• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    It looks really good! I like the detective sprite and the tiles look really good! Dont quit, its looking great!

theEND

Veteran Pixel Artist/Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    Awww! Poor Oak. Lol, I like the storyline do you need a mapper?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • As usual, good tiles and a well organized mapping.

The hero's sprite looks fine. It has certain resemblance to that dude with the Riolu (or was it Lucario?) from DP, only with a palette difference, probably it'd be better to make it a bit more different, but, that's up to you.

Well, hope you manage to show some more scripting stuff (and maybe some bits about the main story, which is the most interesting part of this hack)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    This hack seems very fresh. I like the graphics a lot, especially the trees. the grass could use some work though. Nontheless, I can't wait for a release.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    wow this hack looks amazing and i luv the storyline, i was wondering if ur gonna release a beta anytym soon to give us a feel of the game so far

Years
  • Hey guys, I apologize for not giving you an update, but not much has been done yet. I'm currently working on scripting all the beginning events. I got most of them scripted, but I am not pleased with what I chose for the people to say. So, I am going to try to rewrite it. Maybe I'm just not very creative :p

But anyways, I've been on vacation for 9 days visiting family, so I haven't been able to work much on the hack. I've had my laptop, but it annoys the crap out of me having to use the mousepad to place tiles and stuff. lol. So I will get the beginning scripted, and all the house insides mapped, and I may release a 'beta' or 'alpha' whatever it is termed of the beginning part, to show that it is being done. I may only release the first city and the route, but maybe the second city, the graveyard, and the windmill valley, along with the second route. If I decided to release the second city also, I'd be required to script and map all he buildings. Would take a bit of extra time. I have school starting soon, which will also hinder the speed at which the hack is completed.

In the first city, you hear from your mother that professor oak has been murdered! She tells you about it, and says whom of 8 people it could have been. She said that it's about time you moved out on your own and started working. You've already gone to school to learn how to be a detective, and your mother tells you to seek out the retired detective next door. After talking to him, he tells you about how you can do the mission; to find who murdered professor Oak. Lucky for you, he is retired and took on the hobby of pokemon breeding in his old age. He will give you one of three starters. It will be random, and he will not tell you what it is... he just asks if you want it. He will then tell you that he can only gie you one pokemon and you will have to catch others on your own, and gives you 5 pokeballs. He then tells you about the pokedex on his desk. Professor Oak gave him the pokedex shortly before being murdered. To show respect for professor Oak, his goal is to complete the pokedex. He gives this job to you, as you will be exploring and meeting new pokemon. Upon recieving all your neccessities to becoming a pokemon training (as you need to be one to solve the mystery) the police man who would not let you out, will now let you exit and move on to route 401.

Route 401: Few trainers, and about 5 windmills which supply electricity to the towns.

2nd city: There's a gym, a big building which will be made into a hotel or hospital of business, there is a pokecenter and a mart. To the left of the town is a windy valley which has windmills placed there for electricity. There is grass which is full of pokemon. Above the city, to the left is a graveyard. Also in the city, is a tunnel, which was used by a dead serial killer. The tunnel is locked. It leads to route 402. The tunnel was locked by the serial killer before he died. The police guarding the tunnel tells you that it is dangerous to be near it as it is easy to slip and get hurt. It's his job to not let people go near. It is locked anyways and there is no point, he says. He notices you are a detective and sends you on a quest to investigate and find the key. After talking to a few different people you should have a good idea where the murder's grave is. The key is hidden somewhere near. Upon finding the key, you may go through.

That's basically it so far. Rate? opinions? Criticism? Suggests?

Edit: and when I say thats basically it, I mean, more than that is done... many other town maps are complete.

And most of the scripting for the events stated above have been almost completely scripted.

Godot

That's one of my rules.
    Years
  • Very Interesting! I will be keeping an eye on this one ;)

(and to all of you folks thinking that THIS is scary, you should play Phoenix Wright :D)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Any updates?? I havent heard anything for awhile...I hope nothing bad happened...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Been a while since I looked here. Seems like there hasnt been too much activity here, which is sad, considering this one has a story that looks interesting, if there's enough effort in developing it.

I've been checking out your youtube account and seems like you have a few videos showing some progress. If you post them here I'm sure you'll get some feedback (I've been liking what you've been doing on some of those videos, by the way ;))

Well, good luck on this, apparently you are doing pretty well on it.

Years
  • Since school has started, I'm not sure I'll have much time for hacking :/ I've been getting lots of homework... AP European History alone gives me about 1-1.5 hours of homework a night... then I have other classes :/ so I don't have much time at all... sorry guys >_< I may continue on the hack in the future, but the progress will be extremely slow... so I'm gonna go ahead and maybe get this thread locked :/ sorry...

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    This hack looks better than before with the new screens.

pokedude565

This looks great! Awesome story as well! Pretty nice new tiles. Great idea for getting a starter. I might get it later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back