• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)

I am thinking of replacing the Crystal Type ability with normal attacks, since it's bugged for 3/4 o

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
    I was looking around a bit.
    The situation is like this:
    -Pokemon TCG has a byte to identify cards. So about 30 cards can be added without much work. It has already been done!! 254 cards are possible.
    -Pokemon TCG2 has more cardslots (64k spots?).
    The disassambly of Pokemob tcg2 is in the works, but it will take some time.

If anyone is interested, you can join the disassambly discord and support the project by participating or just thanking the guys working on it🙂.

Just google pokemon tcg dissambly and you will find a discord link (Discord Server name is "pret")

^^ where has the card expansion been done? I initially believed I could expand the card size to 254/255 like you mentioned, but the problem is that in practice, the "cards" file becomes too big for the rom to handle. Because of this, I can currently only create 2 more cards before it gets too big.

I have tried ButteredPotato's expansion, both of them, but it hasn't worked yet because of a lot of errors. So can you point me to the source where it was done?

Years
    • Seen today
    ^^ where has the card expansion been done? I initially believed I could expand the card size to 254/255 like you mentioned, but the problem is that in practice, the "cards" file becomes too big for the rom to handle. Because of this, I can currently only create 2 more cards before it gets too big.

I have tried ButteredPotato's expansion, both of them, but it hasn't worked yet because of a lot of errors. So can you point me to the source where it was done?

What errors do you get? I've been using it for a month and I haven't had any problems.

You just have to add the card to Card.asm to the last of the row or else it causes problems with the PokePower and Modify the Card_constans to add the "ID" and its corresponding value.

By doing this I added 6 cards without a problem. I seem to remember that when I installed it for the first time I got an error but I solved it easily, but I don't remember what it was.

Cataclyptic

Years
    What errors do you get? I've been using it for a month and I haven't had any problems.

You just have to add the card to Card.asm to the last of the row or else it causes problems with the PokePower and Modify the Card_constans to add the "ID" and its corresponding value.

By doing this I added 6 cards without a problem. I seem to remember that when I installed it for the first time I got an error but I solved it easily, but I don't remember what it was.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=503955 Check here for more info, but the primary error is this:

error: src/layout.link(83): Sections would extend past the end of ROMX ($801f > $7fff)

^^ basically, the "cards" section goes past the limit if I add more than 2 cards to it. In the example above, I (think?) added 26 cards and went way past the limit, so cygwin went "lol nope".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=503955 Check here for more info, but the primary error is this:

error: src/layout.link(83): Sections would extend past the end of ROMX ($801f > $7fff)

^^ basically, the "cards" section goes past the limit if I add more than 2 cards to it. In the example above, I (think?) added 26 cards and went way past the limit, so cygwin went "lol nope".

Well it seems that the problem is more complex than I thought, honestly I have no idea what causes it.
    Did you try installing the Patch on a New Disassembly? When I installed Mine I did it practically from the beginning, I had only replaced Some Sprites, but I had not touched any of the code. I also don't know how much you may have changed it, but I suppose you can try.

Cataclyptic

Years
    Well it seems that the problem is more complex than I thought, honestly I have no idea what causes it.
    Did you try installing the Patch on a New Disassembly? When I installed Mine I did it practically from the beginning, I had only replaced Some Sprites, but I had not touched any of the code. I also don't know how much you may have changed it, but I suppose you can try.

How do you install patches on things? Haven't tried that yet.

Years
    • Seen today
    How do you install patches on things? Haven't tried that yet.

If I remember correctly it was simply open cygwin, enter the Poketcg folder and write "git apply ducklett.patch" and thus begin the installation process, isn't that what you were doing?

Cataclyptic

Years
    If I remember correctly it was simply open cygwin, enter the Poketcg folder and write "git apply ducklett.patch" and thus begin the installation process, isn't that what you were doing?

Nah I was manually copying code because of all the edits I made in TCG NEO. And the last time I tried to patch a file with that command and patch it gave me tons of errors. Although maybe he fixed it since last, if you are able to use it?

Cataclyptic

Years

Alright I had to convert CRLF lines to LF lines int he ducklett patch (I have no idea what that is but I did it) and it finally worked properly! I was able to add 26 dummy cards to the game this time before it gave me errors. To everyone: 1.3 will have 26 new cards! Maybe more if I get rid of say, useless trainers like Recycle, which no one ever used I think. I'll consider it!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Alright I had to convert CRLF lines to LF lines int he ducklett patch (I have no idea what that is but I did it) and it finally worked properly! I was able to add 26 dummy cards to the game this time before it gave me errors. To everyone: 1.3 will have 26 new cards! Maybe more if I get rid of say, useless trainers like Recycle, which no one ever used I think. I'll consider it!

This sounds exciting! Another reason to give this a spin again!

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024
    Alright I had to convert CRLF lines to LF lines int he ducklett patch (I have no idea what that is but I did it) and it finally worked properly!

Different file systems handle line breaks differently. Windows uses the command characters for both CR (Carriage Return, move the cursor to the front of the line) and LF (Line Feed, move the cursor down without moving it to the beginning of the line). Unix systems like Linux only use Line Feed (LF) to designate a new line.

Years
    • Seen today
    Oh please do! We really hate useless cards like Recycle. If anything, it makes the grind to obtain all of them easier as perhaps, you can pull cards that can actually be worth something instead of dump cards like that. I call useless cards like that pack filler.

Days
    • Seen today

Do you have an idea of what cards you're planning to add?

Days
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I saw this on a live video and I do have a question about playing on mobile. I have MyBoy and MyOldBoy but neither seem to register the game. So my question is it playable on mobile and if so, which app do I need? 😅

Years
    • Seen today
    I saw this on a live video and I do have a question about playing on mobile. I have MyBoy and MyOldBoy but neither seem to register the game. So my question is it playable on mobile and if so, which app do I need? 😅

MyOldBoy should be enough. It may not recognize it because the Application does not have the Permissions or because you are trying to Play the Patch instead of the Rom.

Days
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    MyOldBoy should be enough. It may not recognize it because the Application does not have the Permissions or because you are trying to Play the Patch instead of the Rom.

I've added the whole folder into MyOldBoy but it it won't register it. I'll try the dropbox link now. I used the top download link for it

Years
    • Seen today
    I've added the whole folder into MyOldBoy but it it won't register it. I'll try the dropbox link now. I used the top download link for it

If you are simply Decompressing the Zip, then you only have the IPS Files, You have to use a Program to Patch the original Game, You can Use Rom Patcher or UniPatcher for that which are Phone Applications or Use Rom Patcher JS which is an Online one.

Days
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    If you are simply Decompressing the Zip, then you only have the IPS Files, You have to use a Program to Patch the original Game, You can Use Rom Patcher or UniPatcher for that which are Phone Applications or Use Rom Patcher JS which is an Online one.

Lucky for me i have rom patcher JS already installed. I'll try that and see if it works

Back