• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pure Power: Mega Evolution Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years

• But i love Mightyena, he should still get one :P

Farfetchd should get one as well, he is a prettz cool mon.
    I dont care that much about Luvdisc, and i still think it should evolve into Alommola xD

As for Castform, thats an interesting idea! I wonder if his Mega should get a new ability then?

What if it made the weather change based on the move you did :O.
    Fire move - Sunny Day
    Water Move - Rain Dance
    Ground Move - Sand Storm

That'd be cool, yo.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • It basically is.
    Poocheyena is more common than Zigzagoon.
    I just think Mightyena was meant to be not that powerful.

Only in Emerald. In R/S Zigzagoon is waaaaay more common. And either way, I don't think there's a formula to who does or doesn't get a Mega Evolution.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • why are there no Gen V Mega Evolutions?

My guess?? They wanted to give older Pokemon Megas to make them "relevant" again.
    Gen5 wasnt too long ago, and the newer generations that played the games probably know the Unova mons pretty well.
    But imagine a 14 year old that has never had a chance to play a Gen2 or 3 game, and suddenly he sees pokemon like Mega Ampharos, Pinsir, Heracross...

Im sure we will see Gen5 Megas in future Games though

Years

• My guess?? They wanted to give older Pokemon Megas to make them "relevant" again.
    Gen5 wasnt too long ago, and the newer generations that played the games probably know the Unova mons pretty well.
    But imagine a 14 year old that has never had a chance to play a Gen2 or 3 game, and suddenly he sees pokemon like Mega Ampharos, Pinsir, Heracross...

Im sure we will see Gen5 Megas in future Games though

Yeah I agree 5th Gen wasn't that long ago, so I guess they were excluding them from the Mega selection process like they did with 6th Gen Pokemon, to get people to get used to them. But I am hoping we can finally see some 5th Gen Megas come 7th Gen!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Mega Ampharos, Pinsir, Heracross...

Not Heracross. They turned one of the best Pokémon in the game into a...I don't know what, but that's not how I would've tried to get kids to learn about Heracross. But yeah, you do have a point there, they didn't really need to puff up Gen V since it's still fairly relevant.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Not Heracross. They turned one of the best Pokémon in the game into a...I don't know what

I just used Heracross as an example, and i do feel the same way you do.
    Heracross is one of my fave Pokemon, probably my favorite Pokemon without an evolution...
    And GF turned him into some kind of Pinocchio with his mega :(

Even worse, out of all the abilities they could have given him, Skill Link had to be it?? Really?

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Username: AZ Jr
    Partner Mega-Pokèmon: Mega Blaziken
    Why do you want to join?: Mega Evolution is so cool. I knew some Pokèmon needed just a small boost in stats and perhaps a few new abilities and they could be considered competitive. For example, Mega Kangaskan. Kangaskan was a fairly solid Pokèmon, but it's Mega Evolution made one of the best Pokèmon to have on a competitive team. Parental Bond just made it.
    Which Mega-Evolution do you like best? It's really hard to pick between Mega Blaziken and Mega Kangaskan. But Blaziken takes the cake. My first Pokèmon game was Emerald, and Blaziken is by far my favourite (the key word today? Bias!).
    tl:dr storytime
    Spoiler:
    Not only is he a solid Pokèmon, not only does he have a brilliant Mega Evolution, he is by far my favourite Pokèmon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, it's definitely not a wise decision to choose Pin Missile over Megahorn. 8( It would have been if its base power were a little higher, though.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • What Pokemon would you like to see gain a Mega Evolution?

I'd really be happy to see any Gen 1 Pokemon get a Mega Evolution. So many Pokes from Gen 1 have been like, totally forgotten by GF for the mot part, so the vast majority of them aren't competitively viable (you'll notice most of them on Smogon are NU, even most of the fully evolved Pokes). Nowadays Pokemon are designed with competitive battling in mind, but back then competitive battling wasn't really a big thing, so I don't think GF had competitive viability in mind when designing them, at least not to the same extent as newer Pokemon. Something should be done about this!

Pretty much any fully evolved Pokemon from Gen 1 should get a Mega, in my opinion.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I agree that gen 1 should really get some more shine,also what about mega fossil pokemon?

Years
  • Nobody, I mean NOBODY wants to run Heracross with Pin Missile in place of Megahorn. Why would you?

Yeah, thank god I chose X over Y. Pinsir's Mega was way cooler (and better) than his counterpart Heracross. Pin Missile may be tempting with Skill Link but it's still a rather weak move, and I think Moxie is what makes Heracross' non-Mega even better in my opinion.

I agree that gen 1 should really get some more shine,also what about mega fossil pokemon?

Mega Fossil Pokemon? We already have Aerodactyl. But I would like to see the other fossils shine in future generations too.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Yeah,I meant other mega fossils :) forgot to emphasise

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Yeah, thank god I chose X over Y. Pinsir's Mega was way cooler (and better) than his counterpart Heracross. Pin Missile may be tempting with Skill Link but it's still a rather weak move, and I think Moxie is what makes Heracross' non-Mega even better in my opinion.

I agree. Aerialate is a great ability on Mega Pinsir, and it turns Quick Attack into a pretty deadly move. I think X got most of the better Mega Evolutions. I'm not a fan of any of Y's version exclusives. Houndoom is really cool looking, but Solar Power is more trouble than it's worth IMO. Mega Aggron is pretty good too, especially with Filter as its ability, but I definitely like Mega Tyranitar better.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Wake up everybody! How about a new topic?

What starter would you give a Mega Evolution?

Personally I think Mega Typhlosion would be pretty great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back