• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Here's the new pics for Lilycove, I didn't edit them this time, so there's 4.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    You know where the Museum used to be.
    The flowers there look too unnatural.
    Try to fix that.

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
  • Here's the new pics for Lilycove, I didn't edit them this time, so there's 4.

You could remove the ledge where the museum was, the raised ground.
    Edit: I'm taking a break from this hack for a few days to assist with some others and hopefully gain some motivation and inspiration. When I get back to this one, I'll work extra hard and try to get the rest of Hoenn done within the week.
    I will be keeping an eye on this project while working on others, and will still manage it and assign some work and positions. Thanks for all the help so far everyone,
    - AiiNZ

Last edited:

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Here's a new picture, I didn't remove the raised area, but I put trees and grass instead of flowers, and removed the stairs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Yesterday I did Route 27 of Kanto:

There are some problems with the water around the trees, do you know which tileset I need to fix this?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since i'm working on a jhoto hack, i thought you guys need some mapping inspiration...
    Pokemon: Complete

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Although I would have replaced the small trees only taking 1 space with the ones taking 2 spaces.

I think that because the 4 space trees you used have taken 2 spaces in the originals.

The Blueprint

Years
  • @ Smitty

Thats Much Better Then before. Also, is your sig from that film 'The Anchorman' or something with Will Ferrel.

Last edited:

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Thats Much Better Then before. Also, is your sig from that film 'The Anchorman' or something with Will Ferrel.
    Yeah, I love that movie, I watched a few weeks ago, right before I registered here.
    Ummmm, I'm sorry, but are you completely stupid?
    We are hacking Fire Red, and Route 27 is already done.
    I was just about to say the same thing, but maybe not calling him completely stupid.

@●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●, is that a hack of Advance or DP? It looks a lot like DP...

Edit: do any of you guys know how to convert a .dib into a regular .bmp? I tried just renaming it and uploading here, but it didn't work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    thats the map from heart gold/soul silver and how is route 27 done? thats from gold silver and crystal!

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Okay, I'll overlook that you just called me stupid.
    If you would've been more keen on the differences between 1st and 2nd Gen, you would've known that Route 27 was added in Gold/Silver and wasn't contained in R/B/G and thus neither in FR/LG.
    A simple sorry will do. I tried to contribute to your project.

Also I would have noticed THAT first while opening the ROM in AdvanceMap. Kanto Maps in Firered reach to Route 25, the other two were added in Gold/Siver.
    You're counting all routes above 29 to johto, but this starts at 28. 27 and 26 count to Kanto.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Here's a new picture, I didn't remove the raised area, but I put trees and grass instead of flowers, and removed the stairs.

Oh my gosh.
    I'm just going to say this.
    You don't put grass in a City ._.
    You're not supposed to have wild encounters there.
    Learn about maps, and realize that in a city, there isn't grass.

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I`m not stupid, the grass isn`t accessible and there are no wild Pokemon. I just put the grass there because the area is no longer used, and is now overgrown.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • On the subject on where pokemon should be:
    What you should do is have pokemon in the region they are in in the official games, including the Johto pokemon that were in Kanto in gsc.
    Also, If you can figure out how to expand the national dex, I'm sure a lot of people would like to know how.

The Blueprint

Years
  • Okay, I'll overlook that you just called me stupid.
    If you would've been more keen on the differences between 1st and 2nd Gen, you would've known that Route 27 was added in Gold/Silver and wasn't contained in R/B/G and thus neither in FR/LG.
    A simple sorry will do. I tried to contribute to your project.

Also I would have noticed THAT first while opening the ROM in AdvanceMap. Kanto Maps in Firered reach to Route 25, the other two were added in Gold/Siver.

I apologise. I was a bit harsh and maybe should have looked into it before being so overly abusive. Yes, I agree, you do deserve an apology. It's just that things weren't going well for me earlier in the day, and I'm sorry, if you will accept my apology.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Okay, I accept your apology. Should I continue with routes 26, 28 and the Tohjo Falls now? Those are the connections between Kanto and Johto.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I`m not stupid, the grass isn`t accessible and there are no wild Pokemon. I just put the grass there because the area is no longer used, and is now overgrown.
    Still, grass in a town isn't a good idea.
    Overgrown aside, you're just not supposed to have any.

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Still, grass in a town isn't a good idea.
    Overgrown aside, you're just not supposed to have any.
    Actually, there's always grass in towns, just not Pokemon grass. I think it makes sense, so I'm leaving it like that.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Well, that what I meant. In Pokemon, there isn't normally grass in towns.
    Obviously there is grass in real towns.
    But whatever. Do what you want.

The Blueprint

Years
  • Come on now, lets keep it cool.

Mages4ever -
    You have a good point, and so does Smitty. I think the best thing for it is to leave it as it is. I know there Isn't usually grass in towns, but I like the Idea that the area is overgrown. Also, it in accessible and there are no wild pokemon on the list so it should be Ok.

Also Homer -
    Thanks for understanding, and yes if you would please continue the routes you stated that would be great. Again, I apologise. We got off on the wrong foot and think we should start fresh. Also, let me know if you have MSN so we can make contact easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back