• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Small Writing Competition

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
  • Words. Why can't they end?

I'll have a first submission in about an hour before I try to cut content for quality. Just in case there's issues during the day and I can't submit later.

Venia Silente

Years
  • Sorry for double-posting. Letting the judges know I have submitted my entry. Lemme know of any issues.

If there's time I might submit a further revision before the deadline. No promises. Dropping words is hard.

Years
  • Yesterday, I basically gave up, because I couldn't really got myself to finish my entry. But today Bay mentioned flash fiction and I realized that one of my original ideas for this prompt could easily work as 100-200 words story. So I just sent my entry in.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Entry has been submitted, phew... now I can sleep ♥

It's very personal and very much in my typical style you all can see from a mile away but I admit that's just made it easier to finish in time :catlove:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I've been so tired and flat-out busy that I forgot to transfer my doc onto my phone before leaving the house, and now I can't access it at all 😭

I won't be able to meet the deadline at this rate, but I wish everyone the best of luck!!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I submitted my entry (representing Team Arqueros)! I started yesterday and have no regrets. It was fun to just express myself in a way.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    finished and submitted 4 minutes to the deadline let's goooo

Years
  • Entries are now closed!

We received entries from Kitty, Shooting Star, Aquacorde, Venia Silente (yes, the revised one), Janp, Eleanor, 5qwerty, Celeste, TwilightBlade and Juno this year. Good turn out! Over the next couple of days, we'll read through everyone's stories and then share our results here in time for the closing of the GT.

Worth noting now though, that the Shadowed Guerreros had the most entries submitted in the end, so the bonus achievement points will be going to you guys.

Edit: Scratch that. Had Janp on the wrong team... again... heh... heh... no achievement then.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Years
  • Might be worth to note that my evil plan of playing both teams in exchange for bitcoin credits and a golden hair comb was discovered, as I figure as member of both teams in the opening post.

EDIT: Also sorry to hear that Hyz didn't make it.

Years
  • Results

That brings this year's Small Writing Competition to a close! As per usual, we had a really nice turn out for this event and a lot of great stories that were a pleasure to read. Everyone did an excellent job. Of course though, there's always a top three. This year's being...

Third Place: TwilightBlade of the Shackled Arqueros with a score of 75 points
    Second Place: Aquacorde of the Shadowed Guerreros with a score of 85 points
    First Place: Juno of the Shadowed Guerreros with a score of 89 points!

This means that in addition to the earlier participation points, Shackled Arqueros picks up a further 25 points and Shadowed Guerreros a further 150!

If you would like to see a break down of how each story was scored and read judges comments on your story, you can find that information by following this link here. As always, we'd like to thank everyone for the effort you point into your stories and recommend that you post them over in Fan Fiction & Writing with an [SWC] tag so everyone can read each others entries!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • CONGRATS TO JUNO AND TWILIGHTBLADE! lol karen you really talked urself down on this one

thank you judges for kind words and good scores and taking the time to host and read and review! thank you everyone who participated; i love how many different stories we've made and i can't wait to see them pop up in FFW! please post soon! i have done so already and in there i will link to everyone else's entries too! looking forward to doing it again next year and dragging more of our friends and teammates into it as well~ (@ inky / aaron / annie / eli : i expect stories!!!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I think with this and last year, I liked my story concept a lot but the time restraint + my procrastination made me super nervous I didn't execute it well enough so thank you for the high praise and scores, I really appreciate it!

I am so glad I was able to pull off and capture the feel I was going for - I took care to choose moments and conflicts that wouldn't have villainized or flattered either characters too much even through his own biased lens, but have the tragedy be how mundane everything that led to their fallout was, and I'm happy that came through in my writing. While this was entirely fiction (and my reality is nowhere near as tragic, dw), like Bay said I think that feeling is relatable for a lot of people and I did get the idea of it at least in part from my own relationship with my dad and the lack of meaningful verbal communication that I think a lot of hurt feelings could have been resolved by, so I'm glad it resonated with you guys, too.

edit: link to story

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Years
  • Due to IRL I won't be able to have the story posted Just Yet™, but I'll try and let y'all know. Congrats to the winners of course.

Apologies to the judges for that 10k words scare lol, ftr the versions that were submitted were trimmed down to like, 4.2k.

Back