• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Two quick questions (possibly bugs?):
    First of all, sorry to not be able to join the Discord server, it's out of the realm of possibility right now.

So, I was fighting in the Battle Circus in the Random Multi Battle (with incredibly bad luck :/ ). I encountered a Clamperl with Rattled, flung a Snowball at it (guaranteed freeze) and it didn't freeze. Iirc, it wasn't during sunlight.

In another battle there, I set up two stacks of Toxic Spikes (to badly poison). Then I used Stealth Rock.
    Then my partner AI knocked out the opponent and my Toxic (not Toxic Spikes) failed, which would be normal.
    However, when the next opponent (Dodrio) switched in, it was hurt by Stealth Rock, but it didn't get poisoned.
    It seems like my failed Toxic overwrote the effect of Toxic Spikes and it's a bug, or I'm missing something.

To be clear, I didn't pay perfect attention, but nothing seemed off otherwise.

Years
  • Suggestion: Since you rarely ever want to keep the item you just stole on the pokemon who stole it, add a prompt after a wild pokemon battle where you used thief or covet to steal an item to remove that item from your pokemon.

"Combee has been defeated! Your Raticate stole a Honey from the Combee.

Received 12 exp.

*Battle ends*

Would you like to remove the stolen item from Raticate?

>Yes
    >No"

Edit: Or just put item in bag automatically after battle, but i feel like the option is better in general

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    How can I have rematches with gym leaders postgame?

There is a double battle option? Like the option for inverse battles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    I have tons of respect for everyone who has worked on this game. I'm glad to have been born in this day and age and this rom hack is one of the major reasons for it. Thank you devs.

I'm currently in Fallshore city and eagerly waiting for the whole story to unfold.

I wanted to evolve my Roselia where can I find a shiny Stone?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I have tons of respect for everyone who has worked on this game. I'm glad to have been born in this day and age and this rom hack is one of the major reasons for it. Thank you devs.

I'm currently in Fallshore city and eagerly waiting for the whole story to unfold.

I wanted to evolve my Roselia where can I find a shiny Stone?

In the route before the cave before flying gym city, there's a hidden shiny stone

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    I'm using Visual Boy Advance on the PC to emulate this game, and I wanted to use a cheat to capture trainers' pokemons. However, even when I press L and R ( in my case I and O) and throw my pokeball, the trainer would still smack it away like usual.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    I'm using Visual Boy Advance on the PC to emulate this game, and I wanted to use a cheat to capture trainers' pokemons. However, even when I press L and R ( in my case I and O) and throw my pokeball, the trainer would still smack it away like usual.

Hey! I use Visual Boy Advance also! Use this cheat
    =================
    4D83B1BF E0F5F507
    8E883EFF 92E9660D
    B6C5368A 08BE8FF4
    90B4977C C0151DC2
    =================
    with GameShark Advance as the setting and see if the LR will work for you then. If not, be sure to check if you have "Tools > Cheats > Enabled cheats" set to be on. I know it's silly, but I've made that mistake numerous times before. Also, some pokemon cannot be captured from trainers or in some cases, plot related encounters. Good luck and cheers!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    Hey! I use Visual Boy Advance also! Use this cheat
    =================
    4D83B1BF E0F5F507
    8E883EFF 92E9660D
    B6C5368A 08BE8FF4
    90B4977C C0151DC2
    =================
    with GameShark Advance as the setting and see if the LR will work for you then. If not, be sure to check if you have "Tools > Cheats > Enabled cheats" set to be on. I know it's silly, but I've made that mistake numerous times before. Also, some pokemon cannot be captured from trainers or in some cases, plot related encounters. Good luck and cheers!

Thanks! I'll be sure to try it out later.

Maplekiwi

AKA Mina
    Years
  • I don't know if this is the correct version you're talking about (it's been a month or so since I last touched Unbound), but there were Raid dens in hidden grottos scattered throughout the region.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I struggled with this fight so much I felt obligated to do a little write up now that I beat it. This was probably the most difficult fight I've ever played in any Pokemon rom hack and I really really enjoyed it. Hats off to the devs. The concept of going into a double battle with an AI, but the enemies hard targets the AI so you have to win a double battle on your own was very cool.

Insane difficulty Jax Cinder Volcano Double Battle (Story event thing)

Gabite
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Level: 30
    Jolly Nature
    - Dual Chop
    - Sand Attack
    - Sand Tomb
    - Fire Fang

Araquanid @ Oran Berry
    Ability: Water Bubble
    Level: 29
    Timid Nature
    - Bubble Beam
    - Spider Web
    - Bug Bite
    - Aqua Ring

Slowpoke
    Ability: Oblivious
    Level: 29
    Hardy Nature
    - Water Pulse
    - Disable
    - Yawn
    - Confusion

The basic idea is to target the right side enemies until you beat them all then focus on the left side. Start with Slowpoke, try to 2 hit the Krokrok with Water Pulse. Try to save the allie's Golett so it can get in a Shadow Punch on Woobat. Save Araquanid for Shiftry, save Slowpoke for Hitmonchan, try to make sure that Gabite doesn't get burned by Sableye. For Hitmonchan, I had to get a Yawn off and switch to Gabite, then just hope he doesn't wake up. Took me many hours.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Is there a way to edit the shiny rate using Hex Maniac? I asked in the discord and got responses about how it was 'cringe' and how i shouldn't cheat to know the "hardship and satisfaction" of a shiny... 😬 I assume it wouldn't be a problem in a single-player romhack... 😄

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Is there another way to get glameow ? . I talked to the man in billin city and unfortunately got a skroupi . I am trying to complete the dex 😁

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    I just downloaded OpenEmu and this is my first time, where can I download this game and how? Also I messed up my username >.< It should be Dubgrant not (Dubgranr) also I'm using a MacBook Air as well :o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    So I'm stuck at the Fallshore gym. I hate inverse battles now. Any Pokémon I can catch that learns a lot of ghost type moves that isn't a ghost type? I keep getting my butt handed to me on a silver platter

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Yes, it may be a classic Pokemon story, but the way it's presented is really detailed and unique, in my opinion - it's not cliche, it's very well written, with a lot of attention paid to characters (that actually makes you think about those characters and care for what happens to them), and thus the world rather alive and believable. And yes, the graphical presentation is top notch for a GBA hack - bigger sprites and diverse tilesets make Unbound the most beautiful ROM hack I personally played to date.

I've searching the best words to describe Unbound for quite a while, and I found this. I recommended Skeli or other developers to add all of this comment in the main page as "Other Player's Experience"
    Congratulations young trainer, you deserve more likes :).

Last edited:
    Back