• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
  • Hey guys another thing from me,

I want opinions on the design of the map as well as on the region.

lenaroh_map__remade__by_ahmad2334-d7eu67h.png

This was all made from scratch (Custom style).

The borders are a little weird on the cities/routes, and it looks like there may be some really tedious backtracking if you don't hand out Fly pretty early-on. That said, the desert region can be interesting, but you may want to vary the ecosystems a bit; otherwise you may get bored designing. (There are only so many desert Pokemon, after all)

The m

???
    Years
  • The borders are a little weird on the cities/routes, and it looks like there may be some really tedious backtracking if you don't hand out Fly pretty early-on. That said, the desert region can be interesting, but you may want to vary the ecosystems a bit; otherwise you may get bored designing. (There are only so many desert Pokemon, after all)

I was just going on with more eco0systems,

There will be two big cities,
    A forest,
    and a Palace.
    Possibly a taiga somewhere.

By the way, what do you mean by the borders? They don't look good design wise or is there something else wrong?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I was just going on with more eco0systems,

There will be two big cities,
    A forest,
    and a Palace.
    Possibly a taiga somewhere.

By the way, what do you mean by the borders? They don't look good design wise or is there something else wrong?

I can't speak for him, but I believe by borders he means the edges of the routes and such, and the outline of the landmass, it's all rough pixelated edges

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • So I was fiddling with the scripts and graphics to make it a bit more... custom...? The upshot of this was that I've almost finished making the interface at least a tad unique along with polishing up the graphics a bit as well.

battle_ui_update_by_rayquaza_dot-d7lit2v.png

Years
  • 2j26teg.jpg

2wcpkx3.jpg

I've been working with XNA again. Here's the product after 3 days.

Basically, it has the ability to render in 2D and 3D, a fully developed event system, scene support, what I hope to be a clean and easy to read and use environment.

The 3D system of it still needs work like drawing walls and ramps, but for now I'm happy with the results. (Which I'm thinking of determining how the tile will be lay out will be dependent on the surrounding tiles and it's passability)

Here's an image of the map editor so far (basically you can create a map, save it, and edit Layer 0.):

7292m8.jpg

The left will be for the available maps to edit, the middle area is to edit maps, the upper right will have layer settings, and the lower right as you can see is a tile selector.

Yes, this map editor will be in 2D even for 3D maps since both modes are made in the same manor.
    (You may have between 1 and 50 layers, which is a lot of layers if you ask me.)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • r2SvNvI.png

What do you guys think of the look of my battle scene?

The outline of the pokemon seems a little rigid, and not smooth, but that may be because of how the screenshot was taken. The battle button commands look great, but it seems a little empty. other than that it's a nice set up, I think it looks very good.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    So I was fiddling with the scripts and graphics to make it a bit more... custom...? The upshot of this was that I've almost finished making the interface at least a tad unique along with polishing up the graphics a bit as well.

battle_ui_update_by_rayquaza_dot-d7lit2v.png

Looks alright. I think that the gradient gets a little bit too dark on the far right side and it could maybe be a bit lighter.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • screenmockup.png

Battle system for my game, trying to make it original.

That looks really cool, would be even better if the battlers are animated. Maybe even an animated background but that is prob too hard to do.

Last edited:

WackyTurtle

Developer
    Years
  • Dive won't be included in my game, but there is a sequence where you travel through a glassy underwater tunnel. Fish swim past as you walk through.

VBDkgAP.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Dive won't be included in my game, but there is a sequence where you travel through a glassy underwater tunnel. Fish swim past as you walk through.

VBDkgAP.png
    That´s an awesome idea and really original, plsu it look really good ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hey everyone!
    I've created an alphabet for a certain group of creatures in my game.
    However, when implemented into the game, the font is quite different from the standard pokémon fonts.
    Not sure if I should change it. What do you think?
    c87126384ed67e31e14c9b71b6cbb0ab-d7m0071.png

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • You should change it. Simply because the font is too high resolution compared to the rest of the game.
    The game is 2x size, like most Pokemon Essentials games, but the font is 1x size, it doesn't fit together imo.
    I like the design, though! :D

Atomic Reactor

Just like tImE said, the text is too highly defined for the game, other than that it's awesome. And I'm also commenting to show appreciation towards what that character is, I loved those LoZ games back in the day, keep it up!

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone!
    I've created an alphabet for a certain group of creatures in my game.
    However, when implemented into the game, the font is quite different from the standard pokémon fonts.
    Not sure if I should change it. What do you think?

Try recreate all the glyphs in Bitfontmaker. It'll allow your font to fit in with the lower-resolution game. I worked on the custom font for my game using it :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll try to recreate it in a fashion more similar to Power Green.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back