• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
  • Answer:

It always says that on FRLG... I don't know if it's a definite problem.
    Btw: Your post= off topic
    No, it doesn't.
    If it helps, I have VBA's latest beta version, I have the save type on "Automatic" and the flash type on "Flash 128K".
    I have real time clock on, too.
    If those don't help, I don't know what to do.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • ability to temporarily "mark" a spot on the edge of the map, then go to edit map connections, then the "mark" will be on the spot where the mark would go if it was your character's sprite when you go into the map.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • ability to temporarily "mark" a spot on the edge of the map, then go to edit map connections, then the "mark" will be on the spot where the mark would go if it was your character's sprite when you go into the map.

sorry, i have no idea how you mean this...
    Can you show with a picture?

it is plan a function, where you see both maps (the current and the on you want connect). than you can set the parameters of the connection until it fit as you want.
    is this what you mean?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    I'm Running Into A Glitch While Hacking Oaks Lab In Fire Red.
    For Some Reason It's Impossible to Exit The Lab
    I'm Not Really Familiar With Hacking So I'm Not Sure How to Fix It.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I'm Running Into A Glitch While Hacking Oaks Lab In Fire Red.
    For Some Reason It's Impossible to Exit The Lab
    I'm Not Really Familiar With Hacking So I'm Not Sure How to Fix It.

Are the Warps set correctly?
    are they on an valid block? on where Warps work?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    Are the Warps set correctly?
    are they on an valid block? on where Warps work?
    I'm Not Sure If They're Set Correctly But When I click Goto It Sends Me to the Warp tile Outside The Lab.
    And I'm Not Sure What A Valid Block Is Either.
    I've Placed It On a 1 Movement Space

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I'm Not Sure If They're Set Correctly But When I click Goto It Sends Me to the Warp tile Outside The Lab.
    And I'm Not Sure What A Valid Block Is Either.
    I've Placed It On a 1 Movement Space

The movement permission does not matter.
    you have to place warps on doors or doormat, otherwise the warp will not work!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Hi All,

I'm new around here and this tool is fantastic. I'm confused about the wild pokemon editor however. Is it me or does the percentage bar only display one percentage for each "group" of pokemon (grass/fishing/etc). I wanted to change the percentage for individual pokemon, but I didn't see how to do this.

Am I overlooking something?

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
  • No you have to add the pokemon again in another spot
    Here is an example with 11 different pokemon used, the 12th slot is repeating one of the other pokemon

eg.
    1. Rattata
    2. Pikachu
    3. Vulpix
    4. Geodude
    5. Pidgeotto
    6. Magnemite
    7. Lapras
    8. Voltorb
    9. Chansey
    10. Larvitar
    11. Dratini
    12. Chansey

According to this each pokemon has the chance of occuring 8.3333333333333333 %
    but Chansey can occur 16.6666666666666666 % in the grass

The sliding bar at the top showing the percentage is saying how often a pokemon will run into you, the general percentage is 8% or an encounter ratio of 21:255

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Ah, ok. Thanks Golden Shaymin. I just translated part of the faq page on the Advance Map site and it seems to confirm what you wrote. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: A follow-up question. For fishing pokemon is there a method to determine which pokemon are caught by which rods?

EDIT 2: Something doesn't seem to add up here.

Example: Ruby Route 121 Grass
    1. Zigzagoon
    2. Duskull
    3. Linoone
    4. Duskull
    5. Linoone
    6. Oddish
    7. Oddish
    8. Gloom
    9. Wingull
    10. Wingull
    11. Wingull
    12. Kecleon

So that should equate to: Zigzagoon 8.3%, Duskull 16.6%, Linoone 16.6%, Oddish 16.6%, Gloom 8.3%, Wingull 25%, Kecleon 8.3%
    Compare that to Route 121 on Bulbapedia.

I'm sure the game is doing some rounding, but is there more logic involved? Or is bulbapedia just plain wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, ok. Thanks Golden Shaymin. I just translated part of the faq page on the Advance Map site and it seems to confirm what you wrote. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: A follow-up question. For fishing pokemon is there a method to determine which pokemon are caught by which rods?

EDIT 2: Something doesn't seem to add up here.

Example: Ruby Route 121 Grass
    1. Zigzagoon
    2. Duskull
    3. Linoone
    4. Duskull
    5. Linoone
    6. Oddish
    7. Oddish
    8. Gloom
    9. Wingull
    10. Wingull
    11. Wingull
    12. Kecleon

So that should equate to: Zigzagoon 8.3%, Duskull 16.6%, Linoone 16.6%, Oddish 16.6%, Gloom 8.3%, Wingull 25%, Kecleon 8.3%
    Compare that to Route 121 on Bulbapedia.

I'm sure the game is doing some rounding, but is there more logic involved? Or is bulbapedia just plain wrong?

Fishing 's answered, so I'll answer this one. About your second question... It's simple. The higher the slot number you use (i.e. 8, 9, 10, etc), the more uncommon the pokemon will be. That's why the pokemon that are rare in a certain area are mostly in the 3 last slots.

Also, I got a problem too. You see, I'm using a ROM base (for FR) and my palette 7 is constantly dying... How come?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back