• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Where is the trade table located for fire red? I would use the tools to modify trades, but Zodiac's isn't dynamic so it doesn't change after the MrDs patch and the one in PGE doesn't seem to work. So I'd rather change the thing myself with a hex editor, but I don't know where it is to change. Pls and thank you.
    0x0826CF8C
    Is there a post about Fire Red not allowing evolutions not in the Kanto Region? Like not letting Eevee evolve into Espeon or Umbreon? I would like to include Fakemon and other region Pokemon before beating the Champion and I'm not sure that the Kanto Pokedex can get expanded when using a tool.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6581409&postcount=1 (evolutions work without National Dex)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Just wondering if it is possible to use more than 16 colours for a sprite in fire red?

No. The GBA is simply not capable of that at a hardware level, I believe.

It might be possible to "cheat" and combine two sprites into one image though.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    No. The GBA is simply not capable of that at a hardware level, I believe.

It might be possible to "cheat" and combine two sprites into one image though.

GBA's sprite OBJs are limited to 64 x 64 pixels size and either 16 color / 16 palette mode or 256-color / 1 palette mode (which obviously isn't realistic for a Pokemon sprite).
    I don't know what the impact on the OBJ Pallete space in RAM is if you try and display 2 sprites per Pokemon. (up to a total of 8 in a double battle)

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    GBA's sprite OBJs are limited to 64 x 64 pixels size and either 16 color / 16 palette mode or 256-color / 1 palette mode (which obviously isn't realistic for a Pokemon sprite).
    I don't know what the impact on the OBJ Pallete space in RAM is if you try and display 2 sprites per Pokemon. (up to a total of 8 in a double battle)

Sorry if this is a noobish question but what does OBJ stand for and what do you mean by "either 16 color / 16 palette mode or 256-color / 1 palette mode"?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    OK, my last question can be [partly] ignored as I have managed to locate the command. The head Sage isn't a trainer so it's wasn't as clear as with other trainers.

Anyway, he now gives Hiro the GS Ball. The issue now is validating it so Kurt will recognise it. The Gameshark validation code requires you to alter the value at DA89. Changing the value through memory viewer in game yields a positive result if you change to 'C0'; however, changing this value in the rom file separately will not work. Once the game boots up it seems to override the value.

Anyone know of how to get the GS validation fixed into the rom?

Also, I'm looking to amend the title screen music with the second unused music on the rom file (value 53), but can't locate where the music array is or the byte at the title screen that points to this list. I have tried looking through the disassembly for clues but with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    Hey guys. Quick question: just checking if someone could hook me up with a Darkrai from this month's event cause I'm from Puerto Rico and they recently closed all Gamestops so I was sadly left Darkrai-less. Anyway, if anyone can help me out, please let me know, it would be much appreciated.

King Arrow Siham

Absolute Disaster
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017
    As I am hacking Pokemon Fire Red US version, I was wondering if it's possible to implement the fishing style of Pokemon RSE here. Also I want to revive the contest system of Pokemon RSE in FR. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance! {^_^}

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hey guys. Quick question: just checking if someone could hook me up with a Darkrai from this month's event cause I'm from Puerto Rico and they recently closed all Gamestops so I was sadly left Darkrai-less. Anyway, if anyone can help me out, please let me know, it would be much appreciated.
    This is the ROM Hacking section, you're better off asking over in the Trade sections.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    quick question, i'm hacking fire red, how do i change the default rival's name? when i'm facing him at the league he's still called green; in the hack i'm skipping the rival's naming part in the intro btw

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • quick question, i'm hacking fire red, how do i change the default rival's name? when i'm facing him at the league he's still called green; in the hack i'm skipping the rival's naming part in the intro btw

There is an intro manager which lets u change the default rival name

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • To Klaww:

I know this is a cheap work around, and won't work with all names, but this simple fix may help.
    The default Rival name starts at 0x1c5758 and spells "GREEN". If you visit
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Character_encoding_in_Generation_III
    You'll find the letter to hex conversion table. You would have to limit this to a 5 letter name, but it would be the easiest way without repointing. a 5 letter example could be "James" which is "C4 D5 E1 D9 E7" in hex. I hope this helps atleast some what... Have a good day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    To Klaww:

I know this is a cheap work around, and won't work with all names, but this simple fix may help.
    The default Rival name starts at 0x1c5758 and spells "GREEN". If you visit
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Character_encoding_in_Generation_III
    You'll find the letter to hex conversion table. You would have to limit this to a 5 letter name, but it would be the easiest way without repointing. a 5 letter example could be "James" which is "C4 D5 E1 D9 E7" in hex. I hope this helps atleast some what... Have a good day.

thanks c:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hmm...

I'm making a hack of FR (using Mr DS's ROMbase)...is it possible to create a multi-hit move that hits 3-5 times as opposed to the normal 2-5?

I want to use this as a signature move for a Pokémon I added, but I'm not quite sure on how to make multi hit moves work.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hmm...

I'm making a hack of FR (using Mr DS's ROMbase)...is it possible to create a multi-hit move that hits 3-5 times as opposed to the normal 2-5?

I want to use this as a signature move for a Pokémon I added, but I'm not quite sure on how to make multi hit moves work.

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • do you know the name? i've tried using intro text editor but that one doesn't work

Download LSA - Intro text editor.
    Load ur rom and go to "Names" section.There, u will see 4 names in Rival. The first name is the default name(Green in FR), change it to whatever you like and save it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Download LSA - Intro text editor.
    Load ur rom and go to "Names" section.There, u will see 4 names in Rival. The first name is the default name(Green in FR), change it to whatever you like and save it.

i've tried it but it doesn't work :/

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Is it possible to fasten up the map making in Advance Map 1.92? Like add several blocks at once than one block of one part of the tree?

Also, how do you add new types? I checked NSE 2.0 and went to Navigate > Pokemon > Hud > and I was supposed to go to > PKMN but I can't find it. Any other way?

How do you change the Starter Pokemons to newer gens? I tried putting Axew using Hex Editor, it showed up the showpic and etc. BUT, I can still pick another one until I got all of them but Prof. Oak still won't let me out of the house.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back