• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
  • untitled_drawing_by_donlawride-d8jdwvg.png
    untitled_drawing_by_donlawride-d8je0bw.png

Two screenshots of the same feature for an upcoming project. The interface is not final, but you can see the gist of it.

Atomic Reactor

@Bill: Looks nice, only thing is is that the blue sign isn't angled right. You should be able to see the very top edge of the sign.

@D Lawride: Looks pretty solid to me! Looking forward to seeing more on this feature!

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    this_by_sera_hs-d8kkdpv.png

I joined this site, to make a Pokémon game.
    So far I've made the first town.

You start off on a rainy morning, and the weather changes later on.
    How does it look so far?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    Working on a menu system for m'game. It's still a work in progress (I haven't even done the other pages of the status screen!). And also the battle interface.
    Spoiler:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    @lilbluedemon:
    It looks really great so far!
    You've got a nice graphical style with good contrasting colors and the tiles look lovely.

Looking forward to see more from you! c:

Speaking of seeing more:

screens_by_sera_hs-d8l3zze.png

The First screen is my trying my hand at mapping a cave.
    As, for the second, I tried to give the visual of something being far away, as this is a dungeon visited later in-game. May need to try a different approach to showing the distance, if there's any ideas for how to?

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • screens_by_sera_hs-d8l3zze.png

As, for the second, I tried to give the visual of something being far away, as this is a dungeon visited later in-game. May need to try a different approach to showing the distance, if there's any ideas for how to?

This is a shot in the dark since I've never really worked with them in Essentials, but have you tried a parallax for the distance? Creating your own image for it would be relatively simple with GIMP / Photoshop / even Paint if you have the patience.

It may be tricky to get the parallax working how you want but it's definitely possible.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Redone everything from my previous shots.

shot1_by_sera_hs-d8p2rnu.png

This is the second town, where you usually do that mission to get the Pokédex, etc.
    The Sign next to the Mart will serve as a Mission Board, which'll give you plenty of sidequests to do, if you're bored of the main story.
    [each town will have different goals]

shot2_by_sera_hs-d8p2s59.png

And, my weak attempt at spriting.
    Trainers are not my forte, but, this is your Rival, Markus, instead of being the average Let's get gym badges rival, he holds a higher purpose in the story, and the evil team's doings.,

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    Here's an attempt at a route just outside of the hometown. (Ignore the black area on the leftmost part, haven't connected the next town yet)
    bOQoBrp.png

And here is an "exaggerated" version of "Trainer Tips," which is inspired by some subway posters (where I got that huge image above the dialogue, and is currently a placeholder).
    7uB5PbV.png

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Here is a screenshot of the newest Gym in my game. This is the 6th Gym in my game, the Flame Gym. Credits go to Sam24 for OW sprites and Torches/Animating flames. Don't steal please.
    wUKUmaX.png

New Beta for my gaming come very, VERY soon.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    SAXnP.jpg

Finished mapping, and scripting the whole of my starter town.
    T'is a nice night out ~

Atomic Reactor

You should tweak the light posts so that the light is actually coming out of the bulbs instead of off of the edge.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2015
    Hello, here I post a screenshoot of my fangame. You can see here the animations of the Forest. Glad you like it.
    09qQmNj.gif

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    Hello, here I post a screenshoot of my fangame. You can see here the animations of the Forest. Glad you like it.
    09qQmNj.gif

The water tiles look incredible! The fireflies too - are they an overworld event or an autotile? It would be good for them to have different movement paths to one another though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2015
    The water tiles look incredible! The fireflies too - are they an overworld event or an autotile? It would be good for them to have different movement paths to one another though.

Fireflies are overwordl! Thanks for comment!

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Nice water effect! I wanted to try this too and now I see it can have a really good render. I just find the left one strange, I wouldn't put water current between a rock and the border.

Also, is this a 32*32 tileset? It's hard to find some 32*32 sets, most of them are 16*16.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    WRuhBTo.png

A screenshot of my fangame wherein a battle between the player and the first Gym Leader has started. The Gym Leader is wearing a hanbok with Sylveon's colours and has a Joseon-era styled hair. The hair's the hard part in the sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back