• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
  • I really like your badges. Two things though.
    1: It seems like you're really under-utilizing your space. You've got about 1/3 a screen there just blank, so it feels empty.
    2: The "back" looks really weird with the letters being the same color as the background, and the outline doesn't distinguish it enough. Try a thicker outline, or a different font color.

Just my two cents

Thanks. The back button is just a placeholder as I haven't been bothered to make one yet. I'm also not sure what to fill the space with so I'm open to suggestions.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Thanks. The back button is just a placeholder as I haven't been bothered to make one yet. I'm also not sure what to fill the space with so I'm open to suggestions.

Firstly, I would ignore the guy on DeviantArt who said that the badges look weird because they are so high quality. They look fine. Secondly, as for what to fill the space with, maybe a banner that says XXXXX League Badge's (XXX being your region name), and then also enclose the banner and badges with a border? I think it would look nice.

BonzaiRob

3dPE Benevolent Dictator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Some screenshots of an engine, rather than a game
    tumblr_nfz1r9zwQK1tw3pqeo1_500.png

tumblr_nf3fttZiSu1tw3pqeo2_500.png

Click for 9.7mb animated gif

Here's some terrain editing (from a few months ago - no more missing corners)
    tumblr_ncqeh0DOyQ1tw3pqeo2_500.gif

Still going strong. Beta map editor early 2015 i think - more info then! =D

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Some screenshots of an engine, rather than a game

This is seriously awesome... it looks really great. I wonder what it would look like with the BW hero though, rather than just a Porygon. Also is this going to be Essentials-compatible?

Gexeys

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    I wonder what it would look like with the BW hero though, rather than just a Porygon.

Porygon is clearly there just for testing, you can clearly see this is nowhere near finished, there is no point in having the BW hero. The point of the post is displaying the engine

Also is this going to be Essentials-compatible?

Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking, please.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Some screenshots of an engine, rather than a game

Dunno how I missed this post, but the engine is looking really nice so far, I hope you keep it up. The auto rounding of the corners is sweet!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Working on a FR/LG demake and then i can put more regions like Johto,Hoenn or maybe Sinnoh too.

sKKUVYS.png
    fM9mU1M.png

Unless you're going back further than 3rd gen, it wouldn't count as a "demake" to make any of those games except a HG/SS version of Johto and Sinnoh.

It's not a bad idea, it's pretty interesting. The shots you posted aren't that good though, it's just the maps from FR/LG so there isn't much to comment on.

Gexeys

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Just a few screenshots I took from an old project that I've decided to stop working on.
    It's a shame but most of the hard work that I've done I can't actually show due to a lot of things being unfinished.
    I'm not really ditching this project, just the GSC style was too much hard work, a lot of elements will be transferred over to my new game, I just wanted to show I had some actual progress on the game, haha.

screenshots___gsc_style_pokemon_game_by_gexeys-d8ao6i1.gif

Bonus: Here's a sprite I would have included but I never finished the battle system
    crystal_styled_animation__phantump___708_by_gexeys-d8aobu1.gif

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Just a few screenshots I took from an old project that I've decided to stop working on.
    It's a shame but most of the hard work that I've done I can't actually show due to a lot of things being unfinished.
    I'm not really ditching this project, just the GSC style was too much hard work, a lot of elements will be transferred over to my new game, I just wanted to show I had some actual progress on the game, haha.

screenshots___gsc_style_pokemon_game_by_gexeys-d8ao6i1.gif

Bonus: Here's a sprite I would have included but I never finished the battle system
    crystal_styled_animation__phantump___708_by_gexeys-d8aobu1.gif

It looks very nice and simple. While I've never been a big fan of tiles older than Gen IV they really suit the screen size, mapping style and add a nice touch of nostalgia to it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Hey, I've been working on some maps for fan game.
    Hwqyazz3ZvxZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This the starter town for my game. So far it's called BlazeTown, but I might change the name later.

x+VFXFGByhh2wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

This is Route 1.

Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Just something I've been working on for the past few days,
    Spoiler:

Please note: the background is not mine and will not be used, I just wanted to not look at a giant black screen. It belongs to KyleDove.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    Just something I've been working on for the past few days,
    Spoiler:

Please note: the background is not mine and will not be used, I just wanted to not look at a giant black screen. It belongs to KyleDove.

I absolutely love this, the buttons look awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Wow, the interface is absolutely beautiful! And I really think it's clever the way you used the player's hp bar to cover up the missing chunk of the backsprites body! Though it may look odd with some larger pokemon like salamence where all you see is their neck.

Ah, you're right about that. Might be a little strange, though it might not be a huge issue. I'll have to look into it for sure, thanks for pointing that out!

@TheGuyver: Thanks! It took me quite a few hours and numerous mockups to get to that point!

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Just try with pokémons bigger than Arcanine to check if it's rendering correctly :p

I like the idea of having a team preview under the actions. So we can have a global look during a battle.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of the placement of the Pokemon details.. it seems rather haphazard. That said, I'm assuming it's spread out like that to utilize as much of the screen's real estate as you can. I do like that your GUI is visually consistent, though - that ties everything together pleasantly.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    So small trailer of my game, first trailer ever made by me XD

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back