• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i have a ninjask with these ivs:
    jolly nature
    hp: 31
    atk: 31
    def: 29
    spatk: 27
    spdef: 30
    speed: 31

first off are these good, should i aim for better?
    second, how should i make the evs
    and the moveset?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • i have a ninjask with these ivs:
    jolly nature
    hp: 31
    atk: 31
    def: 29
    spatk: 27
    spdef: 30
    speed: 31

first off are these good, should i aim for better?
    second, how should i make the evs
    and the moveset?

Those IVs are fantastic. Stick with them, for sure. I believe the standard Jask goes:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor / Aerial Ace

Mostly BPs Speed Boosts, and the occasional SD.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    alright, i just found out my glaceon has HP fire. anything i can do with this, or breed for hp fighting?

Years
  • i have tried posting threads in this forum but they never appear
    im not sure if the mods just dont like me, but there all rate my pokemon threads, and those are allowed, so im posting it here:

here i need these 2 pokemon rated
    if i can improve on them please tell me what i can improve

Ninjask @ leftovers LVL 100
    Adamant Nature
    (if its a bad nature please tell me, ill just iv breed with this and a different natured ditto)
    Speed Boost
    Stats
    : Hp:320/320 / Atk:237 / Def:156 / SpAtk:118 / SpDef:170 / Speed:359
    Ivs : Hp:31 / Atk:31 / Def:30 / SpAtk:27 / SpDef:29 / Speed:31
    Evs : Hp:288 / Def:124 / SpDef:144 / Speed:12
    Moves (all moves maximum pp):
    Baton Pass
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Substitute

Ninjask will use Subsitute, which we all know cuts down his life. Now while subsitute is taking damage for Ninjask, Speed Boost will be making his speed amazing, leftovers will be recovering the lost HP, and ninjask wont be lifting a finger, so to make him busy, hell be using Swords Dance to up Metagross' Attack when he Baton Passes.

Metagross
    @ leftovers/life orb (not sure which one, someone please tell me!!) LVL 100
    Adamant Nature
    Clear Body

Stats : Hp:336 / Atk:405 / Def:301 / SpAtk:199 / SpDef:215 / Speed:198
    Ivs : Hp:31 / Atk:31 / Def:29 / Sp.Atk:27 / Sp.Def:30 / Speed:31 (iv bred like crazy!)
    Evs: Hp:140 / Atk:252 / Def:28 / Speed:88
    Metor Mash
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt (for STAB)
    Thunderpunch

I put Zen Headbutt in there instead of agility, because he wont be using it on acount that ninjask gives him loads of speed, and he has excepsional speed for a metagross, which is a slow pokemon. zen headbutt gives it stab so thats always good. When ninjask uses Swords Dance Metagross will be vitualy indestructable!!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE, ID LOVE SOME. PLEASE POST OR PM ME!!

im also having difficulty with choosing more pokemon for my team.. i need help with that!!

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I'm editing out your gay colors.

Ninjask @ leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    Speed Boost
    Evs : 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Baton Pass
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Substitute

Ninjask will use Subsitute, which we all know cuts down his life. Now while subsitute is taking damage for Ninjask, Speed Boost will be making his speed amazing, leftovers will be recovering the lost HP, and ninjask wont be lifting a finger, so to make him busy, hell be using Swords Dance to up Metagross' Attack when he Baton Passes.

I don't care about your Ninjask's IVs. Just post the EVs, Nature, moves, and the item. We don't care about your IVs or stats- the EVs are good enough.

As for the EVs, what the hell. No. First, you can't have over 255 EVs in a stat, so I find it dubious that you have 288 HP. Anyway, Ninjask can't take hits, so don't bother investing EVs into that. Just go full Speed and Attack. Jolly so you can outspeed more.

Metagross @ leftovers/life orb
    Adamant Nature
    Clear Body
    Evs: Hp:140 / Atk:252 / Def:28 / Speed:88
    Metor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion/ Pursuit
    Thunderpunch

I put Zen Headbutt in there instead of agility, because he wont be using it on acount that ninjask gives him loads of speed, and he has excepsional speed for a metagross, which is a slow pokemon. zen headbutt gives it stab so thats always good. When ninjask uses Swords Dance Metagross will be vitualy indestructable!!

Metagross has Meteor Mash for STAB, he doesn't need Zen Headbutt (which is weak, in addition to having Psychic's poor coverage). Go with Pursuit to kill anything that switches out, or Explosion as a last ditch effort. Go Life Orb for the Atk boost, without being locked into a move (even though you didn't consider Choice Band)

Two Pokemon don't make a team.

im also having difficulty with choosing more pokemon for my team.. i need help with that!!

This is probably why your thread was never approved. We're not here to make a team for you. Come back with six Pokemon, and then we'll rate.

Years
  • alright first
    gay? wtf man i was just trying to make it attract attention cuz no one listened to me anyway
    next
    um.. ya i made a TYPO on the evs.. so dont go flaming me for a simple TYPO
    I put the IVS because i thought that would help people see if its a good pokemon or not
    i appreciate the info
    just stop with the flamming man

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • gay? wtf man i was just trying to make it attract attention cuz no one listened to me anyway

They're ugly, and they're a pain to edit out.

um.. ya i made a TYPO on the evs.. so dont go flaming me for a simple TYPO

Well, EVs are kinda IMPORTANT. How am I supposed to know it was a typo?

I put the IVS because i thought that would help people see if its a good pokemon or not

When people look at the set, it's automatically assumed to be a good Pokemon, so it's unnecessary to post the IVs to point that out.

just stop with the flamming man

No. >:(

Years
  • aight
    were cool?
    this ninjask has like no defense and sp.defense
    if will die in a second
    subsitute will last like what, one attack?
    i find these evs ae somewhat flawed!!
    like thats my opinion
    cuz i need ninjask to last a few turns then baton pass

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • See, Ninjask has... what were they? Base 61 HP, base 45 Defense, and base 50 Defense. Like it or not, no matter how many EVs you pump into that, Ninjask still won't be able to take a hit. It's better to focus on Jask's strong points, like his attack and speed. If you want a Pokemon that can take hits, Ninjask is not for you.

That said, it's still possible. If you sub while they happen to switch, you'll be able to get in an SD while their switch in destroys your Sub. From there, you can BP all the boosts to Metagross, and pray that their Poke doesn't know Earthquake.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Ninjask would love Substitute. It slips past his weak defenses by only taking 25% damage. Also, if your opponent gets an unlucky miss, just SD, then sub will break, and then you can pass that Swords Dance and speed boosts to some other pokemon.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Regice makes a good one, as does articuno. Cresselia is more of a dual wall but works nicely as either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back