• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
  • Oh, fun, you want to be a Rocket with them! X3
    That gives me much more freedom as to what the event can be...

Bet you seriously bribed Giovanni if he let you keep those... 'Course, if you jacked those, you might not be a grunt anymore.

No worries - since Team Rocket is probably going to be a big part of the game, I'll need to make outfits for other ranks - the white outfits like Jessie and James, and outfits like Cassidy and Butch. (I don't know if they'll be in it since I don't know much about them... ^^' But their rank - "A" rank - will.)

I rather like the idea of making you a (generic) class "A" Rocket who's been told to try to put Jessie and James in line. But you'll have to tell me what you think. It would certainly fit your team better.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    This hack looks saweet. I think what you're doing with the gyms is really cool. I too have often wondered why 98% of the trainers and wild pokemon in the game could easily beat the first gym leader. The way the games are set up it's like every single trainer started out in the starting town. Also, the non-linear-ness you're doing is really cool.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
    Years
  • Ya thats a great role for the team i made. I couldn't have thought of anything better. It would be kinda cool being a Rocket member thats keeping jessie and james in line. I could be all like hey watch how a real Rocket battles or something. You could probably have them make comments behind my back saying how much they hate me and how they don't need me telling them how to battle. (though they need it). But anyways just tell me if you like that idea and bounce whatever else you come up with to me. Good luck with all the work yout putting in and i cant wait to see what the game ends up looking like.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Yes, I just thought it made so darn little sense for it to be set up that way. Trainers start their journeys from everywhere.

Another thing I would like done sometime is a game that uses the Safari Zone system as a method for you to catch your first Pokemon, because not all trainers are given their first pokemon by someone else. The problem with putting that in this game would be that you'd have to force the player into the safari area - and I, obviously, am trying to avoid random people telling you "oh-em-gee, no, you can't do that yet!" ^_~ Also I'm not sure how to do it anyway, or if it can be done. >.<

The logic of this game is one of the things I'm emphasizing. The Gym system actually should seem like these people were picked for a reason, and why are there never clear roads? ("To make the game challenging," answers Nintendo... >.<)

Anyway - @Heatman - this is one event with them (although it may leak out into other stuff elsewhere). It's probably after they botch something big - due to the player I think - so the Boss gets mad and sends one of his "A" members - you - to show them how it's done. When the player beats them AND you, in a row... well, I'm kind of wondering what you decide to tell Geovanni? :P

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • You could just make it a "Birthday treat" to go catch a Pokémon yourself. It doesn't even have to be safari, maybe just someone's back yard (but still bait and rocks)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • You (barely) missed the point, Poke. No matter how I would choose to do a safari event, I would have to force the player to do the event before letting them leave town.

But it's really not an issue, because a "Safari" area will be in the game, and I completely explained why the player has an Eevee.

The Safari will even be in the starting town; it's run by the Professor's little sister, Karri Pine. Karri studies Pokémon; with her sister, you could say. But, Karri is obsessed with the Pokémon Ditto. She runs the Safari to get funds, 50% of which go into her Ditto research.

Karri's specific fascination with Ditto? I think I'll keep that a surprise for now...

Anyway, I'll put a variety of types, low level because they're tame, in Karri's safari area, so the player can make themselves a balanced team early on. After all, the player can afford the fee at the very beginning, if they choose.

Years
  • You (barely) missed the point, Poke. No matter how I would choose to do a safari event, I would have to force the player to do the event before letting them leave town.

But it's really not an issue, because a "Safari" area will be in the game, and I completely explained why the player has an Eevee.

The Safari will even be in the starting town; it's run by the Professor's little sister, Karri Pine. Karri studies Pokémon; with her sister, you could say. But, Karri is obsessed with the Pokémon Ditto. She runs the Safari to get funds, 50% of which go into her Ditto research.

Karri's specific fascination with Ditto? I think I'll keep that a surprise for now...

Anyway, I'll put a variety of types, low level because they're tame, in Karri's safari area, so the player can make themselves a balanced team early on. After all, the player can afford the fee at the very beginning, if they choose.

Ooh, an update. Thank you! The ditto thing sounds cool.

When's the next contest (Not that I can enter it) I just like to see what it is.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Well, I don't really know another contest to do right now. The first one was kind of off the top of my head and random. So when I do another one, it probably will be, too.

I'm thinking, when I have a contest idea, of doing at least one contest that's on my game's site only, probably open to anyone who enters.

Karri and the Safari were already planned, anyway. It's not in the game yet, it's just me revealing a little more of my plans... ;)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Hehehe. The region and the things about it have an extensive backstory, from fanfic/roleplay sorts of things done by my sister and I. That means there's a lot of information - this isn't something I just said, "well, I wanna make a hack, I wonder what to make it about..." and then picked this. I had the seed of this long before I knew I could do anything with it, and it's only grown over time. Now I just have to plant it, water it, and watch over it until it finally bears fruit - and then there's free berries for everyone. :D

luker05

Banned
    Years
  • Fantastic Idea, you really know what your doing. I would love to help, send me a PM if you need something

Years
  • Hehehe. The region and the things about it have an extensive backstory, from fanfic/roleplay sorts of things done by my sister and I. That means there's a lot of information - this isn't something I just said, "well, I wanna make a hack, I wonder what to make it about..." and then picked this. I had the seed of this long before I knew I could do anything with it, and it's only grown over time. Now I just have to plant it, water it, and watch over it until it finally bears fruit - and then there's free berries for everyone. :D

I has this idea for months now and I told my friend about it, he didn't seem to like it (you know who I'm talking about Kaylee, Maheychoheymuuhey). I was so excited to start it. You heard my whole story! Well, some of it! :D
    What kind of berries? ^_~

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • :D

Now I have the random impulse to have an event like that sometime near the end of the game, where my character, Krysteenah, gives the player a bunch of free berries - just as a random easter egg/joke reference to the metaphor I used in that post... for anyone who saw it here... :P

I dunno what kind of berries. Wait! It's the I Dunno - er - I mean Enigma Berry! >.< That probably will be one of them... XD

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • :D

Now I have the random impulse to have an event like that sometime near the end of the game, where my character, Krysteenah, gives the player a bunch of free berries - just as a random easter egg/joke reference to the metaphor I used in that post... for anyone who saw it here... :P

I dunno what kind of berries. Wait! It's the I Dunno - er - I mean Enigma Berry! >.< That probably will be one of them... XD

If you feel like making it actually do something. In Gen 3 the Enigma berry is just a placeholder for the E-reader berries, which were only compatible with R/S.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Sorry, Kaylee, I'm really sorry, it's just even though I can script well, I only knew how to make a disappear command on Pokescript, not XSE, so once I find out, my scripting input will be MUCH faster.It's done, I'll PM it to you.

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • *bump* *whistles*

No, really, I do have something to say, honest. I was drawing the heroine (female hero for anyone who might not know >.<) so I can hopefully scan the drawing and use it to make the sprite. I still need to draw the hero, the boy, but I really like the pic I did of the heroine.

Also sorry I missed all those comments - it seems that they were un-new by the time I refreshed on the user CP page... (I'm subscribed to my thread, of course. >.<)

It would be fun to make the Enigma Berry do something, if I could. I even know something cool for it to do, possibly... Related to (but not the same as) something made up by me for the roleplay/stories of my sister and I...

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
    Years
  • Well I've been back from my vacation now for a few days and I still eagerly await your opinion on any of the songs I wrote :).

It's a bit difficult to move on if I don't know if you like or don't like whatever I wrote already. And if you honestly don't like the songs I sent you, let me know, it's fine. I'd rather not waste my time writing music you don't like right?

PS: It's kind of hard for me to write town music for some reason lol. I guess I'll go work on the rest of your list instead, but I just cant seem to write decent town music for some reason. I've written over 50 songs for dungeons in games I've made or hacked, but I've actually never written music for a town lol... Also I hope the hack is going well.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Okay, thanks Illuminknight. It's okay, I love that second one, and want to use it for the deep forest part of the game. I've downloaded Anvil Studio, so I will just do all the town music myself. ^^ So I guess we're joint musicians on the project now. :D

Now, for an update:
    I seem to have finished the hero and heroine before being happy with Team Rocket.
    So, here they are:

I'm hoping to get large pictures of them up just for looks. I drew them, and then sprited them based on the picture I drew. I'm going to redo Team Rocket based on the same principle, using pictures online, so you can all look forward to that (or not, whatever you like ;)).

EDIT: And also... Would my team like their own userbars?

Back