• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Yeah i agree with monkeyboi . I also had no interest in that place. LaZ if u could not managed the battle tower problem it will not cost us anything . And Good luck till beta release.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
So people don't care about the battle tower, makes me think what people do care about..

Anyway, i'll make it eventually for completeness sake.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
So people don't care about the battle tower, makes me think what people do care about...

People care about wonderful game-play, something you've given us tenfold. To be honest, the battle tower was only there as an after game to stop people from selling the game or to help people test out teams for multiplayer, neither of which really matter in a hack. also people only really used the hoenn battle frontier as opposed to the single battle tower in kanto. L&Z don't let that get waste your time, if you didn't have one in the game, i doubt no one would even care.

On a separate note, i know this doesn't have anything to do with anything, and i know you're done inserting players into the game, but wouldn't it be cool to randomly find a trainer named Crobatman in game? He stands hidden and jumps out whenever you walk in his range of vision. Multiple encounters with a slightly growing batman themed team would be enjoyed.

Not really a request just talking to air out the millions of thoughts.

linkandzelda

Years
People care about wonderful game-play, something you've given us tenfold. To be honest, the battle tower was only there as an after game to stop people from selling the game or to help people test out teams for multiplayer, neither of which really matter in a hack. also people only really used the hoenn battle frontier as opposed to the single battle tower in kanto. L&Z don't let that get waste your time, if you didn't have one in the game, i doubt no one would even care.

On a separate note, i know this doesn't have anything to do with anything, and i know you're done inserting players into the game, but wouldn't it be cool to randomly find a trainer named Crobatman in game? He stands hidden and jumps out whenever you walk in his range of vision. Multiple encounters with a slightly growing batman themed team would be enjoyed.

Not really a request just talking to air out the millions of thoughts.

Thats a very subtle request there my friend :P

no,i like battle tower!never give up for it,fightiing!

Thats the spirit! Battle Tower FTW!!!

Well.. The battle tower is off my hands fork now. I'll be focusing on the remaining things to do again. This time stuff thats actually on my list lol.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Honestly, I think the Battle Tower should just be an update once the rest of the hack is done. It's not useful at all, to be honest, since you don't gain EXP from it.

Also, as a side-story, do you think you might add RED, appearing in the Orange Islands as a more powerful, well-hidden boss? I dunno how to improve his team, but I'm sure you'll find a way to make him nearly impossible X3

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I have to say that the orange islands would be much more than a replacement for the battle tower. If you can get it working easily, do it. If not, screw it. I think you (along with zeikku, magnius, and some others) have made one of the greatest hacks already, don't get worked up about a little tower 'till the rest is all done. Besides, we may learn more about how the tower works in rse in future.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
for some reason I cannot download this to vba no matter what I do it does not show up in my vba files I had a version of this hack don't remember which and the game wouldn't let me enter Union cave and now I can't download any other any info or help would be greatly appreciated

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012
wow when you threw out beta 3 like that i assumed that u had given up with LC but yea hope u finish soon and keep the good work up!!

BUT theres this one thing thats bothering me...idk if u know why but do you have any explanation why certain pokemon cant learn TM's that they are compatible with (ex. kababra and fire punch) but can learn TM's that arent (ex. meganium and ice punch)

PS. dont stress over battle tower its an "i beat the game n now im bored" building. save it for the future!!

PSS. TRICKHOUSE? yes or no?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I don't think LaZ ever posted this as an update and you guys probably know about it by now but take a look:
bg-1.png

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
this background looks very nice :D
i dont ask about accurate release date but 3.1 will be released before the holidays come to an end xD ?

Chewphoria

Cup Cake♡♪
Years
I downloaded this hack because the metal generation is my favorite generation. I'm really impressed with this. :) It feels really official. I'm only on Union Cave right now, but I look forward to the rest of the game and beta 3.1. :)

linkandzelda

Years
Well i'm back on my todo list and I finished the seasonable weather last night. It's pretty sweet. Also it will keep the weather for much longer than the current one does making it much less random. Oh and sandstorms only appear in the summer and are quite rare ;)

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
Years
Hey LaZ long time no see you! I was one of your first supporters and I was sad when it was said you wouldn't continue your work so I left the place, but after all this years i'm back and I couldn't be more impressed by your (and Zeikku of course ^^ ) current work and dedication, I'm really happy to see this great hack come into fruitition and now I would also like to reiterate my (3 years old heheh) will to translate your game into spanish where the time has come :D thanks a lot LaZ see you around!

Ultra Noob question: Which version of the FR rom is needed??

Last edited:
Back