• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Hi, thanks for this amazing hack! Although I have a problem: after I applied the Add Gen VI Exp Share.ips patch my pokemon stopped gaining exp. It doesn't even show "Your pokemon gained 0 exp." or something, it just ends the battle. Is this a known bug? Did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Fortunately I have fixed that in the upcoming version, over on our discord server I have posted an early release of Legacy with all the options. Once I finish with the Deluxe variant I will officially release the next version, I just figured I would make the Legacy variant available since it was ready :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Oh great! I play the Legacy version anyway, where can I find the discord link?
    EDIT: Nvm I'm stupid lol

Years
  • New version out today! Long time in the works and I am sorry about the wait, real life and LOTS of bugtesting made this take so long... Anyway, this new version has a lot of fun new features, namely 151 new tutor moves, new items to use: Fly, Flash, Renaming anywhere, and changing the in-game time. Full feature list on the original post.

The next version shouldn't take nearly as long since there aren't any major bugs to fix and I've put a lot of thought into some neat stuff to put in so look forward to that in the (hopefully) near future!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    I have used this one for a while. Recently I notice an update. Overall it makes emerald feel complete. Literally. The main problem with all pokemon games is that game freak make them tedious and literally toxic in order to enjoy them into the fullest (so much wasted time). With this mod the game is enjoyable.

I have an issue though.
    For some reason bad eggs ruin some of the pokemon I caught.
    And when a pokemon that has gone through iv perfection and similar features and then trade it to another game it will have no ability.
    Salamence actually keeps its ability but most don't.
    If you have the time check it out and enlighten me if you can.

Years
  • I have used this one for a while. Recently I notice an update. Overall it makes emerald feel complete. Literally. The main problem with all pokemon games is that game freak make them tedious and literally toxic in order to enjoy them into the fullest (so much wasted time). With this mod the game is enjoyable.

I have an issue though.
    For some reason bad eggs ruin some of the pokemon I caught.
    And when a pokemon that has gone through iv perfection and similar features and then trade it to another game it will have no ability.
    Salamence actually keeps its ability but most don't.
    If you have the time check it out and enlighten me if you can.

The Bad Egg bug has been fixed in this new update, the abilities issue is my bad, just bring any pokemon with NO ABILITY to the ability switcher, they'll fix it!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    I have updated it..
    And in a new play through I found out about the problem of bad egg.

The ability switcher can reset the ability yes. But when you trade a pokemon from emerald final into fire red or another gen 3 game then there is no way of solving it.

Other than that as I said the mod/hack is excellent and it makes the game 200% more enjoyable. But if these problems could be eliminated it will be probably a perfection of gen 3 game.

The reason I'm using the word perfection is that with your mod building a competitive team is lightning fast and immersive at the same time using all these features, so take that and then trade it to another game and you can share it with other players that don't necessarily want to try a mod yet.

Years
  • I have updated it..
    And in a new play through I found out about the problem of bad egg.

The ability switcher can reset the ability yes. But when you trade a pokemon from emerald final into fire red or another gen 3 game then there is no way of solving it.

Other than that as I said the mod/hack is excellent and it makes the game 200% more enjoyable. But if these problems could be eliminated it will be probably a perfection of gen 3 game.

The reason I'm using the word perfection is that with your mod building a competitive team is lightning fast and immersive at the same time using all these features, so take that and then trade it to another game and you can share it with other players that don't necessarily want to try a mod yet.

Are you sure? We didn't get and BAD EGGS in testing... What were you doing in game to cause it? Did you patch a fresh ROM?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    I'm sure yes. And yes it was a new rom.
    Honestly the bad eggs aren't the most annoying part.
    The only weird thing that happened in my play through was that an egg got exp and then it leveled up. After that I started seeing bad eggs not immediately though. After catching mewtwo and celebi I found some more, and when I used substitute tutor twice I found some more again. But I don't know if these things caused them or what.

Bad eggs aren't that big of an issue for me personally at least. Being able to trade well made pokemon to another game is what I mostly want.
    I'm using dolphin so I want to trade them over there as well for colosseum.
    If a pokemon after trading has the ivs/evs, nature, ability etc then there will be no problem. Because you can have a personal bank for your pokemon and wouldn't care for bad eggs at all.

Years
  • I'm sure yes. And yes it was a new rom.
    Honestly the bad eggs aren't the most annoying part.
    The only weird thing that happened in my play through was that an egg got exp and then it leveled up. After that I started seeing bad eggs not immediately though. After catching mewtwo and celebi I found some more, and when I used substitute tutor twice I found some more again. But I don't know if these things caused them or what.

Bad eggs aren't that big of an issue for me personally at least. Being able to trade well made pokemon to another game is what I mostly want.
    I'm using dolphin so I want to trade them over there as well for colosseum.
    If a pokemon after trading has the ivs/evs, nature, ability etc then there will be no problem. Because you can have a personal bank for your pokemon and wouldn't care for bad eggs at all.

I'll have to look into this

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    Thank you very much. And I have to say you are very dedicated person. It's not uncommon for creators reply, but you are extremely active. That's definitely something that people will appreciate.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    I have to admit a possible mistake that I made.

I had patched an update but for some reason I patched 7.4 not 7.41. I don't know how I made that mistake but I did.

What I'm saying is that bad egg might not be a problem. But abilities with pokemon traded over still have the same problem because I checked it.

I'm sincerely sorry for my mistake I hope the bad egg thing didn't made you lose time.

I'll start a new play through with eevee or ditto since I noticed that you added them and see how it goes.

I do have one question though..
    In 7.41 I found nature switcher at the bp shop but not at the tents is this the proper version? Or have I made another mistake?

Years
  • I have to admit a possible mistake that I made.

I had patched an update but for some reason I patched 7.4 not 7.41. I don't know how I made that mistake but I did.

What I'm saying is that bad egg might not be a problem. But abilities with pokemon traded over still have the same problem because I checked it.

I'm sincerely sorry for my mistake I hope the bad egg thing didn't made you lose time.

I'll start a new play through with eevee or ditto since I noticed that you added them and see how it goes.

I do have one question though..
    In 7.41 I found nature switcher at the bp shop but not at the tents is this the proper version? Or have I made another mistake?

Glad to hear the Bad Egg wasn't in the latest version lol

The abilities can be fixed by taking the Pokemon to the Ability Switcher in the Daycare, that was a mistake on my part in earlier versions.

The Nature Switcher is on the right side of the room inside the Battle Tents, the fellow with the glasses

Years
  • The hack looks great love it i only have 1 thing to say the gen4 sprites patch does have some sprites on the wrong position one i catch is mudkip i am using so far a moemon patch so far all good.

Years
  • The hack looks great love it i only have 1 thing to say the gen4 sprites patch does have some sprites on the wrong position one i catch is mudkip i am using so far a moemon patch so far all good.
    Yep, few mistakes were made on that lol I'll be updating that and a few more things that need fixing in a minor update soon. Thanks for letting me know!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    For some reason I'm having difficulties patching the UPS file to swap the in-game sprites to the Gen IV sprites. I keep getting a error message [The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled]
    Anyone else have this issue? :(

Years
  • For some reason I'm having difficulties patching the UPS file to swap the in-game sprites to the Gen IV sprites. I keep getting a error message [The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled]
    Anyone else have this issue? :(

You have to tell the UPS patcher to ignore errors 😁

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I have two very minor issue I'd like to report...

1.} The Deluxe Wild Encounter patches doesn't seem to include the "New Wilds" patch for both the no Exp Gain and Exp Gain folders. Whereas the"Legacy" folders DO have them.

2.) The Day-Night Cycle system seems to not be working properly for the Deluxe patches, but it does for the Legacy ones.

Years
  • I have two very minor issue I'd like to report...

1.} The Deluxe Wild Encounter patches doesn't seem to include the "New Wilds" patch for both the no Exp Gain and Exp Gain folders. Whereas the"Legacy" folders DO have them.

2.) The Day-Night Cycle system seems to not be working properly for the Deluxe patches, but it does for the Legacy ones.

I just didn't add the words "new wilds" to the Deluxe ones (forgot) but they're in there! Just use the ones that don't say vanilla wilds.

What issues are you having with the day/night cycle?

Back