• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    um, I was just playing and stopped paying attention accidentally skipping some text lol, can someone tell me where the HQ sends you after you pursue team rocket when they are trying to control Zapdos at Mt. Moon, because I am lost and have no idea where to go next, I'm just kind of going everywhere and cant find anything

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, so I have no idea if this hack is still active or not, but I discovered a wierd bug in the game that I haven't seen anyone mention before. It could just be me, but it's probably worth mentioning.

Build Number: 3.3.00511
    Bug/Glitch Description: After a certain amount of time spent after booting the game up, your Trainer ID changes randomly. I think it could be linked to advance frames, but I could be wrong. Your trainer ID changes to something like 00469 or something close to that, it could vary slightly. Sometimes the play time changes to some crazy number of 200+ hours, even if your less than 10 minutes into the game. I've tested it out though and it doesn't look like it always changes play time, but it usually does. I've tried repatching the rom, but the glitch still happens regardless. Again, it could just be me, but it could be something worth checking out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    HEY THERE! First of all, I wanna congratulate you for the awesome job you've done 'till this point. it's an amazing hack, I enjoy every single minute I play it. However, I found some issues and have some problems:
    1.- I can't use Neither the Radio nor the Phone, I already have the expansion cards for both, but it still displays "Currently not working"
    2.- I have found some glitched sprites (unowns, and a pokemon named ??????)

Please, help me fix this as soon as possible, just for reference I play the version 3.3.00511 of the BEta and use the VBA link 1.8 emulator for windows.
    Sincerly, ErickR2

/INSERT SIGNNATURE HERE/

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hey, I'm not having any issues with the game, just wanted to compliment you on a great project. I like the Open Ocean idea, the borders of rocks and buoys around routes sometimes feel very artificial. Crystal is one of my favorite versions, and Liquid Crystal gets closer to it in some ways than the official HG/SS remakes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Are their any glitches that prevent you from progressing the story?
    I have a physical GBA port of this game. And so far I have beaten Faulkener with no problems and went through Union cave with no problems.

Also are the learned move sets the same as the original second generation with respect to Johto and Kanto pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2020
    I found a bug where under the goldenrod radio tower in the room with the shutters, where if you save and quit and reload the shutters will close and now im stuck surrounded by shutters and cant move, dig, escape rope, teleport, or fly. Can anyone help me?

Haider Rauf

PokéFanMan
    Years
  • Great LaZ!This hack is simply phenomenal!I love the new additions while maintaining the nostalgia of crystal.My only request would be to update the accuracy,power etc. of the moves to gen6(I'm not saying to add new moves,just update the existing ones).Anyways, wish you good luck on this Hack.
    P.S:Have the annoying trade evolutions removed or not?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    the game is nice but i have a problem.. at MT MOON the team rocket doesnt appear when they should... i watched on YT walkthrough and apparently if you clear CINIBAR island before MT moon it glitches.. so is there a way to play on or do i have to start all over ? :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    Liquid Crystal - Amulet Coin

Hello guys,

I am playing the Liquid Crystal, I recently beat the game and I am having troubles finding the amulet coin.

Pro. Oak says to obtain the Amulet Coin from his Aid but there are none in the game. I also checked the original area where you could find the amulet coin in crystal but still no luck.

Is there any way to obtain it or it's unobtainable because they forgot to fix it?

Years
  • Hey, could there possibly be two versions of LC in a future release: One with custom Pokémon sprites and one with the standard Fire Red sprites? Because, while I so appreciate the effort in the sprite design, I dislike a few of them and would rather have the original artwork

This is by far my favorite Pokémon hack. It is very well done. Keep it up if you are still working on it (and I really hope it is just on a hiatus, not abandoned).
    I really like the difficulty on it. It is challenging, but still pleasant to play. And mostly stable. I just wish there was less all caps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Hi guys. Someone from here told me to check out Liquid Crystal. My question is:

Does Liquid Crystal increase Kanto to its normal size from the Gen I games? One of my gripes from playing GenII is they made Kanto so much smaller and removed many key areas from Gen I (Mt Moon, Diglett's Cave, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Tower, Safari Zone, SeaFoam Islands, Power Plant, Cerulean Cave, etc)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi guys. Someone from here told me to check out Liquid Crystal. My question is:

Does Liquid Crystal increase Kanto to its normal size from the Gen I games? One of my gripes from playing GenII is they made Kanto so much smaller and removed many key areas from Gen I (Mt Moon, Diglett's Cave, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Tower, Safari Zone, SeaFoam Islands, Power Plant, Cerulean Cave, etc)

None of those places were removed from any of the official games, incluiding G/S/C/HG/SS except for the Safari Zone, which in HG/SS was relocated.

They were heavily changed, like Mt. Moon being smaller and such, but all of those places are still there.

ON: Just noticed that the Liquid Crystal Live Beta Downloads Page is down.
    Here's the .IPS from v3.3.00511, just in case.

Years
  • is there any hack where the pokemon follows u instead of being in a pokeball?

That would require large amounts of assembly that would purely be cosmetic and have little effect on gameplay. Translation: Not likely happenin'.

BTW @linkandzelda I am working on decapitalization and Gen VI type changes. I may also try to improve on some of the gym designs.

I am slowly managing to figure things out. It is a little overwhelming, but okay.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    I have been experiencing quite a lot of bugs for 3.300511. My game crashes whenever the Odd Egg is about to hatch and I can't trade in-game because it also crashes. There's also a lot of glitches for the for the gyms and gym leaders.Btw, I am currently using MyBoy version1.6.2 as my emulator.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    None of those places were removed from any of the official games, incluiding G/S/C/HG/SS except for the Safari Zone, which in HG/SS was relocated.

They were heavily changed, like Mt. Moon being smaller and such, but all of those places are still there.

ON: Just noticed that the Liquid Crystal Live Beta Downloads Page is down.
    Here's the .IPS from v3.3.00511, just in case.

Maybe you misunderstood my post when I said they were removed from the game.

In Gen II,
    Mt Moon. Diglett's Cave, Seafoam Islands, and the Power Plant were made smaller.

Rock Tunnel, Cerulean Cave, Safari Zone, and the upper floors of Pokemon Tower and SilphCo were closed off/removed from the game.

What I want to know is if this ROM Hack increases those areas that were made smaller, or brings back the removed areas into GSC.

Back