• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)

I am thinking of replacing the Crystal Type ability with normal attacks, since it's bugged for 3/4 o

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Days
    • Seen today
    In the documents section, it gives a list of every card found in game and where to obtain them.

Nice! I'll look at that later!

Well, that won't be a problem in V1.3 regardless, since I turned it into an attack.

Update on progress for anyone interested: the new ETA is middle/ late January. V 1.3 is genuinely close to being done but as per usual, my job is interfering with my work.
    It will undoubtedly be worth the wait.

Days
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Really fun rom hack. Ps. Fuck you rick give me that me medal dick'ead

Attachments

• Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)
      PXL_20240107_015953688.jpg
      963.1 KB · Views: 12
    • Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)
      PXL_20240107_020011024.jpg
      985.1 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    The game is really great and I really enjoy playing it.

I played version 1.2. One bug was that with the Pokemon power of Typhlosion (1), all my cards in my hand were gone, even though I should have about 10 cards.

In version 1.25 I noticed that opponents using the Azumarill (2) use the attack Amnesia, but the attack that was actually blocked still works.

I would be very happy about further bug fixes and new versions of the game. The project is really exciting.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • The game is really great and I really enjoy playing it.

I played version 1.2. One bug was that with the Pokemon power of Typhlosion (1), all my cards in my hand were gone, even though I should have about 10 cards.

In version 1.25 I noticed that opponents using the Azumarill (2) use the attack Amnesia, but the attack that was actually blocked still works.

I would be very happy about further bug fixes and new versions of the game. The project is really exciting.

The Typhlosion one is already known and dealt with, V1.3 will have the fix. Can you give me more details on the Azumarill2 glitch though? I just tested it and it worked no problem. (Or maybe I already dealt with it and just forgot about it...?)

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I already love this game! It's so much more fun than the original, by far. My only question: Is there a 2nd kind of Eevee, or only the one? I -really- want to make an Eeveelution deck, using the Eevee cards, Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon, along with Entei, Raikou, and Suicune and Lugia, but A: I can't figure out how to get more Eevees (I only have 2, lol) and B: If there's only 1 kind of Eevee card, that automatically ruins my plan lmao

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Any plans to maybe port over some music tracks from the sequel GB2? The soundtrack was expanded with a ton of new tracks. Would be nice to have some more varied music here too.

Such an amazingly mad project, the type of thing I never thought I'd see, I'm shocked by the skill and quality.

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Years
  • I already love this game! It's so much more fun than the original, by far. My only question: Is there a 2nd kind of Eevee, or only the one? I -really- want to make an Eeveelution deck, using the Eevee cards, Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon, along with Entei, Raikou, and Suicune and Lugia, but A: I can't figure out how to get more Eevees (I only have 2, lol) and B: If there's only 1 kind of Eevee card, that automatically ruins my plan lmao
    Sorry, there's only 1 kind of eevee in this game.

Days
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    I would really love to play although I'm no good with the tech stuff🙃 I have downloaded the file and attached a version of the game into the file, I add the game folder to "my oldboy" emulator as I was told it has an auto patching thing... the game loads however its just the original. In the readme, I'm unable to click on the the lunar exe to patch. I am doing all this on my phone, does it need to be done on a computer? Any help much appreciated🤗

Days
    • Seen today
    I would really love to play although I'm no good with the tech stuff🙃 I have downloaded the file and attached a version of the game into the file, I add the game folder to "my oldboy" emulator as I was told it has an auto patching thing... the game loads however its just the original. In the readme, I'm unable to click on the the lunar exe to patch. I am doing all this on my phone, does it need to be done on a computer? Any help much appreciated🤗
    Try the Unipatcher app from the google store. Made it so much easier for me in the long run.

Days
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Try the Unipatcher app from the google store. Made it so much easier for me in the long run.
    I put the lunar ips.exe file in the "patch file" however it says "error, unknown patch format"🙃 I have become a grandad at technology lol. I will try once I get my hands on a laptop. Thanks for the help tho👌

Days
    • Seen today
    I put the lunar ips.exe file in the "patch file" however it says "error, unknown patch format"🙃 I have become a grandad at technology lol. I will try once I get my hands on a laptop. Thanks for the help

I put the lunar ips.exe file in the "patch file" however it says "error, unknown patch format"🙃 I have become a grandad at technology lol. I will try once I get my hands on a laptop. Thanks for the help tho👌
    Try this. Download a copy of Pokémon Trading Card Game and then extract the files with win.rar. Do the same thing with TCG Neo. That should do it.

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Not sure if this is on the bug list yet, but Dragonair's Healing Light ability sometimes doesn't work. In 1.2, it worked about 65% of the time, and in 1.25, I've noticed it working about 80% of the time, but the bug is identical, essentially, some percentage of the time, I go to click to remove the damage counter and nothing happens and then it says I cannot use the ability more than once perturn and the damage remains. Thanks for such an awesome project, and also wondering if you are ever looking for input or assistance?

Edit: I see that you will be changing Healing Light to an attack. I'm hoping that you don't!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    I have been having a bug in the 1.2 version. I didn't see it mentioned in the bug fixes, but its pretty debilitating. Occasionally while playing, the game will start controlling all of my actions in a match until its conclusion about half way through a match. It seems to happen more when i use clefable's ability. I think it may be pulling code from ram or something like that because weird things start to happen like full damage pokemon continueing to fight and double poison coming from no where.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Not sure if this is on the bug list yet, but Dragonair's Healing Light ability sometimes doesn't work. In 1.2, it worked about 65% of the time, and in 1.25, I've noticed it working about 80% of the time, but the bug is identical, essentially, some percentage of the time, I go to click to remove the damage counter and nothing happens and then it says I cannot use the ability more than once perturn and the damage remains. Thanks for such an awesome project, and also wondering if you are ever looking for input or assistance?

Edit: I see that you will be changing Healing Light to an attack. I'm hoping that you don't!

Yeah, it will be an attack. Half because if its an attack, the AI can use it and glitches like this won't happen, and half because as an ability it can create certain exploits to make the game easier. Don't worry though, as it will be buffed to heal 1 damage from all your pokes in play on attack, much like the official card.

I have been having a bug in the 1.2 version. I didn't see it mentioned in the bug fixes, but its pretty debilitating. Occasionally while playing, the game will start controlling all of my actions in a match until its conclusion about half way through a match. It seems to happen more when i use clefable's ability. I think it may be pulling code from ram or something like that because weird things start to happen like full damage pokemon continueing to fight and double poison coming from no where.
    This was a hotfix in V1.25. I will check the Moonlight code again, but it should have been fixed in that version. On my end, I still haven't seen any glitches from it despite constant playtesting in my (beta) V1.3 so it should be good.

Days
    • Seen today
    I know you said you're nearly finished with 1.3. But I'm still wondering what new cards we're gonna expect. Think you could give us a little teaser on what new Pokémon we'd be getting?

Days
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Great ROM hack! I think it's somewhat more difficult than the original and has made evolutions viable/necessary.

Is there a thread for posting and discussing deck builds? Kinda wondering how many other people are running minimum mons, like 4 cards total, around a dozen energy and 40+ trainer cards.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Ladies and Gentlemen of Pokecommunity, this is the final thread bump I will give.

Version 1.3 is finally released! It contains new effects, new balance changes, new pokemon, the kitchen sink and a brand new version!!

The repository should be updated soon as well, and it even includes the card expansion mod, meaning that my game can be easily used as a base for anyone to hack!

Thank you all for playing!

Days
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Ladies and Gentlemen of Pokecommunity, this is the final thread bump I will give.

Version 1.3 is finally released! It contains new effects, new balance changes, new pokemon, the kitchen sink and a brand new version!!

The repository should be updated soon as well, and it even includes the card expansion mod, meaning that my game can be easily used as a base for anyone to hack!

Thank you all for playing!

Thank you for your time and effort!!

I tried booting up the game with my old save file, and it seems like almost all my old trainer cards are gone haha. For some reason, the only ones I still have are professor elm, team rocket's evil deeds, and mail from bill. It's probably to be expected, since I imagine the order of the cards was reshuffled. I still seem to have most of my pokemon cards though, like multiple copies of the legendary cards, shadow lugia, and promo cards like unown. I would like to try the new cards, but I'm not sure if I'm up to playing the game all over again. Do you know if there are any cards you obtain during the playthrough that cannot be obtained postgame? Master ball shouldn't be a problem because I can easily get 4 more copies from the challenge cup.

Last edited:
    Back