• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Is the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Platinum harder or easier than Emerald?

If u are looking for an opinion then I would say yes it is. In all they kinda raised the level of difficulty of all aspects with computer trainers.

Years
    If u are looking for an opinion then I would say yes it is. In all they kinda raised the level of difficulty of all aspects with computer trainers.

Also in D/P, there is only the battle tower, where as in Pt there are more buildings that have different rules.

and please don't give me "anything works in-game" I know that. i just wanna here others ideas.

By expansion do you mean the pokemon that were added in Pt?

Last edited:

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    I have a question about the old woman who rest's your pokemon on Route 227... She always asks if you'd like to rest again right after... does anything happen if you rest multipule times or is it just continuous?

Thanks

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What tier is Skymin in? I want one on my OU team but Im not sure of the tier.

Years
    According to Serebii's recent entry, it looks like Skymin is an uber. Also, unless you're using shoddy, you can't use alternate formes outside local battles in platinum, I believe. Just saying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    why does blizzard always fail when i need it? I am trying to beat the elite four and use it on garchomp and it flops every time I try. I have tried 3 times in a row because it kills my pokemon after I try it.

Years
    Blizzard only has an accuracy rate of 70, which is pretty inaccurate. Three solutions to this would be to:
    1. Use hail since that will always make blizzard hit.
    2. Snover/Abomasnow. It has Snow Cloak which summons a hailstorm. Read 1.
    3. Use Ice Beam. It packs just as much of a punch with 100 accuracy.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Im training up my pokemon right now to fight the elite 4 and was wondering were I can get a few lucky eggs to boost the process up. Also wheres a good place to train a staraptor and Magma both leved in high 40's

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Im training up my pokemon right now to fight the elite 4 and was wondering were I can get a few lucky eggs to boost the process up. Also wheres a good place to train a staraptor and Magma both leved in high 40's

Every time you encounter a Chansey there is a 5% chance that it will be holding a Lucky Egg. I suggest catching a Yanma with Compoundeyes (which doubles the chance of a wild pokemon holding an item when the pokemon with Compoundeyes is in the first slot), Then teaching the Yanma Thief, and going to Route 210 to find a Chansey. Every time you encounter one, there will be a 1/10 chance that the Chansey is holding a Lucky Egg. Even if it isn't, there is a chance that it will be holding an Oval Stone, which is a nice consulation.

As for training, go through Victory Road and make sure you have fought every trainer there. If you have, use the Vs. Seeker in Victory Road and on Route 222. They provide some good exp, especially the guy with the Luxray at the west end of Route 222. A final method to leveling (sp?) your Pokemon up is to do a mono-run through the E4 and beat as many Pokes as you can. You will get great exp., through you will lose money every time you lose, so I suggest spending your money on Full Restores/Revives and such first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    Quick question

If this is in the wrong section, please move it and tell me which one it's suppposed to go to. Thanks.

K for the question,
    If you use a stat boosting move like dragon dance in a battle and switch out and switch back in, will the dragon dance still have it's effects?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    A final method to leveling (sp?) your Pokemon up is to do a mono-run through the E4 and beat as many Pokes as you can. You will get great exp., through you will lose money every time you lose, so I suggest spending your money on Full Restores/Revives and such first.

It's been forever since Shadow has whited out against trainers, so I can't recall this.

How much money do you lose in Generation IV for losing to trainers? 1/2 your cash? 1/4? It's seriously been so long that I've forgotten.

And yes, conspiracies! Shadow is asking a question here. Even if it is just curiosity.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If this is in the wrong section, please move it and tell me which one it's suppposed to go to. Thanks.

K for the question,
    If you use a stat boosting move like dragon dance in a battle and switch out and switch back in, will the dragon dance still have it's effects?

No, all stat boosts are canceled out when a Pokemon is switched out of battle.

Years
    Question about blacking out.

Starting with FireRed and LeafGreen, you lose a certain amount of money when you lose a battle instead of half as in previous games.
    I just tested it out with only a lv. 1 Pokemon in my party and about
    600000. When I lost to a wild lv. 22 Geodude, I "dropped
    120 in panic..... *player* blacked out!" I'm not sure how to calculate how much money will be lost every time though.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    This is a question thread, but we actually have a Generation IV Q&A Thread here, in the D/P/Pt section, so please post any future questions you may have in there. ^^ I'll merge this in there for you~

Merges with Generation IV Q&A Thread~

Anyway, out of Mod-Mode, you just have to have a lot of patience, if you don't have a Master Ball or two to throw at your target. Dusk Balls, for the most part, are the better choice for you to use, so long as the Legendary is in a Cave or its Night time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I can't catch legends with ultra balls, how do you catch legends??

Each Pokemon has a catch rate. The higher the number, the easier it is to catch. Rattata has a catch rate of something like 220, meaning it's almost impossible NOT to catch it. Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate of 45, so it'll be harder. The catch rate can be manipulated depending on the type of Poke Ball, the wild Pokemon's HP, any status conditions it has, etc...

Start out using Quick Balls for the first 5 turns, use Dusk Balls from there (assuming it's at night or in a cave)...and if it EVER lasts over 40 turns, then throw out Timer Balls.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I can't catch legends with ultra balls, how do you catch legends??

Well, just lobbing a ball wont help much. You gotta obviously lower its HP. But it seems you know that. Have you tryed to use a status effect? (Sleep, Poision, etc.) That increases cathing percentile, espessially sleep and burn. The ball used also matters a lot. Master Ball is obviously a win, win. Try Timer Balls if the battle grows long. Exactly what legenday are you in need of help of? xD

Back