• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Wonder Guard cannot be skill swapped. Fire Fang hits through Wonder Guard. Status like Poison, Burn, Paralysis, Freeze, Sleep all hit through Wonder Guard. Wonder Guard will not stop you from taking initial entry hazards damage. Wonder Guard does not prevent Confusion recoil, Life Orb recoil, recoil from certain moves and Substitute sapping HP.

Spiritomb and Sableye do not get Wonder Guard. Spiritomb gets Pressure, while Sableye gets Keen Eye and Stall.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I plan on using a Wonderguarder on my future team... but. I want to know which one is BEST suited for that?

Spiritomb or Saybleye?

And yes, I know EXACTLY how to get a Spirit/eye with Wonderguard with hacking. I just need to know the BEST one.

You plan on using a blatantly hacked pokemon on your team ? Well, dont expect people to be pleased after battling you =/

Years
    Right, so my brother likes Absols, but unfortunately they're not that good. I'm sure this has been thought of before, but would this set be legal to use?

Absol@Focus Sash/Leftovers
    Hasty
    252 Atk/252 Spd/ 4 ?
    Mean Look/Me First
    Taunt
    Protect
    Detect

If you can have Umbreon pass Mean look to him, he could Taunt, and then Protect/Detect away, stalling with Pressure. Leftovers would negate weather damage, while Focus Sash would let him live against a super effective hit.

In total, Protect and detect could be used at a max of 17 times before running out of Detect, which means, with Pressure, you're guaranteed to waste 34 PP.

Mean Look is a must, to prevent switching.

It's kind of a gimmick. Would it work?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    No, it wouldn't, because the Protect + Detect combo doesn't work. If you Protect, Detect's success rate for the next turn will be the same as Protect's- meaning it will likely fail. Go with a Sword Dance + Sucker Punch set. It murders anything that tries to land a hit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    smeargle to risky?

i have used him in a few battles, with mixed success.

i have him as my currant lead, about half of people take him out first time (or rather attempt to) but i endure the attack to leave me with 1 hp.

then i use spore, (which with the aid of salac berry, and a + speed nature, and 252 speed evs will mostly go first) to put them asleep, then its a case of endeaver, then extremespeed

if i come against a ghost type, use spore, then switch striaght away.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Smeargle is a very sucky poke. Even though it can do anything, it doesnt have the stats to do anything well. Check out shoddy for ideas, but i recommend running as far away from him as possible, especially in OU.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I quite like your strategy, really. But, like Gofre said, Smeargle doesn't have the stats to carry things out.

But, nevertheless, it's good to find people that actually like using Smeargle. :D

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I would recommend giving him a focus sash. That way, you don't need to use endure and you have room for another attack.

So its opponent attacks Smeargle (survives with 1HP)
    Smeargle uses Endeavor.
    Next Turn: Smeargle uses extremespeed
    Total Win.

Pretty much a rip off of FEAR

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    ^ not bad.

however i like my approach more, because with salac berry, you get the speed boost, which in aid of the use of spore means you can put your opponent to sleep. then hit them and kill more than one pokemon whereas your strategy only kills 1 opponent, =/.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I like to use him as a CounterCoater. Focus Sash allows me to live, and I counter or mirror coat the damage back. I have about a 60% success rate with him like that. Mixed leads really mess it up, however, as do stallers.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    however i like my approach more, because with salac berry, you get the speed boost, which in aid of the use of spore means you can put your opponent to sleep. then hit them and kill more than one pokemon whereas your strategy only kills 1 opponent, =/.

Both are good strategies.

But, what say if Spore misses?

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    But seriously, even if it has a very low VERY VERY LOW rate of missing, what if it did miss? Not including all of the circumstances that it always never misses. :/

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    But seriously, even if it has a very low VERY VERY LOW rate of missing, what if it did miss? Not including all of the circumstances that it always never misses. :/

If it misses, you are screwed. (pardon my language)
    It's that simple.
    Which is why I prefer CounterCoat.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    (excuses your language)
    Okay. Thanks for answering my question but I still think Smeargle is very risky =( Because some people just don't know very good movesets and TM's they could use..)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    -slaps head-

I was thinking about Sleep Powder. My bad!

It's too bad that there are no sleep inducing moves that are 100%...excluding Yawn, because that's not fast acting.

Edit: You can't teach Smeargle TM's.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    There's also the risk of the opponent having a lum berry, one of the most commonly used berries. Lum berry counters spore. So perhaps a pokemon with embargo would be recommended.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Which once again is why I use Countercoat.

Yeah, I know, I need to stop posting that repeatedly.

I'll post some of my Smeargle sets tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back