• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Rool

Sprote the sprite, sprite the sprote!
Years
Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged
A romhack based on lvl3's Gold 97​

github link

En2uNGd.png

Update v6.1c
15/10/23:

-Fixed an issue with the Boardwalk Move Tutor

-Swapped prize Porygon with a Dratini in Kanto's Game Corner.

-Added Kangaskhan and Ditto to the swarm list.​

This romhack is a complete re-imagining of the 1997 demo of Pokemon Gold and Silver.
Explore the Nihon region with an entirely new story and cast of beta Pokemon entirely done up in the style of Crystal's GBC graphics.
Based on lvl3's original Gold 97 hack, the game has been entirely re-balanced and remastered as well!
Go on a grand adventure catching Pokemon and taking down Team Rocket nationwide in this alternate sequel to the original Red and Blue!

Reforged comes in two versions, Gold and Silver, featuring differing sprites and encounter tables just like the real game.
All Pokemon are still catchable in each version!

Screenshots:
TEL2lFP.png

Changes:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Report bugs on the Reforged discord server:
https://discord.gg/EzbXamVZXh
SPRITE SHEET IN ATTACHMENTS, FREE TO USE WITH CREDIT GIVEN

Attachments

• READ_ME_FOR_CREDITS_INFO.txt
    426 bytes · Views: 1,477
  • Reforged_Gold_v6.1c.ips
    1.3 MB · Views: 769
  • Reforged_Silver_v6.1c.ips
    1.3 MB · Views: 639
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 29, 2020
Hyped as hell for it, it definitely looks insanely clean and so damn authentic.
You guys really put a lot of passion and time through it, can't wait to play!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Same here. I completed the Gold 97 hack and this one is just going to be an excuse to play it again but in color and with some fixes. I can't wait!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I remember that in Pokemon Gold 97, Kotora could learn Rollout and Ground type moves by level at first. But in a later update, the creator removed the Rock and Ground type moves from Kotora's level-up movepool. Have you re-added those moves to its movepool?

Also, have you changed trade evolutions to evolve differently (level up, happiness, evolution stones)?

Rool

Years
I remember that in Pokemon Gold 97, Kotora could learn Rollout and Ground type moves by level at first. But in a later update, the creator removed the Rock and Ground type moves from Kotora's level-up movepool. Have you re-added those moves to its movepool?

Also, have you changed trade evolutions to evolve differently (level up, happiness, evolution stones)?

Yes, Movesets are being changed. Trade evolutions have two methods: Trade Stone or Trading.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I played the "vanilla" version of this and loved it, bookmarking this "remake", because it was a really good game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm grateful for this project. This is a great excuse to play this game again. I've got no right to complain, but it would be nice if the post-game was expanded on.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Pokémon Spaceworld '97 Reforged
You must be wondering what this is, yes? This is a hack of Pokemon Crystal using Lvl3's Spaceworld hack as a base. The aim is to "finalize and improve" Spaceworld '97 in Gameboy Color, Rather than the original Gameboy. Now let's look into it deeper:
SCREENSHOTS:
Vkx3691.png

Changes:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

**DOWNLOAD LINK SOON**​

I'm late for the party but I'm hyped how gen 2 hacking is improving every day! Good luck with this project in recreating it

legend link9

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Very excited, thank you for your hard work! I look forward to playing it on release.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
hmm that mean you going to add lugia? in gold 97 or are you going to replace one of beta pokemon?

Rool

Years
Oh my god, I love how you've done Space world silver's title screen. That Lugia looks so damn regal! I can't wait! Also, have you considered adding the running shoes into your version?

Sadly no running shoes, i wanted this to be like vanilla gen 2

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Sadly no running shoes, i wanted this to be like vanilla gen 2

Out of curiosity does this kind of feature decision affect development as a whole? Stuff like placing more items, plot points (pre/post bike), designing the map? Are these stuff even considered?

I've seen this choice on more and more with devs on gen 1 and 2 and it would be cool to get more on insight from the other side.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
This game's coming together real well. Also, I know some sprites exist for the female character as it'd be out of place to use Kris in this. Will you use the beta version of her?

Last edited:
Back