• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommendation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • But that'll make it bulkier and more difficult to even have it in your pocket. :( Personally, I wouldn't get one, because it just seems like a waste of money to me. Mine goes fine in my bag and my sister fairs well with having her's in her purse. If you really, really feel like you need one, I think your best bet is one of the Nerf ones. They seem like they'll keep it protected, but I think it adds a little more unnecessary bulk.

Years
  • Hey all, I was wondering what you guys would recommend I get for Christmas. As for the most popular recent releases I've got Black Ops, New Vegas, played Fable III, played Dead Rising 2, and I'm soon to get to play Brotherhood. Are there any games that you can suggest preferably for the xbox that feature decent leveling elements and captivating story? Thanks. :]

Try Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. They are great games. They are the two games I would personally recommend.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • So, since I haven't played a Mario game in a while, I've decided that I'm going to get either Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Galaxy 2. The question is, which one should I get? Is one better than the other, or are they pretty much the same?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So, since I haven't played a Mario game in a while, I've decided that I'm going to get either Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Galaxy 2. The question is, which one should I get? Is one better than the other, or are they pretty much the same?

I recommend just getting the second, as I'm also skipping the first in favor of the second. SMG2 just looks more fun than the original and I have heard higher praise for it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I would get the 1stMario Galaxy. I have the first and beat it, but it certainly was a challenge, and it was really, really fun. Why not get the first one first, and when you bet it get the second, as I plan one doing soon some time. I dont know if the story lines are linked or not, but if they are than the first is the way to go.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I would get the 1stMario Galaxy. I have the first and beat it, but it certainly was a challenge, and it was really, really fun. Why not get the first one first, and when you bet it get the second, as I plan one doing soon some time. I dont know if the story lines are linked or not, but if they are than the first is the way to go.

I would get both if I had the cash, but sadly I don't (at least for video game related expenses). I want to get the one that gives me the most for my money. That being said, do either of these games have any sort of a "real" storyline, or is it typical Mario (i.e. you can play the games in any order).

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have an opinion on Dragon Quest IX? I've played through DQ VIII and loved it and was wondering if DQ IX is similar/worth getting.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • List of Recommendations

Black Ops
    Naruto Ninja Storm 2
    Halo Reach
    (if you havent bought) Mafia 2
    Online Sonic the Hedgehog 4 or Colors
    Fire Emblem Series(cannot provide link for roms)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would get both if I had the cash, but sadly I don't (at least for video game related expenses). I want to get the one that gives me the most for my money. That being said, do either of these games have any sort of a "real" storyline, or is it typical Mario (i.e. you can play the games in any order).

From what I noticed, it wouldn't matter if you played them out of order. In SMG2, the most you see (from what I've seen in LPs of the game) are little cameos from SMG1. But you've got one person telling you to get SMG1 first and another saying to get 2 first. I still stand by what I said about getting SMG2 first, but that's just me. I don't see the point in getting the first, where the controls might be not as well developed as with the second. Wouldn't know though, I haven't seen footage from SMG1.

List of Recommendations

Black Ops
    Naruto Ninja Storm 2
    Halo Reach
    (if you havent bought) Mafia 2
    Online Sonic the Hedgehog 4 or Colors
    Fire Emblem Series(cannot provide link for roms)

Um, people come in here with a little more detail on what they want for whatever system they're looking for a game for, they don't just want some random list of games. That list wouldn't do too many people any good, like myself. I don't want any of those games, haha. And do remember, you aren't supposed to give out ROMs on this forum, even if you could provide them.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years

• From what I noticed, it wouldn't matter if you played them out of order. In SMG2, the most you see (from what I've seen in LPs of the game) are little cameos from SMG1. But you've got one person telling you to get SMG1 first and another saying to get 2 first. I still stand by what I said about getting SMG2 first, but that's just me. I don't see the point in getting the first, where the controls might be not as well developed as with the second. Wouldn't know though, I haven't seen footage from SMG1.

Um, people come in here with a little more detail on what they want for whatever system they're looking for a game for, they don't just want some random list of games. That list wouldn't do too many people any good, like myself. I don't want any of those games, haha. And do remember, you aren't supposed to give out ROMs on this forum, even if you could provide them.
    Ah,I'm sorry,I was in a rush and had to type down all I could ^^;
    But I do have good mind for games to recommend though.And Thats why I had to make sure to post something like that,incase if someone tried to ask where they are.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Which PSP?

Ok so,
    I been a Nintendo fan forever, not playing any other games or consoles. Except this time, which I'm hoping to get a PSP.

Along with titles such as most wanted 5-1-0 (Liked the GC version, so yeah)
    Final Fantasy's and Kingdom Heart's (w/e else I can find too)

I noticed such of them as
    1000, 1001, 2000, 3000, go and so on?
    Which should I get? I know not GO.

I like the new stuff that the 3000 has, but I dont want it to be fragile

Fast help wanted~

EDIT

OK so I decided to go with the PSP 3000

Now I heard stuff of memory sticks and disk?
    Can anyone clear this stuff up?

Last edited:

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • you need a memory card to save games, but they're not too expensive and most bundles come with it.

if your getting the 3000 just remember you can't hack it unlike the 1000 and maybe the 2000 so you'll have to buy each of your games.

and i don't think you should be making a whole thread for this question.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I noticed such of them as 1000, 1001, 2000, 3000, go and so on?
    The numbers at the end are just regional differences (###1, ###2, ###3 etc), I wouldn't worry about that unless you're buying online.
    The numbers at the beginning refer to the PSP model, 1000 was the initial one. The latter two are slimmer with hardware improvements. It shouldn't be too hard to find more specific information yourself, try Sony's website...

Now I heard stuff of memory sticks and disk?
    Can anyone clear this stuff up?
    Memory Stick Pro Duo, that's the official name; it's just a proprietary memory stick. Think of it as a memory card like the Playstations 1 and 2 have. I've got a 2GB one; I think they go up to 2TB currently. Anyway, you'll just need one with a few MB to save games. The bigger ones are for storing music, movies, etc... As razzbat said, you'll most probably get one with the PSP you buy (assuming you buy it new).

Last edited:

countryemo

Years
  • I cant hack it, so I have to BUY games? I never knew that was a bad thing to pay for stuff :/

Yeah Im buying it online, im use (pacific, but im sure thats needed) so whats my #? :P
    Guess 0?

I like the 3000, good new stuff (and somehow the cheepest one I found on amazon, is it really fragile?

So I should just get 2 4gb or a 8gb? Hope thats not really expensive.
    And considering the games/titles I listed on the 1st post, What titles or other games would you reccomend?
    (Yes im asking this thread allot)

Anyways, thanks for all the help

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • It all depends on what you want to your PSP. If you want movies and music, then go for 4 or 8 GB. If not, 2 GB will be alright. Keep in mind that some games (including Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep) might have the option to install parts of their games on the card. It goes up to 600 MB. I don't know other games to do this except for KH and Naruto Shippuden : Akatsuki Rising.

On to titles : if you are really into RPGs, I recommend you pick up KH:BbS. It is a must-buy for the PSP. In the racing department, I don't recommend NFS titles. They hardly change from title to title. If you want a good racing game, I suggest you go for one of the Burnouts (Dominator, Legends). Dominator is a bit more polished, but Legends is way cheaper (I've seen them for 10 bucks xD) and the only downside are the pretty old graphics.

The PSP has its own Soul Calibur, and also Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII. I never played those two, even though they got positive reviews.

Lastly, stay away from ports (Harry Potter, especially Dx), and buy one of the LEGO games, be it Indiana Jones or Harry Potter Years 1-4. Both are really entertaining games and worth the buy.

Sorry if I confused you, I just jotted down some of the games I bought and liked on the PSP. Also, go for it. It is a great portable partner and it was my first portable console. The only really bad part is the short battery life... but that is a problem only if you're on the road much, in which case you should get a car charger. (:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As a PSP owner, be prepared to buy a ton of things. Alongside the PSP, you have to buy a memory stick (worth around $20 or more, depending on the amount of gigabytes you want). Then there's the giant selection of games. I don't own a lot of games. If you're not that much of a gamer yourself and you prefer listening to music more than gaming, get the 2GB. If you're somewhat a hardcore gamer and you own a lot of games, get 4GB or more. I know some games save a lot of stuff into your memory stick.

Getting everything on Amazon is better, because it's the best.

Also, in terms of games, if you're into shooting games, try out Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. ;)

countryemo

Years
  • Ok everyone, everything is done (I guess for now)
    I wish I could get em off amazon where I found em, but my mom dosent want too. gosh. lol.

Here it:
    [FONT=&quot]1.
    [FONT=&quot] PSP-3000 Black Friday Bundle with Little Big Planet. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] PSP 3000 7 Items Accessory Bundle [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sonic Rivals[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sony 4 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Flash Memory Card [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Burnout Legends [/FONT]
    8. [FONT=&quot]PSP UMD Case[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]9. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ATV Offroad Fury Pro

Also Since this thread was off in the 1st place.
    It can be used as a discussion of which psp you own, games you like, ect. I guess. But now its gonna be locked if it shall ~*~ oh well.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    personally when i bought my psp i got the go becuase it came with 3 free games and the two of them were the ones i really wanted so i went with the go, i like it but i kinda wish i would have gone with the 3000, but then again i dont have any space for more cases and stuff like that so i was happy with my go, and i pretty much only play ps1 games on it and lbp and rachet and clank, but other then that not much gets played on it.

i would reccomend the 3000 though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I cant hack it, so I have to BUY games? I never knew that was a bad thing to pay for stuff :/
    It can be with the painful ways copyrights are enforced these days...
    There are a lot of (AFAIK legal) things you can do with custom firmware PSPs, like running PS1 games on them.

Yeah Im buying it online, im use (pacific, but im sure thats needed) so whats my #? :P
    Guess 0?
    1000 – Japan
    1001 – North America
    1002 – Australia / New Zealand
    1003 – United Kingdom
    1004 – Europe
    1005 – Korea
    1006 – Hong Kong / Singapore
    1007 – Taiwan
    1008 – Russia
    1009 – China
    1010 – Mexico

If you mean to say you live in the Pacific, then I don't know; a lot of different nations own different islands.

I like the 3000, good new stuff (and somehow the cheepest one I found on amazon, is it really fragile?
    Cheapest because of the aforementioned hacking placing a high demand on early models.
    Yes, PSPs are relatively fragile.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • A few quick questions about Wii games; has anyone played Sonic Colors and is it as good as I'm hearing it is? I've been a huge Sonic fan for forever, but I pretty stopped expecting good games since Heroes. I did get Unleashed upon hearing some praise for it, but eh. So is Colors truly a great game or just great for a Sonic game? XD

Also, Monster Hunter Tri. Has anyone played it? Would you recommend it as a good adventure game? I've seen footage of it and it looks pretty fun, but does it grow boring and repetitive as you play through it? I'm thiiinking of getting it.

I feel like I'm being too particular about my game choices. XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A few quick questions about Wii games; has anyone played Sonic Colors and is it as good as I'm hearing it is? I've been a huge Sonic fan for forever, but I pretty stopped expecting good games since Heroes. I did get Unleashed upon hearing some praise for it, but eh. So is Colors truly a great game or just great for a Sonic game? XD

Also, Monster Hunter Tri. Has anyone played it? Would you recommend it as a good adventure game? I've seen footage of it and it looks pretty fun, but does it grow boring and repetitive as you play through it? I'm thiiinking of getting it.
    I have neither but I have played both and also have a friend who has both, and they're certainly good games IMO. Colours is certainly better than Heroes imo - not quite as good as SA2B but the best 3D game put out since, certainly. Decent replay value with it as well. And Monster Hunter Tri has a lot chucked into it as well - the gameplay is fun, there's more to it than just going about killing and as a side not the soundtrack is surrpisingly very good too. Certainly worth getting IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back