• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    Yeah it's pretty impressive how Swellow manages with perfect IVs, EVs, Nature, (Ability doesn't count since it's Scrappy to hit Ghost types), Held Item to one shot my pokemon 95% of the time when the calculator says it has 18% ...
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

I would have guessed its Ability is randomized, but it isn't since each time I sent out my Gengar and of course he gets one shot as well lol

Did Swellow get some stealth base stat buffs or wtf ?

Oh, and I'm not even gonna talk about how he also outspeeds me after one Dragon Dance the rare times I manage to survive lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

You came to the conclusion that Swellow definitely has Scrappy over Aerilate simply because it hit your Ghost type. But, the fact that Boomburst hit your Ghost type does not rule out the possibility that it could have Aerilate.

I didn't want to spell it out for you because I thought my reply made it obvious enough. there's also a Google Drive of all Base Stat changes, by the way, if you'd like to take a look

Last edited:

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    You came to the conclusion that Swellow definitely has Scrappy over Aerilate simply because it hit your Ghost type. But, the fact that Boomburst hit your Ghost type does not rule out the possibility that it could have Aerilate.

Forgive me, the lack of sleep at that time made me forget Aerilate shifts Normal-type moves into Flying-type moves... 😱

Yeah, I got all the docs already. They're pretty thorough and neat, thanks for compiling them up!!

On that matter, a couple of HM/TM are currently missing (compared to a generic gen VII game I mean). Do you have any plans to make them obtainable in the future?

Was Waterfall replaced by Water Fang by the way?

Since this romhack seems to be majorly based on Gen VII learnsets, I was looking at a couple of pokemon to breed and discovered some have moves they only learn in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.
    Like Alolan Sandslash learning Ice Shard only in LGP/E and not in Moon/Sun/Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun.
    Is there any plan to update those learnsets to match Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee or are you dependent on CFRU and DPE?

In any case, it's fun getting pwned in a romhack, it's the first time that happens to me lol

Years
  • Forgive me, the lack of sleep at that time made me forget Aerilate shifts Normal-type moves into Flying-type moves... 😱

Yeah, I got all the docs already. They're pretty thorough and neat, thanks for compiling them up!!

On that matter, a couple of HM/TM are currently missing (compared to a generic gen VII game I mean). Do you have any plans to make them obtainable in the future?

Was Waterfall replaced by Water Fang by the way?

Since this romhack seems to be majorly based on Gen VII learnsets, I was looking at a couple of pokemon to breed and discovered some have moves they only learn in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.
    Like Alolan Sandslash learning Ice Shard only in LGP/E and not in Moon/Sun/Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun.
    Is there any plan to update those learnsets to match Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee or are you dependent on CFRU and DPE?

In any case, it's fun getting pwned in a romhack, it's the first time that happens to me lol

waterfall was not replaced by aqua fang, i can add the hm next patch as well. and i will also do the sandshrew change :) More TMs are coming as well, yes.
    If you can find all notable moves included in Let's Go PIkachu and let me know I will gladly add them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    I have to admit that this hack is one of the coolest and most replayable I've tried, you did an amazing job bro. I was wondering if you could implement a nuzlocke mode once the option menu gets fixed, just like polished crystal or nameless fire red project, I would play the hell out of it

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    New question:
    I'm trying to get a Leek (Stick ) from wild Farfetch'd encountered on Route 24...

I'm at 20 or so encountered, about half captured, the other half I then Thief'd with a lead Butterfree who has Compound Eyes which should raise the probability for wild pokemon to hold items from 50/5% to 60/20%...

Either I am very very unlucky, either the Compound Eyes isn't applying its effect, either Farfetch'd isn't programmed to hold Leek/Stick ?
    Just checking.
    Cheers

---------------------
    EDIT:
    Got it after the 30th or so try.
    Time to have some fun with the crazy leek duck now 😁
    ---------------------
    EDIT2:
    So I'm going against Brandon in Fuschia City...
    I'm wondering how his Lv62 Medicham (Base Speed:80) can outspeed my Lv68 Timid (+Speed,-ATK) Gengar (Base Speed:110) with a hundred and more EVs in Speed to boot.
    It didn't play any Quick Claw animation, Medicham's Base Speed wasn't buffed per change log notes either. He doesn't have any particular Ability that would allow a +1 priority nor did it use a priority move (it was Psycho Cut), nor did Gengar use a decreased priority move.
    Gengar is holding an Expert Belt, which increases Super Effective moves' damage. It shouldn't halve his speed unlike Power items, am I wrong?
    Weird.
    I swear I slept this morning lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Choice_Scarf

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    This is ultimately my favorite rom hack of this year, kudos man! One thing though, is Combee for sure avaliable in Viridian Forest? I've played through 3 times already and I never have luck, and I have checked at multiple different times both day and night.

Years
  • This is ultimately my favorite rom hack of this year, kudos man! One thing though, is Combee for sure avaliable in Viridian Forest? I've played through 3 times already and I never have luck, and I have checked at multiple different times both day and night.

you are correct, it appears combee is not actually in viridian forest. will fix for 2.0! Appreciate the love :)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Some little sneak previews of 2.0:
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

i have a question what was easier to use ? Leon's CFRU and DPE or the Original one u used (btw the screenies looks good can't wait)
    also my friend did a vid about it looks cool

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • When you say this game "will not work on real hardware", does that include real GBAs themselves? It's an obvious dealbreaker if a GBA hack can't be played on GBA, considering it'll break emulation at some undetermined future point.

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    Bug report:
    I was on Route 20, got a random double wild encounter (I activated it with the NPC in Fuschia City), clicked "Flee" button, and then got in an infinite loop of
    "There is no PP left for this move!"
    Had to force restart the emulator, losing a good hour or two of progress >_<

I had Rotom-Wash in second position with 0 PP left in Thunderbolt in his first move, but I only pressed Flee at the start of battle so yeah..
    -----------
    EDIT:
    This bug happens again, under the same circonstances.
    Go in a wild double battle, with a pokemon in 2nd position with 0 PP left in his first move, and when using "Flee"

Interestingly, if I put Rotom-Wash's Thunderbolt with 0 PP left in any other position than its first move, then this bug does not happen 0_0

--------------------
    EDIT2:
    Another bug:
    Farfetch'd is holding Leak Stick, which boosts his Critical ratio by +2
    His Hidden Ability Blademaster also boosts select moves' Critical ratio by +1, notably Sacred Sword
    I just made him use Sacred Sword against Leader Jasmine's Melmetal in Cinnabar's Lab and it didn't crit 0_0
    I checked and Melmetal shouldn't have any ability preventing crits, especially since you made him have Clear Body (prevents lowering of stats) now.
    Not sure if there is an held item that would prevent crits either

-> Also happened vs Steelix.
    I guess you either didn't program the +2 crit ratio to Leak Stick, the +1 to Blademaster or forgot to make Sacred Sword eligible, OR that this game's engine needs +4 instead of +3 for 100% crit chance ?

EDIT:
    Found it in patch notes, too bad that renders the Leak Duck much less awesome/broken, but it's still worth I guess with Drill Peck & Leaf Blade
    Leek Stick gives Farfetch'd +1 crit rate instead of +2

Last edited:
    Back