• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2023
    I just caught a shiny shaymin during one of my runs, am I ever going to be able to get this shiny back? Is there anything about getting back your shiny legendaries?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    You can catch previous shiny Pokemon in the safari zone. I'm not sure about legendaries though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Brilliant idea plus super solid execution, bravo to that. Had a few full clears so far in the regular and
    Spoiler:

One thing I noticed that most consistently "breaks" runs are surf encounters. I am not entirely sure how they work, but I guess its a fixed seed for all routes, so you get a roll of two water pokemon for the entirety of the adventure. Since these often are starters or other solid choices, you often have a nearly endless supply of solid water types, which is one of the best types to have in this Hack anyway.

I once rolled
    Spoiler:
    and mudkip in
    Spoiler:
    mode, and the run felt completely unloseable past badge 4 or so. No matter what I did, I always could recover a few swamperts to save me. And once I had the money, I could Just spam
    Spoiler:
    . Even If I lost those, next route Just let me recatch them.

I believe Surf routes need to reroll encounters each route as well, or don't have special encounters at all. It is the most consitent way I found to "break" the game.

Also amulet coin just needs to go. It breaks the economy. Trainers Just need to give more rewards naturally or something to have more incentive to do trainer battles, but amulet coin ain't it.

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    I know difficulty-reducing suggestions are probably the most annoying to get, but...
    Could you reduce the cost of the healer before fighting a gym leader, and possibly add her before E4/champions? Because it makes full rest stops *way* too valuable. There's no point in weighing out the pros and cons of each route if one of them has a full rest stop, since you can't afford to miss one. Granted, I'm constantly running out of healing items because I'm playing with basic bag enabled, but a five digit cost is still way too high - even if I had healing items and wanted to save them, I wouldn't consider paying that much.
    Also wanna mention that this is the funnest romhack I've ever played. I always dreamed of a "mini-nuzlocke" and this is so much better than I could've imagined it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    What's the difference between single, double, gauntlet, and rainbow runs? And do you have a spreadsheet on level up moves or is it in accordance to a specific gen?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    Hi i just wanted to know if this was a visual bug, i used a jolly mint on my corphish and on the stats screen it shows red for speed and blue for sp. attack, which red i thought indicated the stat being lowered, and since jolly is supposed to increase speed, i thought i'd bring it to the dev's attention to see what thats about.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    hello, would there be cheat codes in the game or a way to cheat ?
    thank you for your time
    and sory for my english i am french

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    this hack is excellent! i guess the third gen is just very conducive to great hacks, between this and radical red lol. a few bugs i'd like to quickly note:

1: knock off still removes items when the target has a substitute up. if im not mistaken, this behavior is inherited from the base gen 3 engine, but i dont play enough competitive adv to have been in that situation to know for sure. very minor bug, and honestly its an interesting quirk so i wouldnt blame you if you decided to leave it in on purpose.
    2: ultra necrozium z, or whatever the z crystal that lets necrozma-duskmane and -dawnwings ultra burst, does not seem to work at all. having it equipped on a necrozma dusk mane with photon geyser did not allow me to use the z or transform into ultra necrozma.
    3: the z crystals and mega stones seem to be a little bit bugged as well. i had a situation happen where i clicked z-hurricane with a noivern, but died before it went off. when i switched into my salamence holding salamencite and clicked the mega button, instead, it fired off a flying z move and didnt mega. i was able to mega the following turn. this one is also honestly pretty cool and a neat gen 1 esque sort of bug that i quite like, wouldnt mind it staying but it is still a bug.
    4: the safari zone does not seem to handle "combo" pokemon correctly. ive found so far both a necrozma dusk mane and a calyrex shadow rider. ive gotten base necrozma to appear, but both dusk mane and dawn wings fail to do so. as for calyrex, no form is spawning, even the base form.
    5: im not sure if im doing something wrong, but even with max happiness, i cant seem to evolve riolu at any time of day. ive tried morning, evening, night, and the middle of the day to no avail. again maybe im just missing something tho lmao
    misc extremely minor things ive noticed: catching a morelull for the first time shows its shiny coloration on the pokedex screen, even if it is regular. also, catching any regional variant of any pokemon in the wild results in all variants appearing in the safari zone, i.e catching alolan sandshrew on an adventure gives you both kanto sandshrew and alolan sandshrew in the safari zone. very possible that this was done on purpose, and if so, disregard lol

all in all, an incredible hack. super appreciate the increased shiny odds too, if i wanted to hunt real shinies i can go play a real pokemon game. but sometimes i just wanna use a shiny altaria lmao. its very obvious how much care went into it and im having a blast playing it. sorry if anything ive said sounds too harsh, my pointing out the handful of minor bugs ive noticed is not a condemnation or criticism or anything lol. i personally just like when people point out bugs in my code so i can fix them haha. i eagerly await both more updates to this hack and any future hacks you make <]:^)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    created an account just to say great hack and that im going to try to put this on a repro cart to give as a gift to a friend who i think would like it

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Really like the hack! But I'm having an issue, I don't think it's "as designed", whenever I end up in a map with psychic terrain, the terrain effect show up fully opaque, making it impossible to see the map underneath except for interactive objects (like items, breakable rocks or trainers). It's making it really hard to find the exit and got out of the map and continue the run

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2023
    I also would like to see the rest of the gym leaders added into this, as well as more upgrades mid run, and more node types to pick from.

Additionally, does the secret expansion room actually unlock after you beat the champion? Because that user above really needs a spoiler warning.

Edit: So I've been playing with trainers on hard, and something seems off. For instance, a nosepass outsped my Zangoose. My Zangoose was basically a wet noodle strength wise, but the gym leaders Zangoose was able to one shot almost my entire team, with no stat boosts, and no super effective moves. We were the exact same level. Do gym leaders have unattainably high stats on their mons? If so, l regret going straight to the hard mode, because that isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    Loving the hack, more inventory space and less inventory clutter would be amazing. As one other user mentioned removing natuere mints and isntead making it an npc is a good idea. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    Please take the mew event out. I have to spend like two extra minutes catching the disappointment that is mew each and every time it is so annoying

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2023
    Hi is there a bug regarding calyrex? I can't seem to find it anywhere in safari zone when limiting to gen8 even after encountering it multiple times in adventure

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I made an account just to say, please allow an option to disable permadeath. I don't want to play a nuzlocke. It's a cool idea but the permadeath killed this rom for me. Please allow for those of us who do not want it to make it toggleable. I think it would still be plenty hard without the permadeath for those of us who hate that.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    For those wondering how to enable Pokemon past Gen 3 (along with Megas, Z moves, etc) you have to enter the Config Lab, go up to the window at the top, and click A on it. In that room you can enable new Pokemon that way.
    I was immensely confused on how to get Pokemon past Gen 4 as well, admittedly this is a really ugly game design on the developer's part. I feel like it should be automatically enabled, or at the very least making it NOT an unnoticeable secret.
    There is a cutscene which plays once you complete your run which tells you where to go to active this.
    The hidden way to activate that you're referring to it is just an easter egg for those who really don't want to wait

Really like the hack! But I'm having an issue, I don't think it's "as designed", whenever I end up in a map with psychic terrain, the terrain effect show up fully opaque, making it impossible to see the map underneath except for interactive objects (like items, breakable rocks or trainers). It's making it really hard to find the exit and got out of the map and continue the run
    That will be an emulator issue; most likely you'll have to change the renderer or render settings

Back