• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate how into Pokémon you are currently on a scale of 1-10

Years
  • Are you extremely into the series right now, being especially interested the various parts of the franchise? Or are you less interested currently and somewhat demotivated for the series? Maybe somewhere in between? What's your rating and (optional) feel free to explain why you feel that way.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • 7/10! Despite not having bought the latest games, I have been decently engaged with the series thanks to replays, fan games and other fan content, as well as following the hype train to the release of S/V. Then again, my engagement with the series has never gone below maybe a 4/10, because it's always there for me. Even when I was more into Star Wars, I was always looking to reengage with the franchise every now and then.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    7 out of 10. Enjoys the main games a lot. Expresses less interest in the other sections. Probably ranks the highest among series interests currently.

Would have ranked it 10 out of 10 in Generation 1 and 2. Delved into multiple areas then. Fell to 3 or 4 throughout Generations 3-5. Played the main games through once, plus maybe a little postgame, and little else.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • 10/10

Truth be told, I don't really play many games other than Pokémon. The only other video game that play often other than Pokémon is Animal Crossing. Other than that, I am really not that much of a gamer. I enjoy practically every aspect of Pokémon, from the adventure, storylines, catching wild Pokémon, and competitive battling. I also enjoy Pokémon's gameplay features such as breeding and EV training to prepare for competitive battles. I also feel like I'm one of the few players that love the direction Pokémon is going. My only complaint thus far is the lack of a full PokéDex in the Nintendo Switch games, but that's a minor complaint and it would never lower my interest in Pokémon. The Pokémon community is also a great aspect of Pokémon, as many people in it seem to be very kind, generous, and respectful, unlike players on Xbox Live that are often racist and disrespectful. I also love the Pokémon anime, but I admit that watching Ash constantly lose was frustrating. However, I love the Pokémon shows that focus more on the video game characters such as Pokémon Generations, Pokémon Chronicles, Pokémon Origins, Pokémon: Twilight Wings, and so on. I believe that should have been the direction the Pokémon main series should have taken after having Ash win the Indigo League instead of losing every Pokémon League and keeping him around. I never got the chance to read the Pokémon manga, but I would likely love it if I did.

Years
  • I'd say a solid 8/10!

I love Pokemon and have played most of the games and even a lot of the spin off games.
    Pokémon is constantly in my mind everyday and I enjoy many different aspects of the games: the story, the lore, the pokedex and sometimes even the competitive part!

The reason I gave myself a 8/10 is because I don't follow the anime and manga (I have watched and read the Sinnoh arch though) and I am not a fan of the card game. I collected some cards and even played sometimes, but it was really few times with my friends. In general, we preferred Yu-Gi-Oh much more. Other than that, I have never really tried shiny hunting. I have done a little bit, but I have never managed to find a shiny after hunting for it. While it's still a side thing in a Pokémon game, it's really popular in the fanbase. So, I'd say it's an experience I am missing lol.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • I'm somewhere in the 6.5-7/10 range. I'm not a diehard fan of Pokemon since i stick to strictly pre Gen 6 Pokemon. In my opinion Pokemon hasn't been truly good since B2W2 and the series fell off since then. I don't do the cards or show, so... yeah. I still LIKE Pokemon, but only the games. I also have other things i want to be into, you know!

Years
  • 7.5/10 I guess?
    I'm too busy to go back to my breeding atm, but I'm pretty much pre-occupied with something Pokemon related pretty much every day xD
    I even picked the TCG back up, though after a jumpstart for a new collection it's been on a low priority since. the stuff gets expensive fast =P

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • 9/10.

I think about Pokemon a lot and it is part of my day to day life. But, my attention isn't always on it, 24/7. But, I play and think about Pokemon at least once a day. I don't partake in the card game, though, but I do about everything else. (The manga, anime, merch). And I don't see myself losing interest in the foreseeable future.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    8/10, the series was a big part of chidhood, and while i stayed away from it on like gen 7 to the start of gen 8, since the last year i started to go back into it, from replaying the games, the rom hacks, collecting tcg again (kinda slowy, because it gets expensive, i was not expecting to pay 200 bucks on a Sylveon tin lol) and even the manga, i could say the only part i still havent got back is the anime, but still, its now a part of my everyday life and while i cant say i started any friendships because of it, it certanaly made some of my relationships stronger, only reason i dint rank myself higher is because i still gotta play the switch game (might be in a while... the switch is kinda expensive here and im aiming to get a 3ds first) and some of the 3ds games.
    by the way, Sylveon is the reason why i got back into the series, i think its the only pokemon i am a diehard fan of lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    by the way, Sylveon is the reason why i got back into the series, i think its the only pokemon i am a diehard fan of lol.
    bless

Anyway, I'm about a 4/10 on games, 7/10 on TCG / merch / collectibles, and 8/10 on art engagement. Obviously the game rank is gonna change tho, lol, it always does whenever that new hype train rolls through.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    2/10. Don't have the time or energy to do anything with it except do Favorite Pokemon Picker sometimes and occasionally watch the anime. But I'm completely casual about it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    2/10 too; I'm intrigued by the new games but I will not be getting them. I'll always enjoy a good playthrough of an old DS or GB game though, and I'll always like seeing good pokémon art.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    6/10 as in I'm relatively interested in the series to be hyped about the announcements but not the games themselves because I think they look like butt and TPC can definitely afford to do better, and I don't care about the anime and manga either.

EDIT because I forgot about the TCG which I guess explains how interested I am in that too.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    7 / 10, I guess?

Like I play a lot of Pokemon (less so nowadays but in general I play a lot), I've done whole college projects regarding Pokémon, and I'm loosely attuned to Pokemon news but I don't really follow or interact with the franchise in a more substantial way than that.

Years
  • I feel kind of weird that I'm at a 3 or a 4 right now. I used to be closer to an 8 or 9 basically my whole adult life, but now it's kind of at the back of my mind at best on most days. I'll probably be slightly more when Scarlet/Violet come out, but aside from Pokemon Go, I'm not doing a whole lot with the franchise right now.

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    7 out of 10 I guess? I used to love the games but fell off big time with SwSh, but I love how the anime has been since Sun & Moon, and making a romhack and seeing the passion of other fans has rekindled my love. And despite not playing the games myself lately, I am always thrilled to see new Pokemon get unveiled. Even if the main draw of the series has been diminishing for me, there's still a lot to love.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • I'd say 6 out of 10. I am more of a Mario fan then a Pokémon fan.

(Still waiting for the day that the two properties would officially cross over with each other that ain't Smash Bros.)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If being interested in the franchise stands for playing & watching everything related to it, then I'm very little interested actually. I mean, there was that test I did some time ago in which I got a very low score based on the fact that I ignore pretty much all the spin-offs, don't care about the anime, the TCG and don't buy merchandise 😀.

I'm far from being a fan of everything Pokémon-related. I follow the main games, a very few spin-offs (like PLA), and I'm interested in rom hacks/fan games and custom challenges, but that's pretty much it.

Years
  • 7/10-ish

i like the art and play the games, and am active on two pokemon forums =P that said, my interest does wane during slow periods (like.. a few months after a pokemon game is released?), but it's not too significant.

Back