glasscannon i needed, next we have Sylvie the gourgest who i caught at Wisp Forest at level 5, i love this pokemon so much because of Jessie's Kalos team and its probably my favorite ghost & my favorite grass type at the same time, her bullet seed, leech seed and confusion combo brought down many walls (even some who resisted her) and her shadow sneak put fear into frail psychic types, my next member is Harmony and i was so delighted by getting and Amaura so early in the game as Aurorus is my favorite fossil ever, even if her typing is not stellar on the defense side her solid defenses and hp made for a nice wall who could also hit hard with her STAB aurora beam and ancient power, although rock and ice have many weaknesses together on the offensive side they are DANGEROUS as she could bring down the vast majority of foes, her naturally learning ice beam made for a solid opponent agaisnt Herchel's salamence taking an earthquake like a champ and one shotting the mega beast, lastly on the list we have Hector who was the wartortle i got as a gift earlier on the game, i actually was thinking of getting a Goodra as my 6th but didnt want to go without enjoying the mega mechanic so i picked Hector for the last spot and he made for a nice tank to switch in who could also strike back!

This was my beloved team and i must admit i have grown pretty attached to them lol, i wish there was a post game already but the hack was amazing nonetheless!

Years
  • I wanted to edit some bad sprites to improve my gameplay experience
    using the Generation 3 Hacking Suite tool the dev(s) used, and I'm greeted with this error:
    Spoiler:

Have anyone encountered this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I wanted to edit some bad sprites to improve my gameplay experience
    using the Generation 3 Hacking Suite tool the dev(s) used, and I'm greeted with this error:
    error.png

Have anyone encountered this?

There's some changes that makes g3hs incompatible such as new Pokémon,and items. You need to edit the ini

Years
  • Thx for replying! :D

I found this post, however I lack basic knowledge to even understand how an ini looks like ... 😅
    This page might be helpful to find an ini with the original offsets for fire red

Following this tutorial, as with the example, I search in HxD the offset: PokemonData=254784, and I find it points to "00". now what? I tried searching "84 47 25 08" and "84 47 25" (why 08?) and found nothing...

Spoiler:

any help would be MUCH appreciated! 😅

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Joltik/Galvantula being available so early yet the Thunder TM not even existing yet vexes me to no end.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    i was just curious if you can catch all the pokemon from the pokedex? what i see of this is that its really a rom hack i would like to try but i want to be able to get a full living deck if i choose to do that.

Nevermind i looked a bit further and found a list of unobtainable pokemon. is it planned to make those obtainable in future versions?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokémon Gaia is still being worked on! I am currently porting the postgame to the new decompilation base using pokeemerald. I know it's been a while but please hang in there, v4 is coming!

We've recently had some great musicians join the Gaia team, and I'd like to share a brand new composition today, for Aerous City:

And an older composition, the battle theme for the Elder Knights, has been uploaded to my YouTube channel with a slightly updated mix:

As always, make sure to follow me on twitter @spherical_ice for more frequent updates, and join the Gaia Discord.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    Thank you so much for all the time and effort you've invested in this masterpiece :D considering another playthrough now 😁

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    From kwen (@trietnio) character designer+spriter for Pokemon Gaia

rjg54f.png

3rpjl8.jpeg

Inspiration behind the Pokémon Gaia protagonists and rival

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Allways great to hear news from this rom hack, thanks for sharing.

Hope the few issues such as weather abilities lasting indefinitely and the missing TMs like Protect and Thunder can get addressed.

Years
  • More music! This time composed by mammothplant, it's the battle theme for the leader of the Mighty Mightyenas, Akuto! Have a listen while you admire rev and FrenchCynda's redesign of Akuto:

this sounds sick! Also does this mean that there is possibility that we will be getting custom songs for gym leaders/e4/champion?

Last edited:
    Back