• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Giovanni Origins [FULL RELEASE - PLAY JOHTO NOW!]

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen today
    Ladies and Gentlemen, v2.0.2 is here!

Bug fixes:
    - Fishing encounters fixed, your Super Rod will now be far more super than before!
    - Fixed a bug where Gym Leader Viper does not re-appear after... a certain storyline event.
    - Can access Burned Tower after retrieving either one of the Copper or Sprout Feathers.

New content:
    - Added Eviolite, additional Dragon Scale and Prism Scale, additional Exp. Share.
    - Pokémon Mansion basement has been expanded! You can only access this area after retrieving the ID, which you steal from somebody in Cerulean City.
    - Added 2 brand new post-game battles! Can you find Blue and Red and take them down!?
    - Added missing TMs.

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins v2.0.2 - DOWNLOAD

Transferring your save to a new version should be as simple as copying this file, from your current version, to the same place in the newly downloaded folder.

View attachment 158580

Days
    • Online now

Bug fixes:
    - Fishing encounters fixed, your Super Rod will now be far more super than before!
    - Fixed a bug where Gym Leader Viper does not re-appear after... a certain storyline event.
    - Can access Burned Tower after retrieving either one of the Copper or Sprout Feathers.

New content:
    - Added Eviolite, additional Dragon Scale and Prism Scale, additional Exp. Share.
    - Pokémon Mansion basement has been expanded! You can only access this area after retrieving the ID, which you steal from somebody in Cerulean City.
    - Added 2 brand new post-game battles! Can you find Blue and Red and take them down!?
    - Added missing TMs.

Transferring your save to a new version should be as simple as copying this file, from your current version, to the same place in the newly downloaded folder.

View attachment 158580
    Amazing update!! 🙌
    Quick question: how early do you get access to porygon? Also, where would I get eviolite?
    Thanks in advance 🙏.
    Edit: Never mind about the eviolite, I see you updated the info, it's in the Pokémon mansion basement. Thank you. But would still appreciate the help to find porygon, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen today
    Amazing update!! 🙌
    Quick question: how early do you get access to porygon? Also, where would I get eviolite?
    Thanks in advance 🙏.
    Edit: Never mind about the eviolite, I see you updated the info, it's in the Pokémon mansion basement. Thank you. But would still appreciate the help to find porygon, if you don't mind.

Try asking around the Pokémon Lab on Cinnabar next to the mart, below the mansion :)

Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024

Bug fixes:

New content:
    - Added missing TMs.

View attachment 158580
    Great work on this one! However, there seems to be a bug on my end when I present the stolen ID to Cinnabar Mansion..the game freezes...

Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Great work on this one! However, there seems to be a bug on my end when I present the stolen ID to Cinnabar Mansion..the game freezes...
    I just found out that the game only freezes when you speak to the man from the right side...otherwise, speaking to him from the left or bottom does not freeze the game. Thanks a lot!

Days
    • Online now
    Try asking around the Pokémon Lab on Cinnabar next to the mart, below the mansion :)
    Yooo trying to get that Porygon with some good IV stats takes forever. Been on it almost 3 hours. Saw a shiny 2 times and realized something. Shiny Pokémon should either have an encounter rate of say 1/50 or they should come with 3 out of the 6 IV stats at "S" level as a reward for waiting hours to encounter one (the remaining 3 stats could still be random). Imagine having to wait forever to see a shiny Pokémon only for it have horrible IV stats.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    I just found out that the game only freezes when you speak to the man from the right side...otherwise, speaking to him from the left or bottom does not freeze the game. Thanks a lot!

Good spot, I'll put this into the next patch. Thanks for letting me know!

Yooo trying to get that Porygon with some good IV stats takes forever. Been on it almost 3 hours. Saw a shiny 2 times and realized something. Shiny Pokémon should either have an encounter rate of say 1/50 or they should come with 3 out of the 6 IV stats at "S" level as a reward for waiting hours to encounter one (the remaining 3 stats could still be random). Imagine having to wait forever to see a shiny Pokémon only for it have horrible IV stats.

To be honest that would take some pretty complex coding changes which I cannot do, otherwise I'd put a IV-floor in so that they were always B or better for trade and gift Pokémon.

Days
    • Online now
    Good spot, I'll put this into the next patch. Thanks for letting me know!

To be honest that would take some pretty complex coding changes which I cannot do, otherwise I'd put a IV-floor in so that they were always B or better for trade and gift Pokémon.
    All good brother. Thank you for an awesome game 🙌

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I think I went through all of that. I haven 6 badge at the moment after having beaten Pewter city's gym, and when I try to enter Mount Moon, it's blocked by strength boulders. The path from Saffron too is blocked by construction.

P.S: The discord link is not working as well.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    just one thing im concerned about or i mean not really concerned but it feels like i am way low leveled in johto even if i am training my pokemon to the level cap any tips how to make my pokemon stronger?

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    I think I went through all of that. I haven 6 badge at the moment after having beaten Pewter city's gym, and when I try to enter Mount Moon, it's blocked by strength boulders. The path from Saffron too is blocked by construction.

I have fixed the Discord link (well spotted!) - drop a screenshot in the discord, there shouldn't be any boulders blocking Mt. Moon so that's odd!

just one thing im concerned about or i mean not really concerned but it feels like i am way low leveled in johto even if i am training my pokemon to the level cap any tips how to make my pokemon stronger?
    Ensure you do as many boss battles and side quests as you go, and battle all trainers. If you need, you can replay the Elite Four for some bulk XP, or there is a repeatable trainer in Vicvtory Road with a Blissey who drops big XP! (female Cooltrainer!)

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Ladies and Gentlemen, v2.0.3 is here!

Bug fixes:
    - Concierge in Pokémon Mansion no longer freezes when presented the ID from the NPCs right-hand side.
    - The item check prior to entering the Tin Tower now checks the player's inventory, rather than via a counter.
    - Updated text of an NPC in Pokémon Mansion to make it clear there is not a hidden quest.
    - The gifted Dark Pokémon, when opting for a Dark Weezing, has correctly been updated to state it is a Dark Scyther you are choosing as that is the Pokémon you get!
    - Tile collisions in Pokémon Mansion basement.
    - Rapidash for Drifblim trade in Violet City now works as intended.

New content:
    - Cynthia post-game battle added! Another one to find and beat if you can!

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins v2.0.3 - DOWNLOAD

Thank you for playing, giving feedback and reporting bugs!

Last edited:

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    I think I went through all of that. I haven 6 badge at the moment after having beaten Pewter city's gym, and when I try to enter Mount Moon, it's blocked by strength boulders. The path from Saffron too is blocked by construction.

You need the Strength HM move item, which is in Viridian City (always check the game docs as this stuff is all in there)

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen today
    Oddly enough, I did go through the docs, and all I ever saw was that the HM for strength is in Goldenrod.
    Yeah I can see how that would be confusing. The Johto update changed it so HM items are what you use out of combat rather than HMs. In the HMs list the items and their locations are listed at the bottom :smile:

Back