• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
  • I personally dislike the stat experience system and how it's nearly unfeasible to max out your stats since the number (65535) is much too high unless you cheat and generate a bunch of mews or celebis so you can just get 100s easy.

EVs would certainly be welcome by me, I'd prefer the 510 limit but if no berries to reduce stats are available then I'd say no limit.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I personally dislike the stat experience system and how it's nearly unfeasible to max out your stats since the number (65535) is much too high unless you cheat and generate a bunch of mews or celebis so you can just get 100s easy.

Good point. Getting 3 EVs (not unusual for final evolutions) is like battling a 768-BST Pokémon—stronger than Arceus.

I'll definitely include a way to reset EVs, and ways to gain them quickly.

Years
  • If you play the game normally, your Pokémon will probably have evenly-distributed EVs, which translates to "all its stats are increased a little bit".

I'll be fine with those asseverations. :)
    Natures raise one stat by 10% and lower one by 10%. Polished Crystal indicates this with arrows on the stat screen. (RSE had no in-game indicator, and modern games use red and blue colors which I always get mixed up.) Again, if you're just battling the in-game AI they won't matter too much. Still, if you catch something like a Modest Alakazam (Attack Sp.Atk) then that's much better than an Adamant one (Attack Sp.Atk).

Yeah, I noticed that (which is very useful for people like me :)). I picked an Adamant Totodile, which I think it's the best option, then I wanted a Modest Mareep, but I got a Timid, it had terrible stats, instead, I kept a Quirky one, and it has flawless Speed. {XD}

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Hello Pokemaniacs Collegues!! :)

First of all i apologize for this, maybe it does not come to the topic, but:
    -What do you think about these teams for the Elite Four and Red?

Will:
    Hypno (Zen headbutt,hypnosis,Thunder punch,ice punch)
    Jynx (Lovely kiss,dream eater,ice beam,focus blast)
    Exeggutor (Energy ball,sleep powder,psychic,ancientpower)
    Slowking/slowbro (surf,psychic,thunder,fire blast)
    Alakazam (Psychic,shadow ball,focus blast,recover)
    Xatu (Air slash,shandow ball,psychic,confuse ray)

Koga:
    Venomoth (Bug buzz,sludge bomb,giga drain,psychic/toxic)
    Forretress (Toxic,protec,spikes,double edge)
    Tentacruel (Sludge bomb,scald,ice beam,swagger)
    Muk (Gunk shot,body slam,ice punch,minimize)
    Nidoking (Earthquake,gunk shot/poison jab,megahorn,thunder punch)
    Crobat (Air slash/fly,sluge bomb/gunk shot,x-scissors,crunch)

Bruno:
    Hitmontop (High-jump kick,dig/eartquake,bullet punch,bulk up)
    Hitmonlee (High-jum kick,eartquake,rock slide,mega kick/return*) *Just if is alredy fixed the happiness
    Hitmonchan (Thunder punch,fire punch, ice punch,match punch/dynamic punch)
    Heracross (Megahorn,earquake,rock slide,submission)
    Steelix (earthquake,stone edge,crunch,iron tail)
    Machamp (Cross chop,earthquake,stone edge,seismic toss/elemental punch*) Any choice (fire-thunder-ice punch)

Karen
    Umbreon (Feint attack,moon light,confuse ray,curse/mud-slap)
    Gengar (Shadow ball,thunderbolt,sludge bomb, giga drain/psychic)
    Honchkrow (Night slash,drill peck,steel wing,thunder wave/confuse ray)
    Mismagius (Energy ball,shadow ball,thunderbolt,nasty plot/calm mind)
    Houndoom (Dark pulse,flamethrower/fireblast,nasty plot,sludge bomb/thunder fang)
    Tyranitar (Crunch, stone edge/rock slide,earthquake,aerial ace/outrage/dragon dance)

Lance:
    Gyarados (Dragon dance, earthquake,aqua tail/waterfall,ice fang)
    Ampharos (Thunder/thunderbolt, Powergem,focus blast,dragon pulse)
    Kingdra (Hydro pump,ice beam,dragon pulse,hyper beam)
    Charizard (Fire blast,earh power,air slash,dragon pulse)
    Aerodactyl (Crunch,rock slide,earthquake,fly)
    Dragonite (Outrage,fire punch,earthquake,aerial ace/dragon dance) With a persim berry attached

Red (Traditional Version):
    Pikachu (Thunder,iron tail,surf,return*) With Light Ball attached and Max happiness
    Lapras (Blizzard,psychic,surf,thunder)
    Snorlax (Body slam,earthquake,rock slide,Crunch)
    Venusaur (Giga drain,sludge bomb,earthquake,sleep powder)
    Blastoise (Hydro pump,ice beam,earthquake,mirror coat/focus blast)
    Charizard (Fire blast,air slash,dragon pulse,rock slide)

Red ("Like a Boss" Version):
    Snorlax (Body slam,earthquake,crunch,rock slide)
    Articuno (Blizzard,hurricane,water pulse,reflect)
    Moltres (Fire blast,air slash,solar beam,sunny day)
    Zapdos (Thunder,drill peck,extrasensory,light screen)
    Mew (Psychic,aura sphere,shadow ball,softboiled)
    Mewtwo (Psystrike,aura sphere,thunder,recover)

All this because i'm hacking Pkm Black/White2 to include some
    trainers with these teams in honor of the second generation, and
    basically i just want a few more opinions about this besides mine :2:

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    So Ledian's official learnset also lacks physical Bug moves, but it could learn U-Turn via TM. A couple of ideas:

• Change an attack from Normal to Bug, perhaps Fury Attack (or False Swipe).
    • Replace Fury Cutter with U-Turn.

Those two changes can complement each other, since Bug-type Fury Attack would be a good substitute for Fury Cutter in learnsets. What do y'all think? Are there better alternatives? Would Fury Cutter be missed? As the counterpart to Fury Attack, should Fury Swipes be retyped (and to what)?

How about changing Cut to Bug instead of steel? So far as I can tell, all Steel types already get some decent moves like Iron Head, Bullet Punch, Iron Tail etc. Changing Cut to Bug type and allowing Ledian and Pineco / Forry to learn the move would be okay IMO.

I know Cut doesn't really suit their look, but then again it's a HM so it doesn't matter much. Oddish can learn the move too for no apparent reason, and mad stuff like Rhydon getting Surf, Golurk getting Fly etc. is common with HMs.

Hello Pokemaniacs Collegues!! :) ...

This is the thread for someone else's specific hack, and is not the place to ask for help / advice on your own hack. Go and create your own thread with approval from a moderator, and ask the question there - or go to this forum: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The Bag now has six pockets, with separate ones for Medicine and Berries:

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

You can carry 25 generic items, 20 medicines, 16 Balls (one of each), and 17 Berries (one of each). The PC holds another 20 items. I might get rid of the PC and let you carry 45 items.

uchihamadada

Years
  • The Bag now has six pockets, with separate ones for Medicine and Berries:

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

You can carry 25 generic items, 20 medicines, 16 Balls (one of each), and 17 Berries (one of each). The PC holds another 20 items. I might get rid of the PC and let you carry 45 items.

Hell Yeah Rangi!! this is definitely the best hack that i've ever played before!! and you still have things to add. You're the best...i really really like the new bag and pc storage sistem :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I'm trying to pick up a TM in the light house, but it says my bag is fill. I got rid of some items deposited some hm's and still get the same thing that I'm full.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    I think a good option to go for at some point is to increase the max amount of phone numbers you can have. HG/SS allowed you to collect every phone number in the game to cite a good example, but I dunno if you can allocate enough game memory to pull that off so I figure I'd suggest only like double the numbers you can already hold, or perhaps 50% more numbers.

uchihamadada

Years
  • Hi Rangi, i want to report a malfunctin of the move "Hail", apparently instead of increasing the defense mentioned in 50% it lowers the defense perhaps in 200%, let me show you what i mean, i noticed that when i`m trying to catch Articuno...

In First image, I was alredy attack him with Drill peck (he never did Reflect), it almost down his HP bar in 1/4...and afther that Articuno used Hail.

In second and third one, i repeat the move Drill peck (not critical hit), and basically almost defeat him, the damage that Drill peck did was maybe a litlle bit more than the double.

Attachments

• Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)
      Pokemon Polished Crystal-102.png
      3.9 KB · Views: 3
      Pokemon Polished Crystal-103.png
      3.4 KB · Views: 2
      Pokemon Polished Crystal-104.png
      3.6 KB · Views: 3
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'm trying to pick up a TM in the light house, but it says my bag is fill. I got rid of some items deposited some hm's and still get the same thing that I'm full.

Can you send me your save file? You're using 2.2.0, right?

I think a good option to go for at some point is to increase the max amount of phone numbers you can have. HG/SS allowed you to collect every phone number in the game to cite a good example, but I dunno if you can allocate enough game memory to pull that off so I figure I'd suggest only like double the numbers you can already hold, or perhaps 50% more numbers.

You're right, 10 is very few. Looks like there's enough free space in RAM to do this.
    Edit: done.

In HGSS is possible to delete Lyra's Pokégear Number? In PPC she can be deleted.

I think it is.

Edit:

Hi Rangi, i want to report a malfunctin of the move "Hail", apparently instead of increasing the defense mentioned in 50% it lowers the defense perhaps in 200%, let me show you what i mean, i noticed that when i`m trying to catch Articuno...

In First image, I was alredy attack him with Drill peck (he never did Reflect), it almost down his HP bar in 1/4...and afther that Articuno used Hail.

In second and third one, i repeat the move Drill peck (not critical hit), and basically almost defeat him, the damage that Drill peck did was maybe a litlle bit more than the double.

Thank you! I've fixed this, as well as some other inconsistencies between how player damage and enemy damage is calculated.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Years
  • Thank you! I've fixed this, as well as some other inconsistencies between how player damage and enemy damage is calculated.

You're welcome Rangi! It is a pleasure to collaborate to make this hack something even better than already is! If I find sometthing else i'll let you know it :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    wow sweet, thats great! Glad my idea worked. Now if only rematches could be made more frequent, I almost never get phone calls from anyone.

Back