• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That's... not what I'd expect. I wish it could have been something more generic like robots vs. dragons or something. Don't really know what the difference is between one transformers and the other.
    Autobots = Optimus Prime
    Decepticon = Megatron

Pretty much. Good vs evil.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't know which side to choose. The Autobots have Optimus Prime and Grimlock, but the Decepticons have Megatron and Soundwave. Also, what if instead of the usual Splatfest music, they play Stan Bush's "the Touch" from the 80's movie and possibly other songs from it and the Bayformers films' CD albums (I happen to own one for the first movie)?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I like Hasbro stuff and such, but in all honestly. The Transformers series's hayday was back in the 90s. The new-era Transformers is very shunned in the public eye today. I mean, I would of expected this in Japan, but surprised to see it here.

I really don't have a good view on the series to even say and many Miiverse posters have this shared opinion as well. Its very mixed and very unsure. Even some are saying this is a terrible splatfest idea since it breaks Splatoon's pre-set lore and it just doesn't fit. Its not a Nintendo brand and its out of place really.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ya'll need to be more open minded yeesh.

NeoGAF and Twitter are all over this Splatfest. Doesn't matter if it's not Nintendo or if Transformers isn't in a good spot today, it's still a legacy IP and still very much iconic, and seeing Nintendo branch off their comfort zone is always a good thing.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I like Hasbro stuff and such, but in all honestly. The Transformers series's hayday was back in the 90s. The new-era Transformers is very shunned in the public eye today. I mean, I would of expected this in Japan, but surprised to see it here.
    You mean the 80's, because the 90's was when the series started to get hated by G1 purists when Beast Wars first became a thing. Anyone remembered "truck not munkky"?

I really don't have a good view on the series to even say and many Miiverse posters have this shared opinion as well. Its very mixed and very unsure. Even some are saying this is a terrible splatfest idea since it breaks Splatoon's pre-set lore and it just doesn't fit. Its not a Nintendo brand and its out of place really.
    > Implying Ika Musume didn't already ruined Splatoon's pre-set lore

The reception of this U.S. announcement were positive on Know Your Meme and Smashboards, and they find it better than the usual Splatfest themes we get, because it's not based on a boring daily life preference.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    which weapons do you like to troll players with? I prefer the gal deco with the seeker mines

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Here's Europe's Splatfest:

Spoiler:

And for those of you who've played Squad Battles yesterday, were you weirded that the ink colors were always the same (purple and pinkish red) in every match you played through?

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I bet that splatfest is in England (Singing vs Dancing) because of the ugly teeth joke (sorry)

and I don't play squad battles... But i notice some of the songs in the online matches almost sound like they could have been made by Anamanguchi

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Today's where we're getting two new weapons before Splatfest, and they are: the Bamboozler 14 Mk 1 and the L-3 Nozzlenose D. The latter functions the same as the other Nozzlenose weapon, but here's what the Bamboozler does (as presented by NWPlayer123):

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Megatron was pleased as was Marie, you've been crushed Team Autobot, til next time. Here on Dragonbal... wait a moment.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • do you know what would have been an interesting Splatfest? Celestia vs Luna

That was the first thing I thought about when they first announced the Transformers Splatfest. I'll definitely join Team Luna if that ever came to be (praise the night). I've also made a list of possible Splatfest themes:

Spoiler:

Back