• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • We have another Cats Vs. Dogs situation in this week's Splatfest, as Team Marshmallow is being grouped against their own comrades, which means we've won by popularity.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    We have another Cats Vs. Dogs situation in this week's Splatfest, as Team Marshmallow is being grouped against their own comrades, which means we've won by popularity.
    This is much worse though, In cats vs dogs, I never fought my team, however, in this I've faced my own team more then any hot dog teams.

Years
  • At least they tried with this theme. Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs is a lot better than the North Pole vs. South Pole that Europe got.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't know about you guys, but ever since my dad got a new router for faster internet, I've been getting disconnections during turf wars more often.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • My team finally won a Splatfest. Took long enough. I didn't get to play all that much because I was busy all day, but I won all four battles I got in, so I say it counts.

Corn Sugar/Sugar Syrup > Meat Cylinders

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    At least they tried with this theme. Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs is a lot better than the North Pole vs. South Pole that Europe got.
    They're both better than Rock vs. Pop. Why do we keep getting annoying themes?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • As I predicted, Team Marshmallow won by sheer popularity. If one team faces its own members more often than the enemy team, that means the former will win by popularity no matter what. Looks like I've joined the winning team 3 times in a row. I must be lucky.

Diabetes > Cancer

fix'd

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I have to say this, but the Heavy Splatling in Ranked Battles (primarily Tower Control) is a godsend for me. I got two level ups in one day because of it. Rather than focusing on the Tower, just play support and go after other inklings and splat them. Combine it with the high rate of fire, plus the fact you are downing the members of the enemy splatoon, the tower will eventually get to the end and victory. That 500p for the victory plus the 2000p KO bonus, its so sweet.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I've noticed that with the level up system past 20, there really isn't any point for me playing Turf War. For losing in Ranked you usually get more EXP than you would by losing in Turf which is really a shame. And winning isn't even a huge bonus in Turf. :[

I mean...

You could always play for fun.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I've noticed that with the level up system past 20, there really isn't any point for me playing Turf War. For losing in Ranked you usually get more EXP than you would by losing in Turf which is really a shame. And winning isn't even a huge bonus in Turf. :[

I completely agree with this. I've gone up in four levels today along because of Ranked Battles, plus the changing gamemodes also keep it more entertaining then just plain Turf War. If Nintendo fixes it where you can get a bit more exp in normal mode or add in the other gamemodes like Tower Control in the normal (non-ranked) battles, then yeah. I would play normal battles more often.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Knowing the nature of Ranked Battles, obtaining 10 points of EXP to level up isn't worth it, and getting only 1 EXP point by losing is less than getting 2 EXP points by losing in a Turf War.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • But Ranked also has different modes. Turf War is just the same thing over and over again it feels. :[

Because it's the central mode of the game, for it's suppose to be a friendly mode for those who are terrible at killing other players, and the main objective is inking the most turf.

Also, no one told me you can't reach S Rank in Squad Mode (learned this when playing with CureYoshiDarkness). >_<

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    k that's a lame theme i'm not mad that i won't be able to participate

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    thats the best theme the fuck are you on about. im salty we wont get to keep the shirts.

decepticons cuz optimus prime is a jobber

Years
  • That's... not what I'd expect. I wish it could have been something more generic like robots vs. dragons or something. Don't really know what the difference is between one transformers and the other.

Back