• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    I have created encounter lists for all the possible routes on this hack here, plus mini-guides on a few legendaries that weren't in other walkthroughs.

Years
    • Seen today
    @TamashiCioda

No, this ROM hack has not been worked on in ages. It is not in active development.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2022
    You just responded to a post from 2011, which is eleven years ago. As Kalarie has stated, it is not developed anymore and what you play is more or less the final version.

For some reason my screen said it was posted this year. Thats why i was very, very confused.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • defo one of my OG favs too, it's a shame we might never see it completely finished, especially since it's so close to done. I know he said he was planning a trilogy of games, but Liquid Crystal itself at least could've been wrapped up in a comparatively fraction of the dev time already invested into it.

I know you could site sunk cost fallacy and they may no longer have the drive to work on it, but as it's so close I really wish they were more open to having others do the finishing touches to get it completely finished.

I saw two people in this thread offer to continue working on it, I'm sure there would be more willing to help get it done too if a project did materialise. Although interest might wane as time goes on.

I get that they likely have a strong personal connection to this creative project and thus the "I'd rather no one finish it. Someone can finish it and then I'd have to look & see" type response I saw posted here. Or the "maybe we'll finish it *some day*".

Either way this will forever be a classic to me, and I will try to keep up with it and see if there are any updates or anything, even if we never see them¬

Thanks for everything! To all the devs who worked on this!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2022
    Jw, but is there a way to mod this so TMs are reusable? thats the biggest thing that keeps me from playing this tbh

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2022
    Hello to everyone <3 i'm a new member to the community.

I have been enjoying LC so much it's crazy. I have run into a small bug atm. The spearow is not being delivered to the guy on route 31. Is this fixed in a patch?

Also; I assume the patches are not being deployed automatically so is there a certain process to do it manually?

Years
  • how can you be sure this is a dropped project? maybe it might take a while for a new update but i dont see it anywhere saying that theyre no longer working on it.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Does anyone have a patch version of the latest live beta version, that could share? cause the links to the download site, do not work anymore. IIRC it was3.3.00511 from 19 July of 2015.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • how can you be sure this is a dropped project? maybe it might take a while for a new update but i dont see it anywhere saying that theyre no longer working on it.

can't remember where I saw it, maybe on a fb page for this hack or something, but pretty sure they posted an update basically confirming it's on indefinite hiatus and not currently being worked on.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    Just to let you guys know: A Finished but unreleased version IS ALLOWED, BUT the update files cannot be posted, UNLESS LAZ posts it! Please Read their Full Message to me for more information. (PP 232)

Back