• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Threads like this make me feel slightly guilty about using cloned Master Balls to catch all of my Legendaries.

Then again, it balances out when I have Legendaries that are actually usable in battles.

Also, Sableye sucks. Spiritomb ftw.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    well this is how i caught most other ledgendaries:

heal block, boost up my defences, rest, heal block, boost defences, rest, (basically just keep the battle go for as long as possible)

then hit it with false swipe amonst other low power moves, then put it to sleep with hypnosis or yawn (i kinda like uxie)

then throw lots of timer balls at it, :)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Although Future Sight is a Psychic Type attack, It deals Elemental-less Damage, Similar to Struggle. That means EVERYTHING, including Shedinja and Dark Types, can be hurt by it.

So in the end, NOTHING RESISTS FUTURE SIGHT.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    So in the end, a Dark/Ghost will still be affected by Future Sight. I would use a Smeargle with: Endeavor, Endure, Thunder Wave, Taunt. Then, try to predict when Hyper Beam will be used, and just endure, then leave it with 1 HP, TWave it, and Taunt it. Easier to catch, by then.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Although Future Sight is a Psychic Type attack, It deals Elemental-less Damage, Similar to Struggle. That means EVERYTHING, including Shedinja and Dark Types, can be hurt by it.

So in the end, NOTHING RESISTS FUTURE SIGHT.

Wow, maybe its not such a sucky move after all. Can it bypass protect though? Because if it cant just strap that on too :)

Years
    im building a team to battle online
    but im not sure which one to go with
    all i know is i want metagross in my team
    i was thinking ninjask baton passing to it
    but then. when else?
    im basically asking
    what type of team should i use with a metagross in it
    or like whats a good special sweeper to work with it

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    That's WAY too broad of a request. Just keep in mind that when making a team, focus on Pokemon that balance each other out, and cover each other's weaknesses.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    At what speed is considered too fast to use under Trick Room conditions? At the moment i'm going with Base 60 as my highest speed so I can still outspeed Skarmory etc under TR

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    I never seem to be able to use explosion right
    when do you think is a good time to use it?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Angelic Diablo: 50 Speed would be a good time to stop. Although you could get speed to an extent. Never go beyond 60.

Marcy_11: Explosion is used one or two turns before the expected KO. If you believe your opponent is going to 2HKO you and you have a slower Pokemon than the opponent, the next turn is when you should be using it. If you have a really fast Pokemon that outruns the opponent, the wise thing to do is to get an attack in first, then Explode.

shadowman080: It's a boost to your stats in a battle, but goes away after the battle is finished. For example, Agility boosts your Speed stat two stages. One level boost to a stat is adding 0.5 of the original stat to your Speed. So if my Pikachu has a Speed stat of 100, it would have 200 after Agility is used (Agility boosts Speed two levels. If it only boosted one level, Pikachu's speed would be 150.)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I plan on using a Wonderguarder on my future team... but. I want to know which one is BEST suited for that?

Spiritomb or Saybleye?

And yes, I know EXACTLY how to get a Spirit/eye with Wonderguard with hacking. I just need to know the BEST one.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I don't believe it can be swapped, otherwise...

Spiritomb is better, although it's a very sucky strategy. It involves having a doubles team, one starter with skill swap and the other being shedinja:
    1. Skill Swap from shedinja to other lead
    2. Switch shedinja for desired recipient
    3. Skill swap a final time.

That's how it's done. If you can avoid super effective attacks for a full 3 turns then you might just be able to pull it off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back