• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I think people who say that didn't actually read about the game and just watched the trailer. I was so confused as to why people kept comparing it to PMD until I saw the trailer and if they hadn't read before that it's a strategy game they could mistake it for that.
    Well, the trailer still show humans in there. A PMD game would be the last I would think of a point of comparison.
    But I think the character designs are crappy and way too out-there for my liking. The reason I don't play many Japanese games other than Pokémon is because, more often than not, I don't like the characters.
    Everything about Pokemon is out-there, which is what attract players. Yes you may say that the characters look ugly because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But saying that they look strange, weird or unusual is rather contradicting because Pokemon was always "strange" from the start.
    Except maybe the fact that the people are all gijinkas and the aim of the game is to "take over Japan"?
    I take it you have a hatred for gijinkas? Oh and the aims of the main games are basically to be the region's Champion, which is rather similar to "taking over a country"(since being the Champion equates to being the strongest ultimate Trainer in the region thus people would obey you).

Years
  • Ah, but when everyone posts to say that I should like the game, including you, I do have to say time after time that I DON'T like it.

I don't "hate" it. But I think the character designs are crappy and way too out-there for my liking. The reason I don't play many Japanese games other than Pokémon is because, more often than not, I don't like the characters.
    Way to completely miss the part where I said "I'm not saying you should like it".

I'm not saying you should like it

Here's the trailer with subtitles.

17 castles = 17 types?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • While I would have definitely preferred a new shadow game, this idea doesn't seem too bad. Having the Shining Force/FE in-battle cutscenes would have made it 10x cooler though.

Saying that, this doesn't seem like a game that would make it outside of Japan even if it does have pokemon in it's title.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I hope it does get localized, I kind of like it.

It's nice to see Pokemon out of dungeons and gym battles once in a while... though the gameplay did seem incredibly similar to PMD, still

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
    Years
  • This is exactly the kind of game Ive been looking forward to! ^_^ The main games always follow the same plot of defeating the bad guys and beating the regional
    league(s). I'm glad they're making a spin-off.

Years
  • A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

The animation is incredible! Wow! Just when I though pokemon was aimed for the "10 year olds". The game..well..doesn't look that good..but i'll will give it a chance, and will purchase it if i find it intresting. I don't know what other game it's crossed over with. Im sure, the are experimenting.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    While I'm sad that we won't be getting a Gen III remake yet, this does look interesting.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Ah, but when everyone posts to say that I should like the game, including you, I do have to say time after time that I DON'T like it.

I don't "hate" it. But I think the character designs are crappy and way too out-there for my liking. The reason I don't play many Japanese games other than Pokémon is because, more often than not, I don't like the characters.

Except maybe the fact that the people are all gijinkas and the aim of the game is to "take over Japan"?

Not really, I just love Coke.

Except the Sinnoh series of the anime.

Thank you, it's nice to know that one person has common sense.

Now, when I said I don't like this game, I was basing it on the information we currently have. It could be an amazing game but as it stands I just don't get it. That is my opinion. Okay? Okay. Case closed. Let's all go skip into the rainbows singing happy songs or riding unicorns or something idk

If you don't like it, why do you keep coming back and posting, it's simple enough to not like the game and say so, who cares if some people hate your opinion, it's not worth the effort to come back and post it over and over In annoying ways like this.

Imo, I like the look of this game, I'm going to get it, just like I get all the pokémon games good or bad ones.

I'll admit I was hoping for a R/S or mystery dungeon annoucement, but I won't be nagging or moaning like other people i've seen on such things like youtube. -3-

Markichuuuuu

YouTube LP'er :3
    Years
  • I hope we get this in America. I think I'd honestly rather have this over "Grey" version, since the third game in a set of Pokémon games is usually the same game with extra features. At least this way we get a brand new experience!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • This is one of the games I am most excited of, including Pt and HGSS. This really looks different and radical, straying of the path from the PMD series and ranger series. I love samurais.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I don't know the Nobunaga's Ambition games, though I know the original setting of the game. (I watched the anime of Sengoku Basara, it's the same period, only crazier). But I heard people make connections with Fire Emblem, combine that with Pokémon, great character design, hints of a great story and you got me looking forward to more details on this game.
    I hope it gets localised in Europe. I would love to try it out. : >

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'm perplexed. Honestly, that game doesn't appeal to me at all.
    But, as a very big fan, I think I'll buy it if it's released in Europa, and I hope it will be great. Because I expected a really cool game, when they had announced that there would be a new game. I mean, a game that would ravish fans, like Pokémon Grey, or a remake, so this Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition totally disappoint me. I didn't even know, Nobunaga's Ambition...
    But maybe I'm wrong to be disappointed, and that will be a super game ! I hope I'm wrong.
    But for the moment, I'm perplexed.

Last edited:

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • I also hoped to see Gray/Ranger 4/XD 2/Hoenn remakes, but seeing that it plays similar to Final Fantasy Tactics (the only strategy game I like) I'm hoping that this gets translated. Well, that and a Pokémon fighting game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • From serebii:
    Online retailer, Amazon, has published the official box art for Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition. This game is the game revealed last month which features Pokémon in a strategy RPG style of the Nobunaga's Ambition games. This boxart confirms that the game has Wi-Fi features. CoroCoro is expected with details this week. The first of which seem to be leaking with a potential release date of March 17th 2012, but this has yet to be confirmed.
    box.jpg

Most colourful!

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • And it has online features! This should be worthwhile! :3

The screenshot they have on there with the sort of search screen also looks awesome! wonder if those are just avatars or if we'll actually be allowed to create custom 'trainers'?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm actually excited for the game, to be honest.

I like the box art, but I wonder if it will be released in English?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back