• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Pure Baton Pass isn't a very good idea for any tier, unless you're just doing it for fun of course. But uh...I'd just look through everything that can learn Baton Pass in NU and try to throw something together that isn't totally useless. It's hard to suggest specific pokemon because...either way it's probably not going to work very well =(
    What makes you say Baton Pass won't work well?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Baton Pass is one of the less viable strategies, mainly because it is so easy to counter. Any PHazer can do wonders (Unless you use Ingrain, but meh), plus Haze will work regardless (Since most BP teams are more focused on actually boosting and passing, Taunt isn't all that common in the first place). Plus, a single critical hit can ruin the entire process, plus it is just Toxic Spikes weak.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Would this set work?
    & can someone complete it?
    Celebi @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest/ Timid
    EVs:
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Leech Seed/ Recover
    ~Leaf Storm/ Grass Knot
    ~Psychic

Years
  • If Wake-Up Slap is used in conjunction with Technician while the opponent is asleep, does the doubled base power still get an additional boost of 50% because of Technician?

This would make the final base power 180.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Help an older player out.

I grew up on R/B/Y and G/S/C.

When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I was really dissapointed and never really put my heart into a Pokémon game after that.

Now Heart Gold is coming out, that's going to change. I want to make an amazing team and battle online.

Of course, my hopes and dreams where quickly shattered when my friend asked me "Do you know what EV training is?" and told me "You don't stand a chance if you don't."

I understand the basics to it now but could someone help me out?

What's the best way to start making your dream team? After you've finished the game?

What's the best way to learn new stratagies? Should I watch other battles or just through trial and error?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. 8D

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I grew up on R/B/Y and G/S/C.

When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I was really dissapointed and never really put my heart into a Pokémon game after that.

Now Heart Gold is coming out, that's going to change. I want to make an amazing team and battle online.

Of course, my hopes and dreams where quickly shattered when my friend asked me "Do you know what EV training is?" and told me "You don't stand a chance if you don't."

I understand the basics to it now but could someone help me out?

What's the best way to start making your dream team? After you've finished the game?

What's the best way to learn new stratagies? Should I watch other battles or just through trial and error?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. 8D

Get in touch with me I'll tell you everything.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Pure Baton Pass isn't a very good idea for any tier, unless you're just doing it for fun of course. But uh...I'd just look through everything that can learn Baton Pass in NU and try to throw something together that isn't totally useless. It's hard to suggest specific pokemon because...either way it's probably not going to work very well =(
    Baton pass is good on Pokemon like Umbreon which can pass Wish over, but of course that is UU...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Would this set work?
    & can someone complete it?
    Celebi @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest/ Timid
    EVs:
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Leech Seed/ Recover
    ~Leaf Storm/ Grass Knot
    ~Psychic

Seems like you're trying to do too much with only 4 moveslots. Leech Seed and Heal bell work best with a defensive EV spread, aka 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed, which is standard for Celebi. But, if you want to run a more offensive set, the EVs you have now are fine, just replace Heal Bell for another attack like Earth Power or HP Fire and put Recover > Leech Seed. Timid nature btw, and Life Orb is preferred for offensive sets.

If Wake-Up Slap is used in conjunction with Technician while the opponent is asleep, does the doubled base power still get an additional boost of 50% because of Technician?

This would make the final base power 180.

Since Technician takes effect first, Wake-Up Slap would have a base power of 90 if used normally, and would double if used on a sleeping foe. So yes, I believe you are correct.

Baton pass is good on Pokemon like Umbreon which can pass Wish over, but of course that is UU...

We're not talking about Baton Pass in general. We're talking about pure Baton Pass team, which tend not to work too well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hey everyone. Is this a good moveset for my Tangrowth I'm getting in the future? This Tangrowth is for my Sunny Day team

Nature: Naive
    EV's: 200 Atk/96 Sp. Atk/214 Spe
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Held Item: Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Power Whip
    Earthquake
    Ancientpower
    Hidden Power Fire/Sleep Powder

This one could really be a major threat to many team since Sunny Day is active. It's Speed doubles itself to break the 400 Speed limit. Imagine, a giant bush of vine going 400mph.

The Power Whip is it's main move. It's slaps the Pokemon rally hard in the face, even the Water, Rock and Ground types faint from it!

Earthquake tears open the ground for Fire and Electric types. And scraps Heatran into old iron if it has a chance.

Now you all might be wondering if AncientPower is U.S.E.L.E Double S. USELESS! Well, it's not actully. It's for Flying type like Charizard, Salamence, and even Gyarados. I've seen so many of these Pokemon now it's not even funny.

Now I'm not sure if I can put Hidden Power Fire on my Tangrowth...It's nearly impossible to get the right type and base power on the correct Tangrowth. Sigh...I wish there is someone that has a Hidden Power Fire on there Tangrowth. Therefore it'll be more brutal when Sunny Day is up.

Sleep Powder, is really reliable. It puts the Pokemon to sleepy time to make the opponent more annoyed. Plus, Chlorophyll makes Tangrowth super quick and puts Garchomp to sleep...if it's not Choice Scarfed, that is.

Well, that's my own Tangrowth moveset. What do you think? Any improvements? Perfect? Not so great? Please reply. Don't make me a lone wolf.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Hmm, that set is impressive, just change the EV's to 200 Atk / 80 SpA / 228 Spe and give it a Life Orb.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Can anyone reccomend a good lead that can set up Rocks and BP Agility.

Or maybe two Pokemon, one that can Taunt or Rapid Spin and set up Rocks and the other to BP Agility as long as they compliment eachother nicely.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • This is the start of a more def/sp. def oriented team I'm making. The lead is undecided and I'd like Relicanth to be the only sweeper. So what Pokemon would be good as other members?

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SpD
    Toxic
    Payback
    Wish
    Baton Pass

Zapdos@Leftovers
    Bold
    248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
    Discharge
    Roost
    Roar
    Heat Wave

Relicanth@Choice Scarf
    Adament
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Head Smash
    Waterfall
    Earth Quake
    Stealth Rock

Last edited:

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Can anyone reccomend a good lead that can set up Rocks and BP Agility.

Or maybe two Pokemon, one that can Taunt or Rapid Spin and set up Rocks and the other to BP Agility as long as they compliment eachother nicely.

Gliscor could do that with rock polish.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Is a rash natured ralts any good for a gardevoir? Just wondering because i chained a shiny one. I know ralts is a sp.attacker with good sp.def and rash is +sp.attack and -sp.def

So idk what to do...trade it to a friend or ev it for myself?

Detox

I got a Modest Giratina-O.. Can someone suggest a possible moveset for it?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Seems like you're trying to do too much with only 4 moveslots. Leech Seed and Heal bell work best with a defensive EV spread, aka 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed, which is standard for Celebi. But, if you want to run a more offensive set, the EVs you have now are fine, just replace Heal Bell for another attack like Earth Power or HP Fire and put Recover > Leech Seed. Timid nature btw, and Life Orb is preferred for offensive sets.
    I wanted a offensive Heal Bell support...
    & I did not post any EVs...
    Is this any better?:
    Celebi @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: (Help please)
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Recover/ Earth Power/ HP Fire
    ~Grass Knot/ Leaf Storm
    ~Psychic/ Recover
    Ok, keep in mind that this'll have Wish support from 1 or 2 allies, & I don't know if I'll really need Psychic... 1 of my pokemon is Vaporeon, whom counters Infernape pretty good...
    & For Wake-Up Slap...
    It's base power is 60, so Technician will boost it to 90, but when used on a sleeping foe, the base power become 120, I belive, so then techinician wouldn't work... still pretty strong, though.

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

(Lead) Skarmory@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/252 Def/6 SpD
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Stealth Rock
    Roost

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SpD
    Toxic
    Payback
    Wish
    Baton Pass

Zapdos@Leftovers
    Bold
    248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
    Discharge
    Roost
    Roar
    Heat Wave

Relicanth@Choice Scarf
    Adament
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Head Smash
    Waterfall
    Earth Quake
    (undecided)

I've added Skarmory as a lead. So I have SR, Spikes, Wish and Toxic support as well as Zapdos' chance of parylasis. I want a curse user that would help with coverage and maybe one more sweeper? Heal Bell would be very usefull and Rapid Spin, but that isn't essential. I don't want more than one more OU btw.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Need a 4th move for this Gliscor set also need a good nature and EV spread for leading.

Gliscor @ Focus Sash
    -Rock Polish
    -Baton Pass
    -Stealth Rock
    -???

Back