• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Small Writing Competition

Years
  • Small Writing Competition!
    Judged by Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie.

Small Writing Competition

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! The gist is simple - write a story based on the prompt, and submit it to the judges before the deadline.

Rules
    1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
    2.) Stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before. You also are not allowed to post it anywhere else until judging is over. Having someone beta read your entry prior to submission in private is allowed.
    3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
    4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
    5.) You have until 11:59pm EST, October 20 to get your entry in.
    6.) The story can be based on Pokemon, another fandom, or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
    7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please! There is no word limit.

Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
    Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
    Characterization, Plot, and Description
    Relevance to Prompt

Each participant will receive 10 points when their entry is sent in. Furthermore, the top three places will earn additional points as detailed below.

First: 100pts
    Second: 50pts
    Third: 25pts

Additionally, the team with the most submissions at the end will earn a bonus 50 points!

The prompt is past, present and future. You can use one, two or all three elements of the prompt in your story. Good luck!

Entrants

Hyzenthlay (Arqueros)
    Janp (Arqueros)
    Venia Silente (Arqueros)
    Aquacorde (Guerrreros)
    Juno (Guerreros)
    Chr. Draco (Guerreros)
    Eleanor (Guerreros)
    Kitty (Guerreros)
    Celeste (Arqueros)
    Shooting Star (Arqueros)
    5qwerty (Guerreros)
    TwilightBlade (Arqueros)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Hello! I would really like to join in. I'm on Team Arqueros!

PS: I'm not sure if it's already recognized that I'm on the team, but I did post my test result in Discord. My Username is also Celèste on there!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I'll try to participate this year, sorry in advance for my horrible writing.
    Team Guerreros

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I wasn't gonna enter cuz I don't have time (I still don't). I then realized that I was a degenerate and would do anything for some few more points, so I wanted to enter with a massive high-effort shitpost. Then I actually got an idea, so I might write that. If I run out of time I'm still making a long shitpost though.

Years
  • I'm joining (and submitted) my thing because like 5qwerty I too am a degenerate and would do anything for points
    Guerreros btw

Bay

Years
  • Dropping by real quick to say we got entries from Kitty, Shooting Star, and Aquacorde! The rest of you have a little over 21 hours from this post to turn in your entry!

Back