• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL...

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
Years
  • I found it kinda funny the first time. Second time: Hehe, Ok. Third time: .... Fourth+ time: \%&$*#!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally talked to that guy. Gawd. _ _

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    He is annoying as hell, but nothing compared to the complete fanboys in Generation II that called you and didn't even give you good gifts.
    I'm sorry, but I could care less if Bill doesn't like milk.

yikkayuk

Rockhampton City Gym Leader
    Years
  • Rydel Lover = Ewwy....

If I am playing the game on a flat battery, and it runs out while he's bragging about his greatest hero (seriously? a shopkeeper? he doesn't get out much LOL) I SWEAR I will chase him with my DS Charger, lassoing him and tying him to the bottom of the cycling road so the Sharpedo can eat him :)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Oh he had a 3hours dialogue .
    Ok damn you , Damn you , OK stop NOW YOU're GETTING ME Nervous !!!
    Everytime I play I must talk to him again so I can get that Mach Bike .

EvilMudkip

plannin' ur doom
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    seriously? a shopkeeper? he doesn't get out much LOL

I agree.
    Though he sure is a major contributor, giving 100,000,000$ (EDIT: or was it 100,000$? whateva) bikes away for free...
    But how many contributors are actually celebrities?
    OFF-TOPIC: and I don't like his hairstyle either, who is he, Conan O´Brian?

Last edited:

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • I would bump into him by accident. Then I would be clicking a so much that I would restart the cycle once or twice more. After a while I got smart and just used B.

Years
  • I hate that guy! OMG! I don't know who I hate more the "RYDEL." guy or Resetti from the Animal Crossing games. (FYI, I cut and pasted "RYDEL." I'm not going to type that word more than twice.)

I hate when I accidentally press A and listen to him repeat himself. Can't he say something else? Seriously. (*Stays away from Cycling Road.*)

Resetti is funny though. "RYDELRYDELRYDEL" isn't funny.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Ehh not much of a problem for me
    Only spoke to him once, never spoke to him again. I take notes of NPCs and their locations most of the time.

This was on VBA, speed toggling FTW! d(^_^)b

Heh-heh, I play on VBA too. I'm gonna be the odd one here and say that the Rydel guy doesn't really annoy me, and I've had to play through Emerald several times.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I'd also rather listen to phone calls rather than the Rydel guy AND the Pokenav calls.
    "Guess what, I say you pass me and your bike said RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL...."
    If that was a real quote, I would not play Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    Yeah, i normally accidently do it a couple of times, he's just pointless though to be honest :(

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I talked to him just now and i sat there like o.0
    Then Accidently pressed A AGAIN >.<

Ayselipera

Hahahaha! I feel your pain. I always forget and talk to him. What makes it worse is that I'll click really fast to get out of it and I'll accidently click again when hes finished which starts the whole process all over. :(

Back