• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    Will I be able to continue from a previsous save when a update come out if I'll play the game on My Boy on android tablet?I'm still on Dark Rising 1,but I'm almost done.
    I'm going to the sea this august,and I need to have something to do while on train.Considering I'll finish Dark Rising by then,I would love to play Dark Rising 2.
    My Boy saves the states in a folder "My Boy",so will I be able to continue?

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Will I be able to continue from a previsous save when a update come out if I'll play the game on My Boy on android tablet?I'm still on Dark Rising 1,but I'm almost done.
    I'm going to the sea this august,and I need to have something to do while on train.Considering I'll finish Dark Rising by then,I would love to play Dark Rising 2.
    My Boy saves the states in a folder "My Boy",so will I be able to continue?
    A friend of mine uses My Boy, and I just helped him rename one of his saves to match a new version, so I can confirm: Yes, you will be able to continue playing, you just have to change the name of the .sav file to match the name of the new .gba file.

Example, just in case you are having trouble understanding:

Pokemon 2 Beta 2.gba has a .sav file with it named "Pokemon 2 Beta 2.sav"

After you update, the name is changed to: Pokemon 2 Beta 3.gba so you will have to rename the .sav file to "Pokemon 2 Beta 3.sav" and you will be able to continue right where you left off!

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    A friend of mine uses My Boy, and I just helped him rename one of his saves to match a new version, so I can confirm: Yes, you will be able to continue playing, you just have to change the name of the .sav file to match the name of the new .gba file.

Example, just in case you are having trouble understanding:

Pokemon 2 Beta 2.gba has a .sav file with it named "Pokemon 2 Beta 2.sav"

After you update, the name is changed to: Pokemon 2 Beta 3.gba so you will have to rename the .sav file to "Pokemon 2 Beta 3.sav" and you will be able to continue right where you left off!

Cool.Thanks.It's half a month until I am going to the sea,and I'm definetly finishing Dark Rising 1 until then,considering I'm in Pax Town already.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2014
    hey it says all starter pokemon gen 1-5 are available but on the wild pokemon list squirtle isnt there. Is squirtle in the game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2014
    hey it says all gen 1-5 starter pokemon are in the game but squirtle isnt on the wild pokemon list. is squirtle in the game?

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • hey it says all starter pokemon gen 1-5 are available but on the wild pokemon list squirtle isnt there. Is squirtle in the game?

hey it says all gen 1-5 starter pokemon are in the game but squirtle isnt on the wild pokemon list. is squirtle in the game?
    First, don't double post please. Especially when you are posting the exact same message (more or less)

Secondly, this is still in Beta. There are many updates to come. There may be an event that has Squirtle in it, but if not then we will simply have to wait until the update is released.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Can anyone please tell me how to reach the aster praire? I finished the game but i want bulbssaur and I dumno how to reach that praire :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Hi, im just curious about the Physical / Special split. Is it up to date with all moves and is the dmg calculation done with the right stats ( ATK / SATK ) ??

I'm just about to start this Rom after finishing Dark Rising 1 and i LOVED it. It's pure fun, an awesome piece of work ! :)

Just planning my Team-setup for the game and wanted to know about the Physical / SPecial split :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Played the first Dark rising and an earlier version if DR2 and I loved them. Only problem is some of my favorite pokemon were taken out and replaced. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Can anyone recommend a good hack besides glazed, light platinum, and dark rising 2 to start while we wait for beta 3 to release?

I would recommend Crystal Dust, good storyline, pokedex is fillable, and the other trainers aren't super OP. Its not as hard as DR1.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    Hi DarkRisingGirl =)
    So basically, i'm just a huge rom player and i want to ask, does beta 2 end in battling kaz, i mean, when he is going to send out articuno? well, The rom freezes when he does so i was wondering maybe this is the end of the beta so i just wanted to be sure =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back