• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ^^^Wow good day for you then Smarties :D

Not such a good day for me. I've been attempting to chain for shinies, mainly Phanpy as thats my swarm Pokemon for the day. I have never been brilliant at chaining or had much luck, but I am improving. I got my highest chain yesterday chaining Cubone (33) but then an Abra showed up. My chaining hasn't gone over 15 today so I've been extremely frustrated seeing Geodudes and Machops spoil my attempts to get my own shiny. I have shinies from other people, but they just don't feel the same as finding and catching your own. It will happen eventually, but boy it is frustrating! Oh well, perseverance and patience :D

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I was chaining Shinx last night... once again to my dismay the chain broke... one of the easiest things to chain and I still don't have a shiny of it >.< I'm destined not to have a shiny one I guess... At least my Phanpy got all it's attack EVs it needed...

Years
  • Been EV training Salamence and Blastoise to help in competitive battling, made a few trades in the GTS, and had a few more battle.

And I also caught an Ariados, Volbeat, Scyther and two more Ponyta

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Restarted, and have Monferno, Budew, Staravia and a Luxio. Currently training a Mudkip I recieved off j0j3 off of Wi-Fi Trade. Preparing to battle Maylene by traning in wild.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    i got pearl friday, i already have 15 hours on i since i had nothing to do on the car ride to wsconsin and back, ( both 3 1/2 hours) and i cant skate, cause i bruised my tailbone,and for those who do any sport, try your hardest to not fall there, takes forever to heal. anyhow so far have

6 badges

team : luxray, empoleon, and medicham, all level 37.

awesome game

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I just lost to Palmer for the second time today, i think i need to get rid of my Staraptor, and replace him with my Lucario

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Man the Pokeradar has been really hurting lately...

1st I chained Shinx to 40, and my chain broke at 46 (0 Shinies)
    2nd I chained Pineco (Defense EVs for Phanpy) broke at 32 when I stepped in a very bad patch >.< I don't know why I tried going for it.
    3rd and Here I am with 40 Glooms on my chain, been reseting for an hour, I'm going to just leave my DS on all night and try again when I wake up... I really hope I get a Shiny... Shinx really put a bummer on me because I was reseting for over 3 hours... >.<

Besides that, My Shiny Phanpy got all his Effort Values, and evolved into a Shiny Donphan =D. I plan to finish up my EV training on my Shiny Growlithe, and I want to raise up a Toxicroak, those things looks like they'd be good for battling. I also hope to get a Shiny Vileplume and Bellosom soon, I plan to also hunt a Shiny Pineco.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    (insert very mad pirate growl here) i just lost to Palmer for the 5th time, that Dragonite of his is hacked, Ice Fang only does 3/4 damage, when it should OHKO him, let's do the match, shall we?

Ice Fang on Dragonite: 400%
    Ice Fang=Attack
    Floatzel Fully Eved in Attack uses Ice Fang, Ice Fang hits, Dragonite Survives
    Dragonites Base Def: 95
    So i don't see how it doesn't OHKO him, oh well, i think i'll find a new Team

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Man the Pokeradar has been really hurting lately...

1st I chained Shinx to 40, and my chain broke at 46 (0 Shinies)
    2nd I chained Pineco (Defense EVs for Phanpy) broke at 32 when I stepped in a very bad patch >.< I don't know why I tried going for it.
    3rd and Here I am with 40 Glooms on my chain, been reseting for an hour, I'm going to just leave my DS on all night and try again when I wake up... I really hope I get a Shiny... Shinx really put a bummer on me because I was reseting for over 3 hours... >.<

I just caught my first Shiny Gloom =D I need to get another one, this one was perfect, Quiet nature. (I know I could've gone with Modest, but meh. (Gardevoir worked unlike somebody in my box... *stares at Kirlia*)

Years
  • Well I caught Heatran today after about an hour and a half in total from the Survival Area. The damn thing kept killing itself with Struggle.

Other than that, been EV training some more and all my team are either at or above level 61.

I also caught a bunch of new Pokemon such as Camerupt, Skarmory and Weezing

KFOX

Making Breeding fun and easy!
    Years
  • I've spent three hours trying to hatch an female Adamant nature Bagon... (GAHHHH!!)
    Beat trainer, AN in a single battle.

Years
  • Much better day for me today. Got a few more Pokemon added to my Dex thanks to J.M. Had 3 wifi battles tonight and won all 3 which gets me to 50% win record now :laugh:. Finally feels like I'm getting the hang of it now after being mauled in my last few attempts before. Think I need to EV train some new Pokemon and move them into my party to replace some weakers members I got right now.

Years
  • Yeah, had a bad night against you didn't I

Just migrated some more Pokemon, hatched a few eggs and I now have caught about 190 Pokemon in all, which I'm very proud of.

Not much else to report really, just basically been trading and hatching as of late.

Well, I did get a legit lvl 100 Milotic for a lvl 1 Eevee off the GTS:P

Mustache

Good Ingame-Bad Online Trainer
    Years
  • yay :D first post in this topic. i actualy made quite some progress in the game, 7 badges atm. i wana tell you how lucky i was with dialga. i beat up the galactic boss with huge luck. my poke's were just 2 weak. so i thought i was DOOOMED. i thought dialga was gona destroy me. i've been readin some walthroughs, so i knew this battle was comming, so i had huge loads of ultra balls, and some timer balls.

here is the good part: i use'd NO ultra balls, and NO timer balls. just 2 quick balls :D. yes that's right, i cought dialga on the first try, in a quick ball, without doing any dmg to it, without giving it a status problem. i went totaly crazy and save'd directly when i had the chance. without checking nature or iv... :(

well, lucky me again, it was a mild dialga, which take's a bite out of the defence stat, but it boosts the sp.atk :D:D:D. as for iv's, i'm checking that right now using the Serebii IV calculator. it says here: hp 30, atk 29, def 18, sp.atk 26 :D sp.def 26, spd 8 :S

well, that means that mr/miss slow dialga is even slower than i thought, but it also means a nice boost in the most important stats.

LUCKY ME

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Woot, i just beat Palmer, after 8 tries, i beat him with 7 HP remaining on my Floatzel, that Milotic of his is good, i got 20 BP's for that

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • lol Empoleon defeated Palmer easily, Surf was a OHKO on Rhyperior, Ice Beam was a OHKO on Dragonite and Milotic took 2 - 3 Grass Knots before kicking it

Years
  • Not a bad day today for me. Spent most of the time finishing my EV training on my shiny Gardevoir and now has a spot in my competitive team.

This evening I had 2 interesting battles with J.M. which went 1 win each way. He had the aim of trying out lots of new Pokes in his team and experimenting, I just wanted to keep practicing with my current team, but if needed let Gardevoir battle.

First match was a great one for me, as my Gengar swept 5 of his Pokemon. For the 2nd match he brought out a sick Garchomp and I lost 3 of my Pokemon before getting rid of it. He won the battle, and Gardevoir did...meh, not bad. We started a 3rd battle and I was 2 Pokemon up but the connection went, so we both decided to call it a day. I expect we will battle again sometime today. :D

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • Well today I evolved my Lavitar... and he's level 39 now. =D
    It's hard to train him 'cause he's lazy... <.<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back