• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Thanks for making this game! Just started it yesterday and enjoying the freedom so far. Also just want to point out, I caught a blitzle with lightning rod ability, but during battles it still gets damage + paralysis from every electric type move from my opponents.

I'm still using it cause I like the pokemon itself, but would be great if that could be fixed.
    Thanks for the report, but this isn't a bug. This is how this Ability works on Gen 3-4. Like I said on the thread:

By the way, this game doesn't follow a mechanic set of a specific generation: There are some things from generation 7, others from 4 and even some from 3.
    I currently have no plans to change all abilities/moves to the more updated versions because this would take me a huge time.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    hey, does this game have shared exp

• Exp formula from generation 1-4/6.
    • Exp Share works like generation 2-5.
    • Exp All works similar to Exp Share from generation 6. Half of the Exp gained is divided among all Pokémon in the battle, with a 5% more bonus to the total experience for each party member that receives the experience. That is, with Exp All and a team of 6 pokémon, you will be gaining 125% of the experience that will be divided between them.

and speed-up?
    There is no turbo button, but a lot of things in the game are faster than a standard pokémon game, like walking/running/bicycle/surf speed and fades. There are options to speed up text (almost instant) and HP/EXP bars.

Skip text: In battle, you can hold the action, cancel or run button to make the text go through faster.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hi FL
    Im currently at rank 10B and my team are Arcanine, Gengar, Gyarados, Togekiss, Venasaur, Tauros (Sub : Munchlax) and imma replace Tauros with Garchomp ,Gengar with Hydreigon and Gyarados with Mylotic (if somehow i caught one) but i feel like its gonna be the exactly the same as the team ive played since the last version. So i would like to build a new team with some in Gen 6,7,8 (im pretty new to these Generations and i also think they are not as strong and cool as the OG). Could u tell me where to find these Pokemon: Goodra, Dragapult, Zeraora, Kommo-o ,Urshifu.
    - P/S : I cant stop playing this game and u have done a really great job this version sir.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Hi FL
    Im currently at rank 10B and my team are Arcanine, Gengar, Gyarados, Togekiss, Venasaur, Tauros (Sub : Munchlax) and imma replace Tauros with Garchomp ,Gengar with Hydreigon and Gyarados with Mylotic (if somehow i caught one) but i feel like its gonna be the exactly the same as the team ive played since the last version. So i would like to build a new team with some in Gen 6,7,8 (im pretty new to these Generations and i also think they are not as strong and cool as the OG). Could u tell me where to find these Pokemon: Goodra, Dragapult, Zeraora, Kommo-o ,Urshifu.
    - P/S : I cant stop playing this game and u have done a really great job this version sir.
    Good team, Island veteran! Only one type repeated (Togekiss/Gyarados) and you have the elemental trio.

About the pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2023
    Hey so, How do I unlock the other half of the map? it has a set of roadblocks blocking the way.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm wondering where I might find Ralts and Larvitar? I don't remember where Larvitar was in 1.3 and the trades are different now. I was also wondering if we get to pick more starters every 50 Pokemon in the Pokedex still or is that different as well? Thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm wondering where I might find Ralts and Larvitar? I don't remember where Larvitar was in 1.3 and the trades are different now. I was also wondering if we get to pick more starters every 50 Pokemon in the Pokedex still or is that different as well? Thanks!
    Yes! You can pick more starters every 50 pokémon. About the locations:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Is it a bug or i'm missing something? I've had a full bag (20/20) and bought exp. share in rarirty shop and now i can't find it anywhere.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Yes! You can pick more starters every 50 pokémon. About the locations:

Spoiler:
    I forgot that you need to upgrade the Research and Development Center to obtain extra starters.

Is it a bug or i'm missing something? I've had a full bag (20/20) and bought exp. share in rarirty shop and now i can't find it anywhere.
    It's a bug, thanks for reporting!

You can buy as many as you want at Rank 16, but if you mind waiting, you can send me your save and I can restore it.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Starting at rank 10 do the enemy trainers start having EVs and or IVs has their move coverage just a lot better than in 1.3? I can't seem to beat them and I'm Lv 42-45

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Starting at rank 10 do the enemy trainers start having EVs and or IVs has their move coverage just a lot better than in 1.3? I can't seem to beat them and I'm Lv 42-45
    All trainer pokémon have EVs between 0-85 on each stats proportionally between levels 10 and 50 (and, of course, having 85 at 51-100). I guess that this doesn't change between 1.2 and 2.0

All trainer pokémon have IVs as 20. Starting on rank 9, it raise to 25. It will raise to 30 on later ranks. I guess that this doesn't change between 1.2 and 2.0

Starting at rank 9, the trainers have custom moves. This doesn't change significantly between 1.2 and 2.0.

But on 2.0 I increased the AI skill, maybe it is that.

Until rank 12, I beat all ranks without losing, just completing the Teleport Station areas (defeating all trainers), Double Colosseum (as far than I can) and using Pokémon Fitness a little. But I can't use myself as the main case, so I decreased the levels a little and boost EXP All item bonus on 2.1.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    This is a pretty fun game! Doing a no teleport run now
    Nice! I made this challenge at 2012-2014 (I guess) but the only ones I know who have done this (if I remember correctly) are speedrunners who completed this challenge "accidentaly" XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hi FL. Its me again. Im at rank 16A now and keep going.
    I have a question about the move Phantom Force. I still get hit on the turn i used it. So does the move work like that or is it a bug.
    Thanks ^^

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Do you have plans for gen 9 pokemon for v3.0? If not, mention that you don't implement gen 9 pokemon to FAQ (Frequent Answered Questions).

Back