• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Kross, Dexter Lumis and now Hit Row (minus Swerve). Is this going to be a weekly thing for the time being, where people who were released are going to be brought back each week and this builds to the one big return of a major star or stars? Sasha & Naomi, Bray Wyatt, Johnny Gargano, etc? That would be fun to watch, just to see how long the surprises can continue to happen and also to see how AEW might react to them perhaps.

Reportedly? Yes. The word is Triple H apparently 'isn't taking his foot off the gas pedal' anytime soon and it will happen each show. But yeah eventually they will run out.

I'm guessing Sasha and Naomi will return sometime around the Women's Tag Title Finals. Either stop the match before or during it. Or after the match. They might even go as far as them jumping in as 'mystery assailants' and then they take off their 'ski masks' or whatever for a 'shock reveal' and then do a worked shoot (MJF and CM Punk style) where they go off on everything that happened. But that last part is more my wishful thinking lol

Bray and Gargano have reportedly already been contacted. I'm not aware of other names that aren't in AEW outside of Tegan Nox but I feel like she's injury prone. 😬

Time will tell.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    Reportedly? Yes. The word is Triple H apparently 'isn't taking his foot off the gas pedal' anytime soon and it will happen each show. But yeah eventually they will run out.

I'm guessing Sasha and Naomi will return sometime around the Women's Tag Title Finals. Either stop the match before or during it. Or after the match. They might even go as far as them jumping in as 'mystery assailants' and then they take off their 'ski masks' or whatever for a 'shock reveal' and then do a worked shoot (MJF and CM Punk style) where they go off on everything that happened. But that last part is more my wishful thinking lol

Bray and Gargano have reportedly already been contacted. I'm not aware of other names that aren't in AEW outside of Tegan Nox but I feel like she's injury prone. 😬

Time will tell.

And one would hope that these former WWE stars are being brought back with some solid creative having been pitched to them and not just return to be in the news headlines for a short while before fading into the background. Because how many prominent spots are left in the top card scene before you start looking at the mid-card and under? You had said in a previous post that maybe Gargano might be brought back to spend some time in NXT. I would worry about that because he would look out of place there now, even more than another 1.0 original like Roderick Strong who has managed to fit in quite well under 2.0 thanks to Diamond Mine. Grayson Waller is there and perhaps that would mean a Gargano/Waller story, but still...

I think bring back Sasha and Naomi after the Finals of the tournament, especially if the winning team is made up of heels, because when those two return they will get a major face reaction. We can't get a repeat of Becky Lynch last year or Seth Rollins in 2016 where people were so happy to see them back but both of them returned as heels. Whatever happened to Sasha and Naomi could be used as material for some fiery face promos.

Okay, if they've been contacted then that's a start. AEW is still a fine alternative but it remains a really packed place, Bray and/or Gargano might not get to shine as much as they should over there now. I haven't heard or seen anything about Tegan Nox until your post 😅 after she was gone from WWE I haven't kept up with her at all and it sucks because it was just bad luck after bad luck for her over there. I don't know if she'll go back.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I just wanted to get your opinions about something, because I've been thinking about it and would like to get a sense of what the interest level is at least from the active posters on this thread:

Do you think Triple H and Tony Khan would be willing to put together a joint PPV/PLE someday if there is enough of a push for it to happen from wrestling fans? If Vince was still in charge, definitely not 😂, but to me Triple H comes off as someone who would listen to fans, as long as they are not being obnoxious and we've seen that Tony Khan engages with fans on social media from time to time. So what could happen if fans of both companies took the initiative and built up interest for the two companies to come together and create something similar to Forbidden Door? I'm sure there are plenty of talent in both companies who would jump at the chance to compete against their counterparts on such an event (even if they won't admit it in public). Personally I do hope such an event happens someday, while we still have so much amazing talent that's active and available in either company, but I don't think waiting for Triple H and Tony to meet is the answer. Instead, it will require fans to WANT for it to happen and push hard for it. Whether it's through social media or via podcasts, videos, newsletters, blogs, vlogs, forums, Reddit etc or even creating a PPV-style design and putting it on a shirt and getting those passed around and we see people wearing them at live events, conventions and so on. Stuff like that. Is that all possible?

What say you?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I just wanted to get your opinions about something, because I've been thinking about it and would like to get a sense of what the interest level is at least from the active posters on this thread:

Do you think Triple H and Tony Khan would be willing to put together a joint PPV/PLE someday if there is enough of a push for it to happen from wrestling fans? If Vince was still in charge, definitely not 😂, but to me Triple H comes off as someone who would listen to fans, as long as they are not being obnoxious and we've seen that Tony Khan engages with fans on social media from time to time. So what could happen if fans of both companies took the initiative and built up interest for the two companies to come together and create something similar to Forbidden Door? I'm sure there are plenty of talent in both companies who would jump at the chance to compete against their counterparts on such an event (even if they won't admit it in public). Personally I do hope such an event happens someday, while we still have so much amazing talent that's active and available in either company, but I don't think waiting for Triple H and Tony to meet is the answer. Instead, it will require fans to WANT for it to happen and push hard for it. Whether it's through social media or via podcasts, videos, newsletters, blogs, vlogs, forums, Reddit etc or even creating a PPV-style design and putting it on a shirt and getting those passed around and we see people wearing them at live events, conventions and so on. Stuff like that. Is that all possible?

What say you?

No. Never going to happen. Vince would have a hissyfit. I know he's not in power anymore but he would literally call every 5 seconds to complain about this potentially happening.

Even TK has come out recently stating that he believes it'll never happen.

Anyway...

Everyone be f-ing glad that Vince is gone. Reportedly after the July 4 Raw... 'those in power at the time' (Vince and his yes men) were planning on burying Gunther (Walter) with the IC title

DODGED A BULLET ON THAT ONE 😬

Years
    • Seen today
    I attended my first live episode of Raw last night. Was not too far off from the ring either.

It was so much fun. The pyro was much louder than I thought too.

These guys are so much bigger in person too. Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley are huge.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I apologize for anyone who might hate what I'm about to say... but... I honestly can't take this anymore. I really can't.

I'm getting sick and f-ing tired of AEW bashing WWE and making it seem like them going out of business would be such a great thing. How about you explain to me how this happening is such a great thing? BECAUSE IT'S NOT. Not only that... this isn't a 'every so often' kind of situation. It's happening LITERALLY. EVERY. F-ING. WEEK. It's sickening, tiring, embarrassing and downright petty. THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BS ANYMORE. I'm sorry. There just isn't. I could forgive it before. Because there was an obvious reason why. But now? No longer. THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH WWE IS NOW GONE AND HOPEFULLY FOR GOOD. I understand that there is still work to be done and Vince yes men that need to be gotten rid of (Pritchard, Dunn, Kosky and Hayes) but it's not going to happen overnight and will more than likely take a year+ for this to eventually happen. Did they not get the memo or something? Or did they and they just chose not to give a shit? Okay if that's the case then don't expect me to keep watching then. I'm sick and god damn tired of it and I don't think I'm going to take it anymore. If they keep it up... and it happens again... I will quit watching. I'm not joking.

Sorry. This is just how I legitimately feel about this.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    No. Never going to happen. Vince would have a hissyfit. I know he's not in power anymore but he would literally call every 5 seconds to complain about this potentially happening.

Even TK has come out recently stating that he believes it'll never happen.

Anyway...

Everyone be f-ing glad that Vince is gone. Reportedly after the July 4 Raw... 'those in power at the time' (Vince and his yes men) were planning on burying Gunther (Walter) with the IC title

DODGED A BULLET ON THAT ONE 😬

😂 I was just curious to find out much power fans might have, given that when it comes to letting a promotion know which talent they want to see getting pushed towards titles or when someone should turn heel/face, fans have been the driving force behind that for years. So I wondered, do fans have enough power to bring major promotions together and create a PPV event? Even promotions like WWE and AEW. I won't say never just yet 😂 I still think if fans really want it to happen, it could.

How were they planning to bury him after booking him like they had done up to that point? It seemed like he was impressive enough to Vince and co. to be positioned pretty well. And now with Vince gone, if we can't get the Walter name restored maybe we could at least see Gunther have the Imperium theme back some time.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I attended my first live episode of Raw last night. Was not too far off from the ring either.

These guys are so much bigger in person too. Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley are huge.

Thanks for sharing that, I'm glad you had a great time there. Any more highlights that you saw? Stuff which might not have made it on TV?

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for sharing that, I'm glad you had a great time there. Any more highlights that you saw? Stuff which might not have made it on TV?

Thank you, it was an excellent show.

Not too much, seemed to be strictly for television and there was no dark match or extra segment at the end. We did catch the Main Event tapings and it's amazing how fast the crew changes the ring.

Years
    I apologize for anyone who might hate what I'm about to say... but... I honestly can't take this anymore. I really can't.

I'm getting sick and f-ing tired of AEW bashing WWE and making it seem like them going out of business would be such a great thing. How about you explain to me how this happening is such a great thing? BECAUSE IT'S NOT. Not only that... this isn't a 'every so often' kind of situation. It's happening LITERALLY. EVERY. F-ING. WEEK. It's sickening, tiring, embarrassing and downright petty. THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BS ANYMORE. I'm sorry. There just isn't. I could forgive it before. Because there was an obvious reason why. But now? No longer. THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH WWE IS NOW GONE AND HOPEFULLY FOR GOOD. I understand that there is still work to be done and Vince yes men that need to be gotten rid of (Pritchard, Dunn, Kosky and Hayes) but it's not going to happen overnight and will more than likely take a year+ for this to eventually happen. Did they not get the memo or something? Or did they and they just chose not to give a shit? Okay if that's the case then don't expect me to keep watching then. I'm sick and god damn tired of it and I don't think I'm going to take it anymore. If they keep it up... and it happens again... I will quit watching. I'm not joking.

As a random guy once said: Controversy Creates Cash ;)

WWE are the big fish right now, so smaller companies want to insert themselves into their sphere. TNA done it every single week for years.

Years

I met Xavier Woods once, you know the "little guy" out of New Day... he was huge 😅

I seen Strowman wrestle at one point... just omg!

What say you?

I can actually see trips going for that in the future tbh

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    Thank you, it was an excellent show.

Not too much, seemed to be strictly for television and there was no dark match or extra segment at the end. We did catch the Main Event tapings and it's amazing how fast the crew changes the ring.

How was Main Event? I would think even shows like Main Event might start to be a little better to watch under this new creative era. If they can be used to refresh and build Superstars back up before they are featured again on Raw, that would be nice. We haven't seen Omos for some time now, I'm guessing he's been working on Main Event so far? Next time you have the chance to attend a show, feel free to share how the show went. It's cool to hear from people who were there in person 😊

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years

After what has been coming out in the news lately about backstage drama, I'm surprised AEW has time to be throwing shade on WWE 😂 they should focus more on cleaning up their messes first.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I can actually see trips going for that in the future tbh

I was really high on the possibility...until the news came out about WWE reaching out to one AEW talent and trying to make them consider returning to WWE, and then that same talent taking that up to AEW management. So much for the two companies teaming up someday.. 😂

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Braun Strowman is reportedly returning to WWE as soon as this Monday and AEW aren't renewing Bobby Fish's contract. Undisputed Era dead AGAIN this time in AEW.

If you want to know where I'm getting this from... it's from the same place I post all of my other stuff that I post on here. CageSideSeats.

Is it true? I don't know. Time will tell I guess.

Years
    I think healthy rivals are important to keep everyone on their toes and avoid a monopoly situation as we've had in the past...

Hopefully they can all thrive alongside each other!

Years
    There's plenty of modern stars that are every bit as talented! Unfortunately not all of them get utilised properly but that's a different topic!

Back