• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Even though I wouldn't call it utopian either, it certainly sounds like a nice place if the biggest threats are easily defeated by an inexperienced ten year old kid :P

However there are real world issues in the Pokémon world such as pollution and poaching, and some species of wild Pokémon, like Beedrill, Ursaring, and Scolipede, don't exactly treat adventurers with respect 0_o

Years
  • Sorry to change the subject, but who watched any of the Regional streams today? I'm watching currently and the second round of semi-finals have been intense stuff. Even though I don't play in regionals they're still fun to watch.

Years
  • I saw that last semi-finals match today, and I remember that Conkeldurr surviving a Draco Meteor from the Hydreigon, even though it was Choice Specs. Turns out the Conkeldurr was Assault Vest, and that allowed it to finish off the Hydreigon by gaining HP with Drain Punch then slamming it with Mach Punch. And the Mega Metagross was bested by a Bisharp.

Years
  • I would love to be a part of regionals, but I haven't played the card games in over 5 years...

They've taken the Card Game tournament structure and applied it to the video game championships, and I think Pendraflare was talking about those regionals, not the TCG regionals.

I've not been watching them, myself, as I'm not terribly into the competitive VGC side of things.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I saw that last semi-finals match today, and I remember that Conkeldurr surviving a Draco Meteor from the Hydreigon, even though it was Choice Specs. Turns out the Conkeldurr was Assault Vest, and that allowed it to finish off the Hydreigon by gaining HP with Drain Punch then slamming it with Mach Punch. And the Mega Metagross was bested by a Bisharp.
    This sounds like a referee for football or something. Pokemon gaming is now a sport B)

Years
  • I don't think I could get into watching the VGC or TCG regionals (or even world championship) on the computer, though being there to watch it in person in 2013 was pretty cool. Being in the same room as a thousand other people watching a battle is a lot different than doing it behind a screen, haha.

Years
  • This sounds like a referee for football or something. Pokemon gaming is now a sport B)

Haha yes, just imagine the Draco Meteor coming down like footballs, and the Conkeldurr taking it with 1 HP and then punching the linebacker and making the touchdown like a quarterback. B)

Years
  • ...or, just simply éSports. Something that's easily identifiable as Pokemon related, but still in the same vain as other competitive gaming. Still, I'm one of those people that doesn't really enjoy watching others play games, so I don't know if I'd be invested in it.
    Haha yes, just imagine the Draco Meteor coming down like footballs, and the Conkeldurr taking it with 1 HP and then punching the linebacker and making the touchdown like a quarterback. B)
    THIS on the other hand captures my interest. Give me something that (even vaguely) resembles a real world sport with Pokemon, and I'd be hooked in no time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ...or, just simply éSports. Something that's easily identifiable as Pokemon related, but still in the same vain as other competitive gaming. Still, I'm one of those people that doesn't really enjoy watching others play games, so I don't know if I'd be invested in it.
    THIS on the other hand captures my interest. Give me something that (even vaguely) resembles a real world sport with Pokemon, and I'd be hooked in no time.
    Don't they have that in a pokemon movie? The Deoxys one, perhaps. Some ballgame teamsport with an Electabuzz iirc.

Years
  • This talk about sports does remind me a bit of the fact that Nimbasa City in Unova has sports stadiums... That and the few episodes of the anime that had Casey on her baseball team The Electabuzz. Sports talk wins.

pkmin3033

This talk about sports does remind me a bit of the fact that Nimbasa City in Unova has sports stadiums... That and the few episodes of the anime that had Casey on her baseball team The Electabuzz. Sports talk wins.
    ...and now the Electabuzz Fight Song is stuck in my head.

Not that I mind (at the moment, if I'm still like this in an hour I'll be cursing virulently) because Casey was one of the better recurring anime characters...even if her purple hair clashed horribly with her outfit. xD;

I'm still waiting for Honedge fencing to become a thing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Can anyone guess this attack--
    Pokémon General DCC

If A pokemon can use more then 4 attack in Pokken Tournament then the Anime might not need to follow 4-only Attack limit .
    Because that will prove that In Pokemon Terminology A Pokemon is capable of using more then 4 attack.
    Anime should follow Terminology , not Game mechanic .

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can anyone guess this attack--
    Pokémon General DCC

If A pokemon can use more then 4 attack in Pokken Tournament then the Anime might not need to follow 4-only Attack limit .
    Because that will prove that In Pokemon Terminology A Pokemon is capable of using more then 4 attack.
    Anime should follow Terminology , not Game mechanic .
    Can pokémon only use 4 moves in anime these days? I think they did it differently in the past. But yeah, I totally agree. Sure, an individual pokémon might want to focus on some certain moves just to hone their skills rather than to know a lot of moves half-bad. But 4 is a bit... limiting. Works fine with game mechanics, but in anime it's a bit silly.

Years
  • I'd also say the same, there have been quite a few Pokémon i've seen use more than four moves on occasion, like Ash's Pikachu being the most well-known one I think. But since I haven't seen the anime in long, it's a curiosity.

Back