• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Mauve (UPDATE: 0.9.8.9.99b) [EN/FR]

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Bannercontour.png

Game created with: Pokémon Essentials v20.1

Game Introduction:

Welcome to the region of Ombrosia, a mysterious territory filled with challenges and adventures for Pokémon trainers. In Pokémon: Mysteries of Ombrosia, you play as a young trainer from Havenbrook, about to graduate as a Pokémon trainer.

Your goal is to explore the region of Ombrosia, unravel its mysteries, become the best trainer, and battle the criminal teams that threaten the region.

Get ready to experience unique new adventures on your trainer journey.

map-Region0.png

Game Features:

TEAMROCKET.png

• Known enemy teams included: Team Rocket, Team Aqua/Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma.
    RIVALS.png

• Rival characters: Alice, Max, and many other competitive trainers.
    PERSO.png

• Included known characters: Gardenia, Elesa, Lucian, Drayden, Alder, etc.

In-game Content:

Vignette.png

• Over 20 unique quests and more than 100 exciting missions.
    • Over 500 Pokémon to catch, including new regional forms and old regional forms.
    • Experience new Mega Evolutions.
    • Access advanced gameplay mechanics such as Terracristallization, Z-Moves, and Dynamax.
    • Over 200 hours of gameplay in slowrun mode for an extended adventure.
    • Solve puzzles inspired by the 2nd and 3rd generations.
    • Enjoy over 10 entertaining mini-games.
    • Customize EV point allocation according to your preferences.
    • Reward system tied to the Pokédex, encouraging complete exploration.
    • Use a Pokémon radar to track rare species.
    • Discover a reinvented and optimized Pokégear to facilitate your adventure.
    • Obtain and challenge the 16 gym badges to qualify for the Pokémon League.
    • Experience three different life periods in the Pokémon world, each with its own challenges and opportunities.
    • Become the Pokémon League Champion, the highest honor for a Pokémon trainer.
    • Challenge and win the title of Champion in your own city.
    • Play as the Pokémon Professor and uncover the secrets of a new region.
    • Participate in trials related to the mysterious Battle Island.
    • Enjoy the company of your own companion Pokémon.
    • Take part in unique contests and showcase your coordination skills.
    • And many more surprises to discover!

HEROS.png

Immerse yourself in a captivating story, explore the region of Ombrosia, and become the legendary hero who will save the region from dark forces. Meet unforgettable characters, capture powerful Pokémon, and prove your worth as an outstanding trainer. Are you ready to take on the challenge and uncover the Mysteries of Ombrosia?

Crédit:
    Spoiler:

BETA IS OUT !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    will there be an encounter chart and outfit system

Greetings,

Thank you for the information regarding encounters and the clothing system in your project. It's reassuring to know that a radar will be available from the start of the game, which will facilitate encounters with different Pokémon.

Regarding the clothing system, it's interesting to note that events will be organized at certain in-game periods, allowing our character to change outfits occasionally. This adds an additional visual dimension to the game and will allow players to feel more immersed in the game's universe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    it could be cool if you could get an apprentice(s) in the post game and maybe a quest log and maybe have an option where the time can be unreal will there be buyable buildings and will there be romance i like romance a lot but if not it is fine even if there is not i will still play it and can you be both a Pokémon professor and champion and i kind of hope you can give out starters in the post couldn't you make outfits quest based like you get and outfit for becoming champion and professor and hopefully the post game will be long

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    it could be cool if you could get an apprentice(s) in the post game and maybe a quest log and maybe have an option where the time can be unreal will there be buyable buildings and will there be romance i like romance a lot but if not it is fine even if there is not i will still play it and can you be both a Pokémon professor and champion and i kind of hope you can give out starters in the post couldn't you make outfits quest based like you get and outfit for becoming champion and professor and hopefully the post game will be long

Regarding apprentices, yes, it will be possible to have them, even as an Arena Champion. You'll have the opportunity to build your own village during your champion/professor period. The romantic aspect will be present but won't be the central focus of the game, at least not in version 1.2. You won't be able to play both the role of a champion and a professor simultaneously. You can consider the professor role as a kind of pre-retirement. Outfits will be periodically awarded.

Currently, it will take approximately 30 to 40 hours to complete all the quests if you progress well. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback once you've played the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    it would be nice to have apprentices for each role you get more if your champion it would be cool if the protagonist can open there own school regardless of being champion or professor and i think your rival or rivals should become the other career you don't choose but could you add in a threat in the postgame regardless but being champion or professor should both have there own perks and i like long games like this and could you put in an item that could help getting encounters easier but this game seems cool i always wanted a fangame game like this

Last edited:
    Years
  • Screenshots and download link? Seriously how can people know if the game is worth their time if there are no screenshots showcasing gameplay? smh.

EDIT: So I downloaded the game from Relic Castle, and honestly, this game offered me one of the worse first impressions in a fan game in a while. First off, the first launch time, it takes a while to load compared to most fan games and almost made me lose interest due to how long it took, and the game isn't even the largest in terms of file size. Second is the atrocious way of implementing a hard difficulty, and this games makes Dark Rising look ethical difficulty wise. Now I have multitudes of experience in Pokemon, from Showdown to playing hacks and fan games like Radical Red HC or Rejuvenation Intense. I got to say that this is the worse game I've played in the difficulty side as it was the laziest and uninspired way of making a game difficult, to the point that it's laughable. I am literally in shock that the AI will always be 10 levels ahead of you in master mode, now this wouldn't be a problem if its not the early game but it is, in fact its on the very first trainer and in the very first route. Now Idk if you have any knowledge when it comes to team building or any difficulty hack staples in terms of the battles and such, but idk, from what I've noticed in seems that you're clueless on how to make a proper hard mode. It made me drop the game after just 15 mins of playing. Seriously I don't recommend this game if you're trying to play in the highest difficulty, because the main dev is just not knowledgeable enough on how to make an actual hard mode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Don't take what people said too heart. It's quite enjoyable. There some issues but you can fix it slowly and take your time so you don't lose motivation 👍🏻😊

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Screenshots and download link? Seriously how can people know if the game is worth their time if there are no screenshots showcasing gameplay? smh.

EDIT: So I downloaded the game from Relic Castle, and honestly, this game offered me one of the worse first impressions in a fan game in a while. First off, the first launch time, it takes a while to load compared to most fan games and almost made me lose interest due to how long it took, and the game isn't even the largest in terms of file size. Second is the atrocious way of implementing a hard difficulty, and this games makes Dark Rising look ethical difficulty wise. Now I have multitudes of experience in Pokemon, from Showdown to playing hacks and fan games like Radical Red HC or Rejuvenation Intense. I got to say that this is the worse game I've played in the difficulty side as it was the laziest and uninspired way of making a game difficult, to the point that it's laughable. I am literally in shock that the AI will always be 10 levels ahead of you in master mode, now this wouldn't be a problem if its not the early game but it is, in fact its on the very first trainer and in the very first route. Now Idk if you have any knowledge when it comes to team building or any difficulty hack staples in terms of the battles and such, but idk, from what I've noticed in seems that you're clueless on how to make a proper hard mode. It made me drop the game after just 15 mins of playing. Seriously I don't recommend this game if you're trying to play in the highest difficulty, because the main dev is just not knowledgeable enough on how to make an actual hard mode.

I apologize that the difficulty mode does not meet your usual standards. I am currently working on adjusting the overall difficulty of the game (the mode implemented in the Beta is simply in Beta mode, so please don't worry, it will be changed for V1.0).

Regarding the game's launch, I am also working on optimizing everything, but since it's my first experience with essentials, I am not yet familiar with the best methods to optimize everything. I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I appreciate your feedback.

If the difficulty system is causing you a lot of discomfort, the Champion or Trainer mode might be more suitable for a classic adventure. You can change the difficulty at any time from the Pokémon Center.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Don't take what people said too heart. It's quite enjoyable. There some issues but you can fix it slowly and take your time so you don't lose motivation 👍🏻😊

Thank you very much for your support. I am actively working on the project, and messages like these encourage me greatly.
    I am fully committed to making the game more enjoyable in the upcoming versions, hoping that you will like V1.0.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    it not starting up since i was able to snap it that easily is there missing files

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      8 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    thanks for telling me is there a way to skip text and cool starter trio elekid azurill and magby and i found a bug

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      32.7 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    Hey, that's a known bug. When you have quests that you haven't viewed yet and save, the game closes. Saving still works; way to get around this is to make sure you view all of the quests in the log so that saving doesn't close the game on you.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Some notes about stuff that are still in French even when choosing to play in English:

1) After I selected that I am a boy at the start, when she asks me to tell her my name, it's in French still.
    2) The name of the achievement screen and the achievements' details are all still in French.
    3) After going downstairs in my house for the first time, some of the dialogue from the player character's mother is still in French.
    4) After you and your neighbor choose your first Pokémon, some of Valentine's dialogue is still in French.
    5) Names and details of quests appear to still be in French.

There are a lot of other examples, but all in all, there are A LOT of things that still need to be translated for the English version of the game.

Last edited:
    Back