• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Potential Spoilers? Sun and Moon to have PG 13 themes?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    As we know, Yo-Kai Watch is already extremely popular with kids so if we had Sun & Moon aimed at older players (and is only recommended for older players due to a mature rating classification) it'll be bad for Pokemon who are trying so desperately to win back fans who switched to Team Yo-Kai.

That's true, totally forgot about Yo-Kai to be honest.
    But I heard somewhere that Yo-Kai didn't work much in western countries, and that Pokemon is still more popular?

Years
    That's true, totally forgot about Yo-Kai to be honest.
    But I heard somewhere that Yo-Kai didn't work much in western countries, and that Pokemon is still more popular?

You're right, Team Pokemon is still winning internationally and I think it's because the Yo-Kai designs are very Japanese (hence why it's extremely loved by Japanese kids) while Pokemon's appeal to a bit more of a wider fanbase.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm not entierly sure what the rating indicates but if Pokemon games include gambling then I guess it could mean the return of the Game Corner. Did the eShop titles of RBY include the Game Corner or was it edited out?

Years
    I'm not entierly sure what the rating indicates but if Pokemon games include gambling then I guess it could mean the return of the Game Corner. Did the eShop titles of RBY include the Game Corner or was it edited out?

I think it was actually left in, the only real edit I think was Jynx's sprite which edited out its original black face. I can't see a Game Corner in S/M given PEGI's ratings system that changed around the time of Platinum. Maybe there might be another new feature in S/M that isn't exactly the Game Corner but something that's also related to gambling.

If we do get a new gambling-based feature, I could imagine how the PEGI rating in Europe would be (since they were to blame for the Game Corner changes in HG/SS and the eventual phasing out of the facility) or even parents feeling concerned about their kids growing up into gambling addicts. It's going to heavily alienate the main child demographic if you ask me.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

Yes, VC red and blue remain completely untouched. Even every glitch is in tact for nostalgia purposes. Yellow changes jynx sprite though as pointed out.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    If we do get a new gambling-based feature, I could imagine how the PEGI rating in Europe would be (since they were to blame for the Game Corner changes in HG/SS and the eventual phasing out of the facility) or even parents feeling concerned about their kids growing up into gambling addicts. It's going to heavily alienate the main child demographic if you ask me.

I just realized something! Could it be possible that maybe there are two ratings in the data (E10+ and T) because it's being distributed in different countries that have different rules of how "mature" the gambling feature might be? To put it simply, the US release would have the E10+ rating, and Europe would get the T rating? I'm not sure if the rating would actually apply different in different countries or not, but I thought that might be a possibility.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I just realized something! Could it be possible that maybe there are two ratings in the data (E10+ and T) because it's being distributed in different countries that have different rules of how "mature" the gambling feature might be? To put it simply, the US release would have the E10+ rating, and Europe would get the T rating? I'm not sure if the rating would actually apply different in different countries or not, but I thought that might be a possibility.

I'd say it's possible, but I don't know how likely.

E3 is very western dominated, it's why Japan had it's own E3 recap special today. It was because E3 airs at bad times for them, and most miss it. I could see this being similar to Europe as well. Thus it doesn't make sense for this rating to be from non western( or apply to non western) countries, if it comes from info at such a western dominated event.

I don't know how E3 works with Europe's timezones, but maybe this could apply to both. Even then, mild language and alcohol still stand out, but the gambling would make sense.

Which reminds me, if the GC is back, please give me nothing like voltorb flip. I'll take the classic slots please Gamefreak.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Probably not. The PAL region (basically Europe+Oceania) is under the PEGI rating system, and not the ESRB system North America uses. ESRB uses letters, while PEGI uses numbers; there technically is no "T" or "E" ratings in PAL.

Years
    Probably not. The PAL region (basically Europe+Oceania) is under the PEGI rating system, and not the ESRB system North America uses. ESRB uses letters, while PEGI uses numbers; there technically is no "T" or "E" ratings in PAL.

Australia uses its own ratings system btw, and main series Pokemon games tend to be PG for us. It's just that some people don't remember all the regional differences.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Australia uses its own ratings system btw, and main series Pokemon games tend to be PG for us. It's just that some people don't remember all the regional differences.
    Oh, you don't? What do you guys use then?

Years
    Oh, you don't? What do you guys use then?

Ours is the Office of Film & Literature Classification (OFLC), alternatively the Australian Classification Board (ACB). While there are some things we share with Europe there are other things we don't share. Main series Pokemon games here mainly get PG which is equivalent to 7 for PEGI and E for ESRB.

Reactions: Nah

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Also, js, Pokemon has had "girls in biknis" before. If anything, this game will be rated "E10+" if said ~PG-13~ themes are in it. Pokemon is for kids. It always will be.

Also, 4chan is untrustworthy.

Years
    Also, js, Pokemon has had "girls in biknis" before. If anything, this game will be rated "E10+" if said ~PG-13~ themes are in it. Pokemon is for kids. It always will be.

The bikinis in this game are more visible than they have ever been since we now have full-sized models in the overworld as opposed to chibis, but then again we always had a trainer class (female Swimmers) that wear bikins so I don't get why they're making a fuss over how it's "too hot for kids". And of course I don't usually trust 4chan either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It's funny that Pokemon can get women in bikini for an E game while other more mature Nintendo games get the swimsuits censored ( I look at you Tokyo Mirage Session #FE and Fatal Frame )

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

Well they weren't lying. As I said 4chan is good for hacking/datamining, it gets a bad rep though.

And I even posted a picture of it myself on the first page from my screenshotted desktop. The info in question is indeed there, and this was an official E3 site. A twitter leaker leaked all the presentations( not the games, but what to expect next in each conference). He was right completely for all of them, and when it was over he gave out that username and password info for all who weren't press to see what the press got.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I really have my doubts on this. 4Chan barely has any true leaks and no other news sites (or Serebii) seem to have reported on it.

Also, I'm no computer master, but can't this easily be faked?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I really have my doubts on this. 4Chan barely has any true leaks and no other news sites (or Serebii) seem to have reported on it.

Also, I'm no computer master, but can't this easily be faked?

No, its not fake at all. It comes directly from Nintendo's E3 press kit. If you hex edit it, you can see this info. It's nothing anyone could change. It's 100% there.

Years
    I usually don't trust 4chan, but if what Zoro is saying it appears they have leaked something that was actually true for once. It'll be interesting that if these themes will affect how these games will be rated compared to other main series titles.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    No, its not fake at all. It comes directly from Nintendo's E3 press kit. If you hex edit it, you can see this info. It's nothing anyone could change. It's 100% there.
    Huh, so it is.

I still find it a little odd how no other site seems to have reported on this, or that Nintendo would talk about its suggestive theme, alcohol use, etc. if the game hasn't been rated yet. Not that it's fake, just... Odd.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Huh, so it is.

I still find it a little odd how no other site seems to have reported on this, or that Nintendo would talk about its suggestive theme, alcohol use, etc. if the game hasn't been rated yet. Not that it's fake, just... Odd.

Do we even have full ratings yet? I don't think we have? If not, then we usually don't get the rating till later. I don't think the themes will be displayed, but just be there and sort of something the player finds.

No site reporting on it is odd though, but it doesn't seem to be widespread enough yet.

Back