• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Are spoiler tag buttons missing from the Advanced panel, or am I blind?
    Hmm, which Advanced panel? Posts? VMs? PM?s If you see the
    Spoiler.png
    button, then that's it. :3

Hi there, sorry to bother you, I need a bit of information-
    Basically I am searching for a few spriters for an Pokémon game made with Rpg Maker I'm involved in, but there's no, like, "Team Room" version for Pokémon Essentials. Can I post my message there instead? I'm not searching for Ruby scripters o something like that afterall. If not, where I should post something like this?
    I suggest you contact the moderator of the section and forward your inquiry to them. You're more than likely going to get a better answer from the moderator(s) of a section themselves instead of posting about it in CQ&F as well. :3

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Hmm, which Advanced panel? Posts? VMs? PM?s If you see the
    Spoiler.png
    button, then that's it. :3

I suggest you contact the moderator of the section and forward your inquiry to them. You're more than likely going to get a better answer from the moderator(s) of a section themselves instead of posting about it in CQ&F as well. :3

Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't realize that. Thank you!

Years
  • Just a quick one:

Critic in the Making
    You may not have won PC's Review Contest, but here's a silver pen that should hopefully bring back the memories. The happy ones at least.

The emblems (above) picture is broken. I have the emblem if you need to ref.​

Years
  • Just a quick one:

Critic in the Making
    You may not have won PC's Review Contest, but here's a silver pen that should hopefully bring back the memories. The happy ones at least.

The emblems (above) picture is broken. I have the emblem if you need to ref.​
    Just thought I'd let you know I passed this onto an admin (alongside the image, thank you Wayback machine :P), so hopefully it's fixed soon. :)

Years
  • What's the point of alt accounts?
    I see a lot of users with them. .__.
    Alt accounts have a multitude of purposes. Many users just want a fresh start on PC, or a new name. Some also even use alt accounts for testing purposes as well such as testing themes and/or profile designs.

Those right there are just some of the more common reasons; there are many more reasons as well.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    What's the point of alt accounts?
    I see a lot of users with them. .__.
    Sometimes moderators want to breathe and browse the forums like normal mortals 8) well ok I don't think that's a main reason but it happens. There's not really a point to not allowing alt accounts, as long as you are not creating the illusion of being more than one person.

Years
  • I got a question about avatars and signature pictures:

Say I want to have my avatar change every time a page is loaded with my post/profile in it. Would that be allowed? But mainly I want to do this with the centered picture in my signature where it displays a pokemon pun text on top and the pokemon gif on the bottom.

If so, how would I go about doing that?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Is there a Pokécommunity API? I would like to make a bot for something.

I won't let it post or anything, at most it would send a post comment or PM and only then when requested. So it practically doesn't exist.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I got a question about avatars and signature pictures:

Say I want to have my avatar change every time a page is loaded with my post/profile in it. Would that be allowed? But mainly I want to do this with the centered picture in my signature where it displays a pokemon pun text on top and the pokemon gif on the bottom.

If so, how would I go about doing that?

Only hstaff can do it with avatars. But there are rotating image sites that you can use in your signature, I've done it before. I don't have my code here at work but I think this site works fine. Here's a rotating volcarona image:

djk-3721.png

Edit: I don't think you can do it with text though so you'd be best off turning the text into an image and combining it with the pokemon sprite and then putting it in the rotator.

Years
  • Can you get your supporter status transfered to a different account? Would like to make a new account, due to the inactivity that was on this one, but not sure if it'd be worth it if I can't customize my profile like this. D:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Is there a Pokécommunity API? I would like to make a bot for something.

I won't let it post or anything, at most it would send a post comment or PM and only then when requested. So it practically doesn't exist.

We aren't gonna just let you "make a bot for something" - especially not one that's able to privately contact our users. Even if you were to be more descriptive about what such a bot would do I don't see a reason why you'd need to / should have one, so it's probably a no.

Can you get your supporter status transfered to a different account? Would like to make a new account, due to the inactivity that was on this one, but not sure if it'd be worth it if I can't customize my profile like this. D:

PM Rukario to discuss it. Previously, though, I don't think it's been allowed but I've not heard of much related to this for a while, but it's worth checking.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Is there any way to get rid of the Current Activity feature on my profile? I don't like the idea of someone knowing where I am on the site just by going to my profile lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Is there any way to get rid of the Current Activity feature on my profile? I don't like the idea of someone knowing where I am on the site just by going to my profile lol.
    The only way to do that as far as I know is to use invisible mode.

Years
  • Having not taken care of those TCG "cards with codes", of which I sent the code via private message to some other members here, am hoping it not too late to get those SENT private messages of 2014 'back' in my 'sent box' so these used code cards can be dealt with.

Have gotten into the local TCG scene some what. Am feeling some what guilty over having used codes mixed with unused. More guilty if I sold/resent a an already redeemed code.

Any assists with this will be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Having not taken care of those TCG "cards with codes", of which I sent the code via private message to some other members here, am hoping it not too late to get those SENT private messages of 2014 'back' in my 'sent box' so these used code cards can be dealt with.

Have gotten into the local TCG scene some what. Am feeling some what guilty over having used codes mixed with unused. More guilty if I sold/resent a an already redeemed code.

Any assists with this will be much appreciated.

Since you don't have those PMs saved in your sent box folder, aside from asking an admin to see if they're possibly able to retrieve those codes for you, I'm not really sure if there's anything else you could do, unfortunately.

Edit: Actually, if these members are still around, perhaps you could try sending them a message personally and check if they still have their card codes?

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Didn't feel that my question warranted a thread, so hopefully this'll be the better way to go about asking this question. Thanks in advance to all who can answer my question and hopefully shed some light on this. Whenever I'm uploading an image as an avatar that dosen't have a background, the avatar always appears to have a white background, which really ruins the effect of the image. Is there anything that I can do to edit the image such that it won't have that white background as many of the avatars do (excluding the sprites, of course.) Thanks for all your help. :)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • [...] asking an admin to see if they're possibly able to retrieve those codes for you[...]

I'll just chip in to say that we are absolutely not retrieving private messages. If we were to be able to do that it'd open up so much potential for breach of privacy. I'm sorry that you've lost your codes, but asking an admin won't get you them back.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Usually that happens when the image is of higher quality. Be sure the image is less than 1.00 MB before placing it as an avatar. :)

I've done as per your suggestion, but it seems that when placing gif's as profile pictures they don't play at all. It's just a static image with a big white background. Because I can't link, the sprite that I'm talking about is PkParaiso's Bulbasaur XY attack animation sprite. Going to their website and searching Bulbasaur and scrolling down to the XY Sprite portion should bring up the GIFs. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks all. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back