• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm kind of curious why there's banned moves and why so many of them. The odd thing is that Hone Claws is on the list, but I have a Galarian Meowth that has that move and was using that move when I caught it.

Banned moves were introduced as a feature exclusive to Hardcore and Restricted modes to handicap player's tactical options. Certain moves may be not completely removed, but made only available to "less viable" Pokémon.

Normal mode doesn't ban any move/ability, unless they changed that in the new version.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I am not referring to banned moves- that's only on Harcore or Restricted mode, and I'm not playing those. I was talking specifically about lack of Spikes TM, which is technically on TM list but nowhere in the overworld. Psyshock was similarly unavailable before 4.0(it was given out by Sabrina in Hardcore mode only, with no way of getting it in Standard mode) but they put it in one of the tunnels under Saffron in 4.0.

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Banned moves were introduced as a feature exclusive to Hardcore and Restricted modes to handicap player's tactical options.

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. That explains the Hone Claws on my Meowth.

I was talking specifically about lack of Spikes TM, which is technically on TM list but nowhere in the overworld.

I dug through some documents, and you're right. The TM for Spikes is no where in the overworld. That's kind of a bummer.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Im wondering where i can find grubbin in version 4.0, I've been running around viridian forest for 30 real world minutes while the game is sped up but haven't found one yet. I remember it being there in an earlier version is that still the case with this update.

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Im wondering where i can find grubbin in version 4.0, I've been running around viridian forest for 30 real world minutes while the game is sped up but haven't found one yet. I remember it being there in an earlier version is that still the case with this update.

It's a 4% chance at night in Viridian Forest for the Grubbin.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. That explains the Hone Claws on my Meowth.

I dug through some documents, and you're right. The TM for Spikes is no where in the overworld. That's kind of a bummer.

Ok, but doesn't the doc say unobtainable next to the where the Spikes TM is? That should tell that while it's planned for the game, it's not obtainable yet. If it were obtainable it would have the actual location instead.

Locoflyer

HazyWonderAlice
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    OK so 4.0 is really good but the mandatory gym refights are fucking stupid. PLEASE remove this in either the next update or at the most the next major one. All it is is padding the game and making it all in all less fun

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Ok, but doesn't the doc say unobtainable next to the where the Spikes TM is? That should tell that while it's planned for the game, it's not obtainable yet. If it were obtainable it would have the actual location instead.

It actually says Cannot be found by Spikes, Nature, Sky Drop, Brutal Swing, Hone Claws, Hyper Beam, and Aurora Veil. That kind of sucks, because I use Hone Claws quite a bit. It seems like the Move Tutors also don't allow you to learn these moves either.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Possible suggestion for next/future update- After either beating Silpho Co/Giovanni/Elite 4, a Team Star NPC shows up somewhere and allows you to change a Revaroom to one of the five Starmobile versions (once per day).

Days
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    is pokemon radical red going to add all 1020 pokemon and all missing unobtainable pokemon and separated Regional Variants Alolan form Galarian form Hisuian form and Paldean forms and pokedex info in the future?

Days
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    is pokemon radical red going to add all 1020 pokemon and all missing unobtainable pokemon and separated Regional Variants Alolan form Galarian form Hisuian form and Paldean forms and all regions in the future? Thanks.

Days
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    I had alot of fun playing this romhack. However, there is one massive problem imo: The trainers inbetween the bosses, which are all mindless oneshots if you hit the level cap or have a team of six pokemon. Like what's the point of those?
    You spend most of your time grinding them mindlessly. It would be perfect if there was an option to make those encounters more interesting or difficult.

Days
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    do you intend to put the exclusive moves of pokémon from gen 9 and also the abilities of the paradox?

Years
  • is pokemon radical red going to add all 1020 pokemon and all missing unobtainable pokemon and separated Regional Variants Alolan form Galarian form Hisuian form and Paldean forms and pokedex info in the future?

The game already contains all mons up to Gen 9. That contains all regional variants, even Seviian ones exclusive to this hack. There may be some unobtainable ones too; check the documentation at the first page. The unobtainable mons may be obtainable monthly via Mystery Gifts; for more information, again, check the documentations.

do you intend to put the exclusive moves of pokémon from gen 9 and also the abilities of the paradox?

The exclusive moves of the starters like Aqua Step, Torch Song, Flower Trick, and the Paradox mons' abilities (Protosynthesis and Quark Drive) are all there and fully functional.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2023
    It would be awesome if you could add a feature that lets you pick any Pokémon as your starter. I know that would probably be difficult. But I want to do a run of single type teams, but I would love to be able to pick my starter.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Is there a way to edit Pokemon moveset? I wanted a full trap set on my Glimmora and now I notice that it only learns Spikes through TM, which remains unobtainable in 4.0.
    Plus Mortal Spin attacks only one opposing Pokemon in Double Battles instead of both.

It must be with a reason because by adding the Spikes TM via codes works fine, i have not noticed any bugs with it or it being overpowered or anything.
    But I cant give the code, got perma banned from their discord long ago when sharing the code for Kubfu. (when it was unavailable ingame at that time)

Back