• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
  • I've been following this hack and I support it and i plan on playing its first beta if theres anything you need help with storyline wise i can be of service, looks really good so far

Thank you for your support. The storyline I have already planned seems to suit fine but of course you are welcome to offer other advice and criticism. Welcome! You can beta test if you want when its released (might be a while).

I thought they might be a little more intrest in the badge competition. Oh well, I'm making the new deadline 19th March to allow it to pick up a little more steam.

The main news is.... screenshots are up!!!! They are not the best but they will do for now to get this hack shifted into progressing hacks before the deadline hooray!!!! :D

If a passing mod could shift us into progressing hacks, that would be great! I'l contact some anyway incase they don't. As I've said before, then I will comment on all the work done over christmas and new year that I missed while I was in Vermont.

~Cheers for your support~

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    great, so y don't you move :P

also the first map screenshot is kinda empty :/

The Cynic

Years
  • great, so y don't you move :P

also the first map screenshot is kinda empty :/

Yeh I did that one before I realised they needed to be vba emulator screenies. I just kept it because I can't be bothered deleting it.

And if its to be moved, who do I contact. I've already Pmed The Doctor but I don't know if hes the right person. Hes not online now anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Yeh I did that one before I realised they needed to be vba emulator screenies. I just kept it because I can't be bothered deleting it.

And if its to be moved, who do I contact. I've already Pmed The Doctor but I don't know if hes the right person. Hes not online now anyway.
    any rom hacking mod is right to move it:)

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    You should start commenting on all of the work that was done while you were away. There is quite a bit to do.

The Cynic

Years
  • :D HOORAY!!!!! :D We are now in progressing hacks!

A special thanks goes to The Doctor for moving the hack over so quickly. Cheers.

Righty-Ho! On with the show!

I commend you all for your flurry of activity while I was in Vermont. Its great to see I have such dedicated colleagues!

Lets continue with sprites.

2vltvmg.png

Pokestorm, you've done a great job on the first one. Well done, I think that's it complete! If you could do a backsprite for it now that would be great.

The second one is also complete. A big thanks to Darthvagabond for that. If anyone wants to do a backsprite go ahead.

The third one, by RedBaron is very good. I like the body and I think its done, but the head is a little too similar to the 2nd one. Maybe someone could change the head? I know RedBaron is on holiday/vacation so he won't be able to do it right now.

If you don't already know:

1. Water
    2. Water/Poison
    3. Water/Poison

attachment.php

RedBaron, your doing a great job on the grass line keep it up! I'm not sure whether the 2nd picture their is the 2nd or 3rd in the evo line. Its very good so far. Just do the one you've still to do if you get the time. Could you give the 3rd in the line a eucaypus leaf skirt if possible? If you don't already know they go:
    1. Grass
    2. Grass/Fighting
    3. Grass/Fighting
    Oh and again could someone backsprite please.

attachment.php

This little guy is great! Ta Redbaron! Backspirte please?

2e5mpg9.png

These guys just need touching up to make them look less like splices. Well done for them though! The thing is, Omnious Plains hasn't been on in a while so if he dosn't return then darthvagabond might redo them if he has the time (i've PMed him - waiting for him to come online). If not we can retouch them anyway or maybe someone else can have a bash? We'l wait on darthvagond anyway seing as he gave us this as the 3rd in evo line.
    3rdfireevo.png
    Which I think is absolutely fantastic!

I've already mentioned before about BlastoKing saying he's leaving PC for good. And I've already mentioned Kittykitten a few posts back.

RedBaron was doing the gym leader sprites but is unfortunatly unable to do them. As he's already doing loads for this project and others then that is totally understandable. This means that Deja Vu can do them if he wants to so PM me, Deja Vu if you want to do them and I'l PM you the descriptions of the gym leaders and their clothing etc.

Thank you all for sticking with us even when it seemed like we weren't going to make it. Remeber the aforementioned gym badge competition!

I will soon upload my fakemon sketches and descriptions so they can be spritefied!!!!

Lets go make the best hack we can!!!! Thank you all!

PS. I'm thinking of creating a pokemon chronicles wiki. Its not for definate yet but it'l allow people to learn more about region, storyline etc.

EDIT: Updated 1st posts with RedBaron's redos of Absyl and Koaleaf.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Since it seems you're really busy on fakemon, I could be a mapper, since it seems you're the only one doing it.
    You don't have to accept me, if you think you don't need me.

The Cynic

Years
  • Since it seems you're really busy on fakemon, I could be a mapper, since it seems you're the only one doing it.
    You don't have to accept me, if you think you don't need me.

Very sorry, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I already have every single map planned out in my head of how I want it to be (I'm weird like that). You can still offer criticism/suggestion on whatever we do and there might be chances to contribute later. Sorry.

OK, I've got a few sketches here ready to be spritefied once more! These sketches I did in ten minutes on ms paint as I lost the originals somehow...

Here we go!

culverein.png

That is Culverein, the octellery evo. My sketch is terrible yes... The colour scheme is white with purple orbs like octillery had red with yellow orbs. Try and make him look mor like a giant squid and like octillery than I have. And that silver thing is a collection of cannons, similar to what Blastoise has. This fakemon is important as:

a) It will become the 2nd largest in the pokedex
    b) One of the Elite 4 will use this as his signature pokemon

-------

chirillon.jpg

This is Chirillon. He is Chimecho's evo and is basically a collection of bells. Make hime interesting! He has two streamers.

Alternatively, give him one massive bell and and even longer ribbon and in which case I shall call him Ribbell.

It is an important fakemon as Chingling will be the first psychic type that you encounter in the hack. And one of the early gyms is particularly weak to psychic.... I say no more.

-------

pyrokinetic.png

This is a yet to be named Fire/Psychic type pyrokinetic pokemon. Its ment to look a litle like Uxie or Ralts like. It is based on a candle (sort of, not too literally). It is my most pathetic 3 minute sketch. Its elvolve form also is required. Its evolved form is the signature pokemon of one of the gym leaders and so is very important.

-------

Now for one that I havn't sketched yet as it dosn't really need one for you to visualise it.

Moovine is a calf pokemon that if male, evolves into Tauros, if female, Miltank. Its normal of course.

-------

There you go! I will soon upload more sketches. I have plenty more fakemon ideas!

PS. Some people may wonder, how will he fit so many fakemon and sinnoh pokemon into just 25 spaces? Well I will be removing a few, not too many, exsting pokemon that arn't native to the region. This will begin with all legendaries. I know a lot of people like them but I believe that sometimes legendaries can be used as an excuse for a lack of plot and so the legedaries that will appear will be fakemon ones, crucial to the plot. There will be at least one legendary in this region. The one that will appear is called Vicitraho. But we'll here about him later!

~Cheers and thanks for spriting!~

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Very sorry, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I already have every single map planned out in my head of how I want it to be (I'm weird like that). You can still offer criticism/suggestion on whatever we do and there might be chances to contribute later. Sorry.

OK, I've got a few sketches here ready to be spritefied once more! These sketches I did in ten minutes on ms paint as I lost the originals somehow...

Here we go!

culverein.png

That is Culverein, the octellery evo. My sketch is terrible yes... The colour scheme is white with purple orbs like octillery had red with yellow orbs. Try and make him look mor like a giant squid and like octillery than I have. And that silver thing is a collection of cannons, similar to what Blastoise has. This fakemon is important as:

a) It will become the 2nd largest in the pokedex
    b) One of the Elite 4 will use this as his signature pokemon

-------

chirillon.jpg

This is Chirillon. He is Chimecho's evo and is basically a collection of bells. Make hime interesting! He has two streamers.

Alternatively, give him one massive bell and and even longer ribbon and in which case I shall call him Ribbell.

It is an important fakemon as Chingling will be the first psychic type that you encounter in the hack. And one of the early gyms is particularly weak to psychic.... I say no more.

-------

pyrokinetic.png

This is a yet to be named Fire/Psychic type pyrokinetic pokemon. Its ment to look a litle like Uxie or Ralts like. It is based on a candle (sort of, not too literally). It is my most pathetic 3 minute sketch. Its elvolve form also is required. Its evolved form is the signature pokemon of one of the gym leaders and so is very important.

-------

Now for one that I havn't sketched yet as it dosn't really need one for you to visualise it.

Moovine is a calf pokemon that if male, evolves into Tauros, if female, Miltank. Its normal of course.

-------

There you go! I will soon upload more sketches. I have plenty more fakemon ideas!

PS. Some people may wonder, how will he fit so many fakemon and sinnoh pokemon into just 25 spaces? Well I will be removing a few, not too many, exsting pokemon that arn't native to the region. This will begin with all legendaries. I know a lot of people like them but I believe that sometimes legendaries can be used as an excuse for a lack of plot and so the legedaries that will appear will be fakemon ones, crucial to the plot. There will be at least one legendary in this region. The one that will appear is called Vicitraho. But we'll here about him later!

~Cheers and thanks for spriting!~
    That's fine with me, I don't need to be accepted.:)

The Fakemon look great!
    Good work on them!:D

The Cynic

Years
  • That's fine with me, I don't need to be accepted.:)

The Fakemon look great!
    Good work on them!:D

Sorry mate. But your intrest and support is always valued.

Right I've got some more fakemon now that I didn't have time to sketch, I'm trying to start a Muse fanclub on this site and write a new song for my band. Anyway I'm showing some of the ones that arn't hard to imagine:

Dartweet
    Normal/Flying
    Based on a hummingbird. Very small. Sharp pointy beak. Looks like a dart with wings. Flys quickly in a straightline.

Fallet
    Normal/flying
    Evolve form of Dartweet. Fastest pokemon in exsistance. Based on a perigrine falcon. Resembles a bullet.

Chipek
    Grass/Flying
    Resembles small woodpecker that is mainly made of bark with leaves for featers.

Woodril
    Grass/Flying
    Chipek Evo. Resembles large woodpecker. Powerful drilling beak.

*Unamed Pheasant Fakemon*

Grass (but can still learn peck etc.)
    Resembles grassy pheasant with Ornamental Grass Luzula Lucius for its tail feathers. Based on rnamental grass.

Shrubeak
    Grass
    Very, very vain. based on a peacock. Has ornamental Rosebush were tailfeathers normally go. Evolved form of *Unamed Pheasant Pokemon*.

Eclipseorb
    Rock/Psychic
    Evolution of Solrock and Lunatone. How do they both evolve? I'm not saying just yet... Looks like a more impressive combo of the two. Use your imagination and try not to splice...

Well there we go. I know you've got a lot to do, but it means I can focus on mapping. I'l get more fakemon out later!

The Cynic

Years
  • I don't really like the tiles, and I prefer FR Tiles will fit well in this.
    The scripts look good though. Good luck.

Cheers. The tiles are not the ones that will be eventually used. We're going to use custom ones to make every location seem unique. I'm just using the default ones at the moment so we have screenshots and can therefore be in porgressing hacks. Thank you for taking your time to have a look.

Minor Updates:

Updated the first post with some new text at the start to make it a little more presentable for now at least. Also added info on Nox Island in the region info section.

~Enjoy and keep up the good work!~

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I might sprite some, but I am pretty busy. I hope I can find time soon.

The Cynic

Years
  • I might sprite some, but I am pretty busy. I hope I can find time soon.

Just do what you can! To coin a phrase: "Every Little Helps!".

MINOR UPDATES: Got a progress section now in the first post. Looks a little scary but I'm an organisation freak! It looks long but seing as each individual task dosn't take long to complete it wont be too hefty. I've successfully broken up the big piece of chicken into bitesize chunks I think!

Also, all graphically talented people on pokecommunity are encouraged to take part in our design-a-badge competition. See this thread for details:- 277

Right! My job is to make a new, complete region map for the first post and to make a list of all pokemon that definately won't be appearing in this game. I'm not doing any more sketches at the moment as the spriters have enough to cope with. I wouldn't want to overwork them. Making a hack is supposed to be fun. :)

~Le merci et continue à accomplir!~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    That's a long way to go on the progress list...
    Beta 1 looks like it's going to be in a while...

The Cynic

Years
  • That's a long way to go on the progress list...
    Beta 1 looks like it's going to be in a while...

Sorry I'm a bit of a planning freak. Actually it wont take so long as
    a) each section is very short
    b) I can map very quickly
    c) Everything... and I mean everything has already been planned out. From the positions of the buildings in Aeonopolis City to what pokemon the elite 4 will use. Like I said I'm a planning freak! :D

Thanks for the input! Its great to see we have some form of following! :D

Oh, here's alist of the pokemon that definately won't be featured.

CATERPIE
    METAPOD
    BUTTERFREE
    WEEDLE
    KAKUNA
    BEEDRILL
    PIDGEY
    PIDGEOTTO
    PIDGEOT
    EKANS
    ARBOK
    NIDORAN(f)
    NIDORINA
    NIDOQUEEN
    NIDORAN(m)
    NIDORINO
    NIDOKING
    CLEFAIRY
    CLEFABLE
    JIGGLYPUFF
    WIGGLYTUFF
    SLOWPOKE
    SLOWBRO
    FARFETCH'D
    SEEL
    DEWGONG
    DROWZEE
    HYPNO
    OMANYTE
    OMASTAR
    KABUTO
    KABUTOPS
    ARTICUNO
    ZAPDOS
    MOLTRES
    MEWTWO
    MEW
    SENTRET
    FURRET
    CLEFFA
    IGGLYBUFF
    SLOWKING
    MARILL
    AZUMARILL
    UNOWN
    SNUBBULL
    GRANBULL
    SMEARGLE
    RAIKOU
    ENTEI
    SUICUNE
    LUGIA
    HO-OH
    CELEBI
    TREECKO
    GROVYLE
    SCEPTILE
    NICADA
    NINJASK
    SHEDINJA
    AZURILL
    GULPIN
    SWALOT
    CASTFORM*
    REGIROCK
    REGICE
    REGISTEEL
    KYROGRE
    GROUDON
    RAYQUAZA
    LATIAS
    LATIOS
    JIRACHI
    DEOXYS
    BURMY
    WORMADAM
    MOTHIM
    FINNEON
    LUMINEON
    UXIE
    MESPIRIT
    AZELF
    DIAGLA
    PALKIA
    GIRATINA
    CRESSELIA
    MANAPHY
    PHINONE
    REGIGIGAS
    DARKRAI
    SHAYMIN
    ARCEUS

*I would have loved to include castform with new forms (sandstorm and fog) and an evo but unfortunately this is not possible. I know, I am sad too. :(

There may be more removed late, this is just an initial list.. This is to accomodate fakemon and Sinnoh pokemon to the hack. Who knows I might not need to remove as many. Sorry if your fav. pokemon is removed. Its nothing personal they just don't match in with the region. I'm heartbroken about Castform! :'(

~Cheers~

Last edited:

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm back from an extended break.
    I got an xbox for christmas so i've pretty much done nothing else.
    Great too see we have some progress!

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
    Years
  • Okay, I have a variation of Ribell.
    It has no eyes so it uses the echoes produced by the large bell it carries too picture its surroundings...
    It is the right size... 64x64
    Ribbell.png

Yeah, it sorta sucks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back