• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"PokéPark Wii - Pikachu's Big Adventure" - headed for hell, Pikachu?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Apparently leaked from a reliable source, so this is probably it.

Wonder what the gameplay will be like, although I can't say it exactly excites myself all that much at the moment, but there's pretty little to judge upon so far. If it involves maiming or hurling Pikachu at fourth walls, then maybe. =P

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    This (unforunately) is probably real. >> What the hell? Are we ever gonna get another Battle Arena game? If we do, when?

If it involves maiming or hurling Pikachu at fourth walls, then maybe. =P
    YES.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I wouldn't be surprised if this were a type of hey you Pikachu/channel thing. It's probably most likely what it is.

Though that inner child of me seems to be hoping it's a 3D platformer in the sense of mario for some strange reason which I know is wishful thinking but I can't help thinking that at the moment.

We don't know much about this game do we?

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    Hmm.
    I heard it was an action/adventure game.

And a lot of other stuff.

Spoiler:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Blech, I am not getting this whe it comes to the states, Hey you Pikachu/Channel was enough, SoulSilver for me this spring, if it's one of those Hey You Pikachu/Channel type games (what's that genre called anyways), I am not buying it, but if it's one of those platformers or better yet, RPGs, I will definetly buy this, as it would sound good

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Great, another way for people to make fun of the Pokemon fans, and this one's really bad since Pikachu is right in the title. This almost makes me happy that I don't have a Wii.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Wait, wait, STOP THE PRESSES!

You mean this is going to be just another title involving that over-hyped, seizure-causing, bright-yellow rat that was made a special item just to give it an excuse to use in competitive battling as the main character!?!

Well, I guess that's where the missing mini-game half of PBR went...Oh well, maybe next time... -_-

*Tosses Pikachu plushie out of the window*

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Noooooooo !
    Nintendo's really killing us ? They want us to love that thing ?
    It has below 200 HP in-game at Lv. 100 , and it is an Electric-Rat-Ratatta-Driven .
    It makes me love I don't own a Wii .

PS : Can't wait for Pokemon Rumble ! My friend will get it and borrow it to me , (its Wii too :D ) and it'll be mine for a_whole_month !!!

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    What?! The game's main character is that ugly rat of a Pokemon? This is upsetting. We another stadium game!

DarkPikaMan

Dah Koolest Guy Evah! LOLZEEZ!
    Years
    Hey wait a sec why are you all treating it like it's going to be bad no matter what? we don't have any details on it apart from the title, the fact minigames are going to be in it and you use other pokemon to help and that you play as pikachu. it might be alright and be a proper adventure it's too early to be giving opinions on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were a type of hey you Pikachu/channel thing. It's probably most likely what it is.

Though that inner child of me seems to be hoping it's a 3D platformer in the sense of mario for some strange reason which I know is wishful thinking but I can't help thinking that at the moment.

We don't know much about this game do we?

It'd be good if it was a 3d platformer like mario sunshines pinna park but a lot bigger and with boss pokemon like gyarados and gengar which have something different that you have to do (like zelda) and the minigames just bonuses we can but hope (please be like this, please be like this) if not i'll send this as an idea to nintendo japan (if i can get their email address) and hope they make it.

Last edited:

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    Might get it, Probably not though. Sigh, Still waiting on a Colosseum.

yeah same. although, when i think about it, the little kid in me wants to get the game as soon as it comes to the states. but the older hardcore gamer thinks 'nah its just another kids game'.
    it frustrating.
    but yeah i would love to throw the wii remote around the room and seeing pikachu go bashing into walls like a complete retard!

Years
    Lol, no-one has anything good to say about poor Pikachu. Well...
    Me neither.
    Great, another way for people to make fun of the Pokemon fans, and this one's really bad since Pikachu is right in the title. This almost makes me happy that I don't have a Wii.

DITTO... would make a better mascot.
    Ooh, I rather enjoy this thread. :D.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    How bout we break into nintendo and take both presidents hostage and demand them to make more stadium games!
    Ill probally get it as a present and end up using it as a pizza cutter

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    Man, I'm so pissed. I was so excited when the announcement was made for a new Wii game... Then I found out on Bulbapedia that it's some crappy mini game thing and I died a little on the inside.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    So far the new info is:
    First we have some story details. In it, Pikachu gets informed of an issue in area by the mystery Pokémon Mew. While looking, Pikachu discovers the PokéPark which houses areas including the forest and the sea.
    Next, the game has the ability for you to take screenshots in-game and save them to the SD Card within your Wii to show your adventure
    There is a Trial of Strength feature within the games which house a variety of games for you to play and befriend Pokémon in order to use them and their abilities in the variety of attractions that are in the PokéPark
    A quiz which allows you to befriend Pokémon if you correctly answer the batch of questions you are given
    A Battle mode where you use Pikachu to defeat enemies with its attacks such as Thunderbolt
    A Chase mode where you have to tchase the Pokémon you wish to befriend
    Another of the attractions has been revealed. This mode is a race mode where you and your Pokémon race to beat certain time-based goals by waving the Wii Remote.
    WHEE, copy and paste. Non-Ranch models from what I've heard as well but that isn't confirmed, mind. It looks like mini-games a plenty.

Now, if they made Miror B the mascot here rather than Pikachu... ;)
    Hey wait a sec why are you all treating it like it's going to be bad no matter what? we don't have any details on it apart from the title, the fact minigames are going to be in it and you use other pokemon to help and that you play as pikachu. it might be alright and be a proper adventure it's too early to be giving opinions on it.

It'd be good if it was a 3d platformer like mario sunshines pinna park but a lot bigger and with boss pokemon like gyarados and gengar which have something different that you have to do (like zelda) and the minigames just bonuses we can but hope (please be like this, please be like this) if not i'll send this as an idea to nintendo japan (if i can get their email address) and hope they make it.
    It may be better than what it seems, true, although so far out of all of the info given, and the fact there's already been Hey You, Pikachu and Pokemon Channel, it's not that likely it'll differ from what those games have been all that much. =/ (And as other people said, they expected more. I myself would have preferred some other things as well).

I doubt we'd ever see Pokemon in an RPG format like that, given it is really made for the turn-based format (least-ways, nothing more than what Scramble is...which is fun in itself). I doubt you'd get anywhere with sending them an e-mail either - Nintendo publish the games rather than make exactly, and they already have their own professional teams which probably have already pondered that idea and a lot more.
    Aww, don't be that way about the Wi.. (Lots of other good games outside of Pokemon at any rate). =P Can't say Pikachu is doing us any favours though...
    Man, I'm so pissed. I was so excited when the announcement was made for a new Wii game... Then I found out on Bulbapedia that it's some crappy mini game thing and I died a little on the inside.
    Expectations suck when they don't turn out right. Which is why I adopt a 'don't hope for much' - that way if something good does happen it's a pleasant surprise rather than expected and I save myself from dying inside. =P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    o_O Already so much info ?
    It upsets me even more , even tough I am tempted to get it ! For my friend , I mean ! <-- Invisible Text In There !

ShinyGiratina

Distortion World's Guardian
    Years
    Uh, great. I was looking forward to a sequel to XD and Colosseum (or some other form of RPG). Well I know what I'm DEFINITELY not buying. This.

Back